Author Topic: DANIELSON SAY IT AINT SO!!!  (Read 690 times)

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
DANIELSON SAY IT AINT SO!!!
« on: September 28, 2007, 03:02:17 PM »

This is from moviehole.net...they want to remake the Karate Kid.. :-[
dont know if this is old news.

"A few years back, prior to MGM’s sale to Sony, there was talk of another Karate Kid movie. Several folks – you’re looking at one – were in the mix to flesh out Daniel Son’s next adventure (in my opinion, the best design was to always fix on an older discontented career-man version of Daniel whose son needs his help – self defence wise - only he’s not so keen to give it because he’s anti-Karate these days) but at the end of the day, a change of studio guard and the discernment (don’t know if I agree – I think the title alone would’ve done the selling) of some who believed Ralph Macchio could never open a film again saw the sequel plans scrapped faster than a fractured egg in a basket.

Now, of course, we’re looking down the barrel at another potential remake. Sheesh.

I heard last year that Sony were considering relaunching the series and was clutching fists when I later discovered it was a – why, of course - remake they were looking at. It didn’t surprise me, but it didn’t please me either. For me, Pat Morita (god rest his soul) will always be Mr Myagi, Ralph Macchio (as unbankable as he may be) will always be Daniel Larusso, and fuck, Martin Kove will always be John Kreese. I’m sure most of you agree. But more so, “The Karate Kid” series still stands up darn well. They haven’t really dated. When my daughter is old enough to watch them, I’ll put them on for her, and she’ll no doubt enjoy them. It won’t even occur to her that they’re twenty-something years old.

Unless, of course, she’d rather watching the “new” Karate Kid – which I imagine all the little tykes will.

Jerry Weintraub, who produced the 1984 original, is teaming with Will Smith’s Overbrook Entertainment to do the new version, says IGN Movies. Glad that Jerry’s involved, and terrific to know someone with such a unique vision as Will Smith is producing, but you’ll never guess who’ll be playing the new Larusso? Will’s son, Jaden Christopher Syre Smith.

Hmmm.

Look the kid was great in “The Pursuit of Happyness” but…. Well, he’s 9! This is supposed to be “The Karate Kid”, a timeless franchise for teenagers, not “3 Ninjas!”… It sounds to me like they’re going to kiddie up the flick and target the under ten-year olds. If that’s the case… please let it be an in-name only remake… please don’t have Will cameo as Mr Myagi. Please, no Elle Fanning as Ali Mills … I think I’d rather suck the rails on my wall heater than see that. In fact, I’m gonna put lip to heater anyway… I’m already steamed up enough over the plans, it ain’t gonna make much difference.

Actually, before I do, I should probably consider what happened to that other franchise Jerry Weintraub was going to relaunch. “Police Academy”. Remember, he was going to remake that a few years ago? I don’t see that playing anywhere, do you? We can only live in hope that someone nail-guns this bitch before it’s recharged.

The project is apparently out to writers. "

Read the full story at IGN Movies.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
Re: DANIELSON SAY IT AINT SO!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2007, 05:40:25 PM »
danielson was a gay nerd penis puffer who in real life would have got his ass kicked by the cobra kai guys as well as those unfriendly asian dudes he fights in one of the sequels.