Author Topic: Why don't the Mr. Getbig competitors...  (Read 7972 times)

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
Re: Why don't the Mr. Getbig competitors...
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2007, 06:49:31 PM »
i agree that predictability (as embodied by an an entry deadline) is a virtue . . . it makes things more stable.

but if it's already been amended once, it doesn't do much for ensuring stability.

Do you think by closing the entrants and then allowing 5 more people to enter makes the contest most likely fixed?
E

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2007, 06:52:53 PM »
Do you think by closing the entrants and then allowing 5 more people to enter makes the contest most likely fixed?

It can always be justified by saying that they were the original participants and therefore deserve a special exemption. But it does make one wonder.

It seems reasonable to extend the entry deadline given the late date at which the prize money was announced.

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2007, 06:56:19 PM »
It can always be justified by saying that they were the original participants and therefore deserve a special exemption. But it does make one wonder.

It seems reasonable to extend the entry deadline given the late date at which the prize money was announced.

Ahh, but when running a fair contest would you like to make everything on the up and up or have things "that can always be justified"? ;)
E

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2007, 06:58:38 PM »

Danny - I know full well you are just stirring the pot but I'm replying for the lurkers 8)

1 - It's a message board show, not Mr. Olympia, why would we bother to 'fix' it.....

2 - As individual judges scorecards will be posted, we would have to rope in all 10 judges for this 'fix'. Ron, Dina etc. IMO would be hard to get 10 ppl to agree to cheat, and to shut up about it too.

3 - We've all seen MS physique. If any fix was to be done, surely he would have stepped out way back and entered and simply won it outright, without even a fix anyway....as he would easily take the show.

4 - Why would MS and I kill ourselves to arrange this and get $5 grand prize money to give to someone in a 'fix'. No offense to anyone, but we just don't like anyone *that* much to got through all that trouble ;D

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2007, 07:00:24 PM »
Danny - I know full well you are just stirring the pot but I'm replying for the lurkers 8)

1 - It's a message board show, not Mr. Olympia, why would we bother to 'fix' it.....

2 - As individual judges scorecards will be posted, we would have to rope in all 10 judges for this 'fix'. Ron, Dina etc. IMO would be hard to get 10 ppl to agree to cheat, and to shut up about it too.

3 - We've all seen MS physique. If any fix was to be done, surely he would have stepped out way back and entered and simply won it outright, without even a fix anyway....as he would easily take the show.

4 - Why would MS and I kill ourselves to arrange this and get $5 grand prize money to give to someone in a 'fix'. No offense to anyone, but we just don't like anyone *that* much to got through all that trouble ;D

Then why close the contest and open in back up for 5 people? Closed means closed, do you want me to wiki it for you? :)
E

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2007, 07:40:08 PM »
Then why close the contest and open in back up for 5 people? Closed means closed, do you want me to wiki it for you? :)

TBH - That was simple miscommunication. MS and I were on the phone, gibbering away about various things, and he said to post to close entry's and we didn't clarify it, so MS amended it 12 hrs later. Our fault really - so sorry for that.

Also, I do comprehend the word closed. My english may lack in some ways, but I do have that word down ;D

Danielson, my conspiracy buff, I invite you at this time to refute my above 4 points...........

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2007, 07:42:19 PM »

Danielson, my conspiracy buff, I invite you at this time to refute my above 4 points...........

Too tired right now. Perhaps tomorrow :) When are you going to announce the additional entries?
E

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2007, 07:45:01 PM »

simple. you're not fixing it by getting to the judges . . . you're fixing it by taking out the unpredictability created by allowing surprise late entries. 

in other words, the organizers have seen "preview" pics . . . and could have assured a certain somebody that they can't fall below 1st if they enter.

in any case, tbh, i really doubt there's a dark horse on the inside  . . . or on the outside.

and if adonis wins, it will be a huge travesty . . . and we all know it.

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2007, 07:46:54 PM »
simple. you're not fixing it by getting to the judges . . . you're fixing it by taking out the unpredictability created by allowing surprise late entries. 

in other words, the organizers have seen "preview" pics . . . and could have assured a certain somebody that they can't fall below 1st if they enter.

in any case, tbh, i really doubt there's a dark horse on the inside  . . . or on the outside.

Ahh, you heard the same thing as me. It is obvious at this point.
E

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2007, 07:48:10 PM »
Ahh, you heard the same thing as me. It is obvious at this point.

i haven't heard anything, tbh . . . i'm just bored.  ;D

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2007, 08:00:01 PM »

As far as I personally know, Adonis is not in [yet at least].

No way we could assure anyone - I've got about 10 guys on the entry list who could still hop in, and quite frankly I haven't the foggiest clue who some of them are, let alone what they look like.

Plus, I know from competing IRL, no way can that occur anyway. Unless we get in some massive 250lb shredded beast, the winner will be determined that day. Even putting up pics now can't determine really - it will all go on how hard they diet for the next 10 days, dropping water, fullness, posing ability, overall presentation etc.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2007, 11:24:50 AM »
I would sign up, but I am nowhere near contest shape.. I wanted to try though, but I guess drink was more important. Had I known about the prize money, things could have turned out different.

figgs

• Getbig IV
  • from realization to infinity
« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2007, 11:31:24 PM »
I hadn't previous considered entering, but I've been dieting for the past few weeks for no apparent reason and I might be able to get in shape by the date of the Mr. Getbig.

hmm  ???
~

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: September 25, 2007, 04:12:34 AM »
I hadn't previous considered entering, but I've been dieting for the past few weeks for no apparent reason and I might be able to get in shape by the date of the Mr. Getbig.

hmm  ???

Unless you are signed up it doesn't matter, registration is closed.
E

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #39 on: September 25, 2007, 04:25:52 AM »
Unless you are signed up it doesn't matter, registration is closed.

yup

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #40 on: September 25, 2007, 07:17:20 AM »
Figgs, CJ - Both you guys look good and yes registration is closed...sorry.

Last year we had about $3,000 worth of supps etc, this year $5,100 in cash.............MS has already said next year prizes should be double this year........so get a headstart guys :D

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #41 on: September 25, 2007, 07:47:39 AM »
They cut off all new competitors except for 5. Out of the thousands of people who may want to enter, they are letting 5 still enter :)

I closed the contest after announcing the prize money, becasue I did not want a bunch of non GetBiggers coming in last minute.  If there was a legitimate GetBigger who had been training for this, but had not yet announced his entry prior to the cut off, I would be open to letting him in.  My main goal is to keep this a GetBig contest.
w

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: September 25, 2007, 02:43:13 PM »
I closed the contest after announcing the prize money, becasue I did not want a bunch of non GetBiggers coming in last minute.  If there was a legitimate GetBigger who had been training for this, but had not yet announced his entry prior to the cut off, I would be open to letting him in.  My main goal is to keep this a GetBig contest.

That makes more sense than just last years competitors. If someone who has been here for years wanted to give it a crack, I think they should have the same option as last years guys. I do agree about ringers coming in for the money though.
E

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #43 on: September 25, 2007, 05:30:48 PM »

i would suggest extra qualifications for next year like being a member of the board for at least a year, a minimum of 100 posts in the last year, etc

Knives

• Getbig III
« Reply #44 on: September 26, 2007, 04:43:38 PM »
yeah, you can cut it off to anyone who doesn't already have 100+ posts

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #45 on: September 27, 2007, 04:49:39 AM »
Guys, any input you have to improve the Mr. Getbig that we can use for next year plz stroll over and post in this thread so the ideas can be 'kept in one place' and not lost all over the board.....Thanks...

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #46 on: September 27, 2007, 05:05:59 AM »
Guys, any input you have to improve the Mr. Getbig that we can use for next year plz stroll over and post in this thread so the ideas can be 'kept in one place' and not lost all over the board.....Thanks...

meh

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #47 on: September 27, 2007, 07:19:32 AM »
Im still in..I havent been able to train in a month and a half,  i fucked my shoulder off pretty good. Shoulder and Pec minor. (thanks wicked truth). But i think i have enough of a foundation to do something...Just trying to get this water out. but ill be fine....Yall thought THE MAL was gonna bitch out....im still in this. I have awesome genetics.

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: September 27, 2007, 02:45:25 PM »
Im still in..I havent been able to train in a month and a half,  i fucked my shoulder off pretty good. Shoulder and Pec minor. (thanks wicked truth). But i think i have enough of a foundation to do something...Just trying to get this water out. but ill be fine....Yall thought THE MAL was gonna bitch out....im still in this. I have awesome genetics.

Bring em hell Big muthafkn Mal!
E