Author Topic: Iranian President wants to lay a wreath on 9/11 site but denied  (Read 3735 times)

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
Iranian President wants to lay a wreath on 9/11 site but denied
« on: September 24, 2007, 07:41:46 AM »
So the US gov has denied the Iranian President from laying a wreath on the 9/11 site during his trip to the UN in NYC.  What do you guys think?  Is the US out of line for denying his request?

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
Re: Iranian President wants to lay a wreath on 9/11 site but denied
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2007, 07:45:28 AM »
They denied him because it was a publicity stunt for the media, not a sincere gesture.  Remember, this is the guy always shouting "death to America", and suggesting Israel should be "wiped off the map".  It would have been disrespectful to the memories of the victims to allow him to perform his little dog & pony show there for the cameras.  I agree with the decision 100%.
Ron: "I am lazy."

raisydaisy

• Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2007, 07:57:14 AM »
I think everyone should be allowed to lay a wreath on the 9/11 site. Come on! How many people died there? Ahmadinedschad may have different views on some issues but I don't think he backs terrorism or the killing of innoncent people. And who is the US gov't to decide whether the guy is being honest or not.
TP almost died 4 u bi****

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2007, 08:11:17 AM »
I'm not defending Amadeenajadaadsadsdasdas d, I don't know much about him but
who is the US gov't to decide whether the guy is being honest or not.
S

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2007, 08:13:43 AM »
 ;D ;D

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
  • You can't be a citizen unless you serve
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2007, 08:18:45 AM »
I think everyone should be allowed to lay a wreath on the 9/11 site. Come on! How many people died there? Ahmadinedschad may have different views on some issues but I don't think he backs terrorism or the killing of innoncent people. And who is the US gov't to decide whether the guy is being honest or not.

You don't think he backs terrorism? must not watch much news
gotta love life

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2007, 08:38:04 AM »
They denied him because it was a publicity stunt for the media, not a sincere gesture.  Remember, this is the guy always shouting "death to America", and suggesting Israel should be "wiped off the map".  It would have been disrespectful to the memories of the victims to allow him to perform his little dog & pony show there for the cameras.  I agree with the decision 100%.
Ahmadinejad never threatened to wipe Israel off of the map.  The quote of his was mistranslated.  Knowing the Bush administration and its supporters, that was probably done on purpose.  Here's the quote:

"Imam ghoft een rezhim-e ishghalgar-e qods bayad az safheh-ye ruzgar mahv shavad."

Literal translation:  "The Imam said this regime occupying Jerusalem must vanish from the page of time."

Read in the full context of the speech, laying out the history of Zionist oppression against Muslims, I see nothing out of the ordinary with what he said.

But there is a push in this country to paint any flavor of the day opponent--hussein, ahmadinejad, gore--as irrational or insane.

I can't find the speech where he said, "Death to America!"  Do you have a link for it?

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2007, 08:51:31 AM »
Ahmadinejad never threatened to wipe Israel off of the map.  The quote of his was mistranslated.  Knowing the Bush administration and its supporters, that was probably done on purpose.  Here's the quote:

"Imam ghoft een rezhim-e ishghalgar-e qods bayad az safheh-ye ruzgar mahv shavad."

Literal translation:  "The Imam said this regime occupying Jerusalem must vanish from the page of time."

Read in the full context of the speech, laying out the history of Zionist oppression against Muslims, I see nothing out of the ordinary with what he said.

But there is a push in this country to paint any flavor of the day opponent--hussein, ahmadinejad, gore--as irrational or insane.

I can't find the speech where he said, "Death to America!"  Do you have a link for it?

wow, you really are full of shit.  Like the "literal translation" means anything different . . . History of zionist oppression against Muslims . . . pick up a neutral history book sometime . . . might do you good.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2007, 09:06:06 AM »
wow, you really are full of shit.  Like the "literal translation" means anything different . . . History of zionist oppression against Muslims . . . pick up a neutral history book sometime . . . might do you good.
Yes a literal translation does mean something.

This is a correct translation:  "The Imam said this regime occupying Jerusalem must vanish from the page of time."

This is is not a correct translation:  "Israel must be wiped off the map!"

Surely a man of your intellect can see the difference?  Otherwise what difference do words make to you?  You seem to know it all already.  Did you read Ahmadinejad's speech?

In Ahmadinejad's speech he refers to Zionism as the West's apparatus for Muslim oppression in the Middle East.  You may disagree with the man's reasoning but there is validity to his point.  First the US installed the Shah.  Then the US paid more foreign aid to Israel than any other country helping them develop one of the world's finest armies.  The US always takes the side of Israeli terrorism and never the side of muslim terrorism.  That may seem a bit flippant but it is largely correct.

I think the forces that be are playing people for fools and you are wholeheartedly accepting this script written for Iran as true.

Did you also believe the WMD allegations against Iraq?  or the Al Qaeda connection?  Hell, while we are on the topic, did you think that Saddam Hussein was behind the 9/11 attacks?

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2007, 09:13:52 AM »

He never said Death to America...

Victor VonDoom

• Getbig IV
  • ...and Doom shall control the world!
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2007, 09:16:02 AM »
This debate and feigned outrage is amusing. 

Ahmadinedschad and Iran had nothing to do with 9/11.  He has broken no laws of the United States and is a legal visitor to the country.  If he wants to visit ground zero and lay a wreath there who cares?  Your life will not be impacted.

If people want to be outraged about something they might try outrage that, many years later, the person responsible for 9/11 has not been caught and that your “leaders” made fools of you by playing on your emotions and steering you into a conflict that has cost thousands of lives, hundreds of billions of dollars, and has done nothing to make the country safer even as Al Queda has returned to its pre 9/11 strength.  Talk about a bait and switch.  Ba ha ha ha ha ha ha

You Americans are such Fools! Ba ha ha ha ha

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2007, 09:26:07 AM »

Ahmadinedschad and Iran had nothing to do with 9/11.  He has broken no laws of the United States and is a legal visitor to the country.  If he wants to visit ground zero and lay a wreath there who cares?  Your life will not be impacted.

If people want to be outraged about something they might try outrage that, many years later, the person responsible for 9/11 has not been caught and that your “leaders” made fools of you by playing on your emotions and steering you into a conflict that has cost thousands of lives, hundreds of billions of dollars, and has done nothing to make the country safer even as Al Queda has returned to its pre 9/11 strength.  Talk about a bait and switch.  Ba ha ha ha ha ha ha

Yes Lord Doom. 

Latveria Uber Alles!

Victor VonDoom

• Getbig IV
  • ...and Doom shall control the world!
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2007, 09:31:31 AM »
Didn’t Vicente Fox in his new book marvel that someone like Bush could become President of the US?  In the book, he calls Bush a Chevrolet cowboy.  One who prefers riding in trucks to riding a horse.  In other words, he is a pretender.  And you all fell for it.  Ba ha ha ha ha ha

Doom is amused.

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2007, 09:33:59 AM »
The joke is that we could just kill him while he's right here in NYC, maybe with some slow-acting radioactive material. Instead, he'll go back to Iran, and two years down the road, we'll sacrifice another 3500 troops to "capture" him.
BigNationRadio.com

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2007, 10:52:38 AM »

Know what's ironic? You'll read comments against Arabs/Persians and all people of color on a daily basis here. These comments range from "they are animals" to "kill them all" people are hypocrites for being pissed about a little "death to America" comment.

I've seen how the media gets 'creative' when translating Arabic. 

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2007, 10:59:25 AM »
Know what's ironic? You'll read comments against Arabs/Persians and all people of color on a daily basis here. These comments range from "they are animals" to "kill them all" people are hypocrites for being pissed about a little "death to America" comment.

I've seen how the media gets 'creative' when translating Arabic. 
That's a great point.  Many people simply parrot what what they are told and they run with that information until the prejudice is so heavy that countervailing facts mean nothing to them.  They don't bother to do any reading of their own to find out what's really going on---that would take effort.

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2007, 11:00:02 AM »
He's at Columbia right now, turn on the News....
S

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2007, 11:37:09 AM »

Me too. 

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2007, 12:39:47 PM »
Yes a literal translation does mean something.

This is a correct translation:  "The Imam said this regime occupying Jerusalem must vanish from the page of time."

This is is not a correct translation:  "Israel must be wiped off the map!"

Surely a man of your intellect can see the difference?  Otherwise what difference do words make to you?  You seem to know it all already.  Did you read Ahmadinejad's speech?

In Ahmadinejad's speech he refers to Zionism as the West's apparatus for Muslim oppression in the Middle East.  You may disagree with the man's reasoning but there is validity to his point.  First the US installed the Shah.  Then the US paid more foreign aid to Israel than any other country helping them develop one of the world's finest armies.  The US always takes the side of Israeli terrorism and never the side of muslim terrorism.  That may seem a bit flippant but it is largely correct.

I think the forces that be are playing people for fools and you are wholeheartedly accepting this script written for Iran as true.

Did you also believe the WMD allegations against Iraq?  or the Al Qaeda connection?  Hell, while we are on the topic, did you think that Saddam Hussein was behind the 9/11 attacks?
careful decker, aljewbra will get really upset and try to smite you if you dare to show anything less than full, unquestioning support of isreal

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2007, 12:57:43 PM »
careful decker, aljewbra will get really upset and try to smite you if you dare to show anything less than full, unquestioning support of isreal

Isn't that going to be your new alias after drinking the kool-aid? :)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2007, 01:28:18 PM »
I agree the man should be BANNED from speaking if he has done things to hurt Americans.  Here is a look at the 3 things he is criticized for.

1. Denying the Holocaust.
This is a terrible charge.  TOday he said there needs to be more research on it.  We all know that 6 million Jews were said to have died.  That is a horrible number.  We also know that in 1991, the plaque at Auscwitz was changed from 4.5 million to read 1.5 million.  I don't know what that means.  Do you?

2. He wants to destroy Israel and America.
We have one loose translation which has mixed translations?  The man has been in public speech for decades and speaks out constantly.  You're telling me he only said this about Isr and US ONCE?  In all those decades of speaking, he only said it ONCE?  Really?  You'd think a terror mastermind would have said it thousands of times. 

3. He is funding terror in Iraq.
If this is true, I support bombing the shit out of Iran.  I'm ignoring the hypocracy of it all - I know we created al Q in 1980 to do precisely that - kill Russians by proxy.  But I'll be a hypocrite if its true.  Can someone here please show us evidence that Ahdmiedijhad or the Iranian Govt has fueled terror?  ALso, since the Bush admin was dead wrong about WMD - and Rove admits they were - I am going to pass on taking their word on this one.  Please show me the evidence he is funding terror, from anyone in the world besides a group who was wrong last time and is dying to war with Iran, and I'll support bombing them 1000%.  Can someone please provide this evidence?

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2007, 01:36:26 PM »
The joke is that we could just kill him while he's right here in NYC, maybe with some slow-acting radioactive material. Instead, he'll go back to Iran, and two years down the road, we'll sacrifice another 3500 troops to "capture" him.

What would that accomplish?  He's just the current spokesman of Iranian policy, not the driving force behind it.  Their "government" answers to the mullahs, not the people.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2007, 01:40:09 PM »

Ahmadinedschad and Iran had nothing to do with 9/11. 

No one said he did.  That's not the issue.

You Europeans (I'm assuming you're European... my apologies if I'm mistaken) shouldn't be so quick to act as apologists for Islamic fundamentalism;  they hate you almost as much as they hate us.

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
  • You can't be a citizen unless you serve
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2007, 01:48:08 PM »

Maybe you should pay attention to how media and image play the single most vital role in fighting wars. If this ass is allowed to fein sympathy for 9/11 in order to garner compassion from fools like you we will never be able to fight a war against Iraq if the need arises. People like you and Decker will say "How bad can he be, didn't you see him at ground zero?" just shows how much smarter the muslims are at manipulating public opinion.
gotta love life

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2007, 01:58:14 PM »
just shows how much smarter the muslims are at manipulating public opinion.

Really?

I think they're TERRIBLE at manipulating public opinion.  99% of AMericans HATE them. 

On the other hand, we white folks are DAMN GOOD at manipulating public opinion.  WIth zero evidence of a WMD program that didn't exist, Bush got half a trillion dollars loan, 3800 people to give their lives for it, 20,000 people to give a limb for it.  And, he still has 25% of Americans supporting a war for ghost-WMD that he now admits never existed!! 

That's some seriously good public spin, baby!