Author Topic: Question for MILOS!!  (Read 4329 times)

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
Re: Question for MILOS!!
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2007, 01:03:43 PM »
I`ve exposed Milos in the past for being nothing but a huckstering charlatan, moonlighting as a pseudo nutritionist as well as a bogus "medical" doctor.

The reality is that he fails at all of the above.  The truth is, he promotes excessive drug usage,peddles junk to the ignorant and the moronic, alongside promoting methods steeped in falsity, totally juxtaposed to true Science.  The poor sods he panders to are looking for guidance because they are clueless to use reason and science for themselves.

Milos is a Chaucerian fraud.

Well at least the Snake OilTM booth at the Olympia is going to be teh awesome!   Don't be so hard on poor Milos!
Ron: "I am lazy."

Captain Slin

• Getbig III
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2007, 01:03:56 PM »
1 lb of muscle is equivalent to 50  cals burned a day. Milos is right you are wrong.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2007, 01:06:36 PM »
1 lb of muscle is equivalent to 50  cals burned a day. Milos is right you are wrong.

what??

this statement is just rediculous

cals burned depends on activity factor aswell. Do you think a guy sitting on his ass all day long burns as many cals as a guy doing cardio and training?

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2007, 01:09:54 PM »
I`ve exposed Milos in the past for being nothing but a huckstering charlatan, moonlighting as a pseudo nutritionist as well as a bogus "medical" doctor.

The reality is that he fails at all of the above.  The truth is, he promotes excessive drug usage,peddles junk to the ignorant and the moronic, alongside promoting methods steeped in falsity, totally juxtaposed to true Science.  The poor sods he panders to are looking for guidance because they are clueless to use reason and science for themselves.

Are you trying to imply that Milos' post workout shake is less than revolutionary?

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2007, 01:12:57 PM »
It took him six hours to write that with three "friends", two dictionaries (including the online one at Dictionary.com), an almanac, four thesauri, and an English TA from his local JC.

;D ;D What did he use the almanac for?
a

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2007, 01:25:43 PM »
1 lb of muscle is equivalent to 50  cals burned a day. Milos is right you are wrong.

Nope, you are wrong. That's old info based on unreliable ways of measuring calorie demands.

Here's the study the table came from:
Curr Opin Clin Nutr Metab Care. 2001 Mar;4(2):143-7.
Dissecting the energy needs of the body.
McClave SA, Snider HL.

Department of Medicine, University of Louisville School of Medicine, 550 South Jackson Street, Louisville, Kentucky 40292, USA. samcclave@louisville.edu

The majority of the resting energy expenditure can be explained by the energy needs of a few highly metabolic organs, making up a small percentage of the body by weight. The relationship of the specific size, individual metabolism, and proportional contribution to the actual body weight and total energy expenditure for each of these organs is a dynamic process throughout growth and development, the onset of disease, and changes in nutritional status. Defining the energy needs of the individual tissues and organ systems immeasurably enhances our understanding of the body's response to these clinical processes, which otherwise could not easily be evaluated by focusing solely on total energy expenditure, fat-free mass, nitrogen imbalance, or actual body weight. Recently reported studies have served mainly to reinforce concepts described previously, and clarify some areas of controversy.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2007, 01:26:32 PM »
what??

this statement is just rediculous

cals burned depends on activity factor aswell. Do you think a guy sitting on his ass all day long burns as many cals as a guy doing cardio and training?
We are talking about resting metabolic needs. Same as Milos was discussing.

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
  • Scourge of the Northern Gods
« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2007, 01:52:15 PM »

Adonis speaks the truth with seductive eloquence, as usual. 8)

Captain Slin

• Getbig III
« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2007, 01:56:58 PM »
Nope, you are wrong. That's old info based on unreliable ways of measuring calorie demands.

Here's the study the table came from:

where in that study does it show that 1lb of muscle burns 6-7 calories a day at rest? maybe im stupid but i dont see it.

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2007, 02:02:00 PM »
It took him six hours to write that with three "friends", two dictionaries (including the online one at Dictionary.com), an almanac, four thesauri, and an English TA from his local JC.

is that before or after breeding and racing greyhounds?
Here comes the money shot

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2007, 02:08:04 PM »
is that before or after breeding and racing greyhounds?
also in between drinking expensive wine, and what goes best with it- mcdonalds.
follow the arrows

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
  • Scourge of the Northern Gods
« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2007, 02:10:36 PM »
Adonis is the greatest mindfvcker in Getbig history.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2007, 02:47:00 PM »
where in that study does it show that 1lb of muscle burns 6-7 calories a day at rest? maybe im stupid but i dont see it.
That is what is called an ABSTRACT lol. The full paper costs money to purchase. The attached table in the first post comes from the full paper.

Captain Slin

• Getbig III
« Reply #38 on: September 24, 2007, 02:59:14 PM »
That is what is called an ABSTRACT lol. The full paper costs money to purchase. The attached table in the first post comes from the full paper.

well do you have it? obviously that wasn the full study, but do you have the rest of it? you posted it as if crucia information was in the paragraph lol

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #39 on: September 24, 2007, 03:17:58 PM »
well do you have it? obviously that wasn the full study, but do you have the rest of it? you posted it as if crucia information was in the paragraph lol
I don't have it. But if you search google you can find discussions on the paper.
This one for example:
http://ezinearticles.com/?Does-Strength-Training-Boost-Your-Metabolism?&id=669160

It was he training that caused the "50 cal" metabolism boost.

garraeth

• Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: September 24, 2007, 04:46:51 PM »
;D ;D What did he use the almanac for?
Duh.  Is it not obvious? ::)

He had that on hand - just in case. You never know when you'll need to know what country the Port of Spain is the capital of during a GetBig rant.

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #41 on: September 24, 2007, 04:59:10 PM »
Duh.  Is it not obvious? ::)

He had that on hand - just in case. You never know when you'll need to know what country the Port of Spain is the capital of during a GetBig rant.
Garreth, do you eat the 5000 calories of clean food that milos recommends every day?

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #42 on: September 24, 2007, 05:04:46 PM »
Milos, how do you respond to Layne Nortons claim that protien intake over 1.5g a day has actually been shown to decrease anabolism? Layne says 1.5 g AT MOST. He has studies to back this up. What is your response to this? Also, is this a program that a natural should use? I know Jeff Rodriguez has extremely high protien intake and follows nutrition principles simmilar to your guidelines.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #43 on: September 24, 2007, 08:10:47 PM »
You are suggesting that special ed is not in shape. From his recent picture it seems like he lost a great deal of weight. You on the other hand......well........uh .....
well Sean, I won't argue he has lost weight, but he didn't look to be "in shape" in the last photos either. and you on the other hand.......well....uh... .... ::)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
« Reply #44 on: September 24, 2007, 08:29:29 PM »
well Sgt. D, I won't argue he has lost weight, but he didn't look to be "in shape" in the last photos either. and you on the other hand.......well....uh... .... ::)

I have never posted my pics on getbig. Shawn is in great shape. Thanks for your love :-*

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #45 on: October 01, 2007, 07:14:55 PM »
Bump, maybe you can answer this now since you aren't busy with the olympia milos  ;)

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #46 on: October 01, 2007, 07:17:13 PM »
also in between drinking expensive wine, and what goes best with it- mcdonalds.

now it all makes sense, thanks or clearing that up...clearly he is a man of culture  ::)
Here comes the money shot

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #47 on: October 01, 2007, 07:47:57 PM »
Milos, how do you respond to Layne Nortons claim that protien intake over 1.5g a day has actually been shown to decrease anabolism? Layne says 1.5 g AT MOST. He has studies to back this up. What is your response to this? Also, is this a program that a natural should use? I know Jeff Rodriguez has extremely high protien intake and follows nutrition principles simmilar to your guidelines.

jrod definitely has had good results.

I think every natural could learn from him, one way or another.

Regardless, an extreme high diet seems unnecessary.

As empty as paradise

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #48 on: October 01, 2007, 07:51:05 PM »
jrod definitely has had good results.

I think every natural could learn from him, one way or another.

Regardless, an extreme high diet seems unnecessary.

Im curious as to what is the purpose of using exogeneous insulin as oppose to your own. If you use dextrose after a work out won't enough insulin be released as needed to balance out the rise in blood sugar? So wouldn't using more sugar have the same effect?

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #49 on: October 01, 2007, 08:08:58 PM »

That is quite the ponderous paragraph