Author Topic: my buddy john just lost his mom, and was deployed to iraqu!  (Read 1347 times)

G.R.H.

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
my buddy john just lost his mom, and was deployed to iraqu!
« on: September 30, 2007, 03:42:18 PM »
he's fighting over in iraqu to save my butt and yours! he's in the states right now cause his mom died, but he'll be going back shortly. i think he's a real tough dude. please pray for him! he's an f'in basket case right now!  :'(

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
  • I'm too sexy for my shirt!!!
Re: my buddy john just lost his mom, and was deployed to iraqu!
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2007, 03:43:50 PM »
Man that sucks.

I don't pray though, but I do donate to various foundations that support the troops and their families whenever I can (I'm a poor college student...)

G.R.H.

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2007, 03:48:05 PM »
know what dude...why not have a "benching contest" to help raise $ for the troops! just a suggestion. you may be poor, but you got the brawn to blow away your competion, and to help our buddies in iraqu!  ;)

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
  • I'm too sexy for my shirt!!!
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2007, 03:53:35 PM »
That's a really good idea, man. I'll put to some people at Ohio State rec sports, see if they accept it.

G.R.H.

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2007, 04:13:54 PM »
SWEET! i just suggested it cause that's how i actually got into lifting. in college, a buddy of mine signed me up for a bench press competion to raise $ for his fraternity. i was a mere 125lbs at that time and had hardly any build, but i banged out a bench of 175lbs! my buddy was pretty damn impressed and so was i! i'm not sure what i bench now. this was about 20 years ago!

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2007, 04:44:27 AM »
he's fighting over in iraqu to save my butt and yours! he's in the states right now cause his mom died, but he'll be going back shortly. i think he's a real tough dude. please pray for him! he's an f'in basket case right now!  :'(

G.R.H.,
John and his family are in my prayers!