Author Topic: OSU coach Mike Gundy's tirade and Jenni Carlson's response  (Read 1159 times)

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
OSU coach Mike Gundy's tirade and Jenni Carlson's response
« on: September 25, 2007, 11:25:17 AM »

He repeats himself a couple of times, but makes a good point in under 4 minutes.  I think he overdoes the broken-hearted child angle a little bit, but the core of his argument is 100% correct - the 'reporter' screwed up, but I blame the NCAA for creating that culture. 

Jenni's 'what did I do wrong?' response was total bullshit.  Freakin' liberals talk about 'free expression', but this woman and her editor don't believe in responsible journalism.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: OSU coach Mike Gundy's tirade and Jenni Carlson's response
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2007, 11:38:42 AM »
He repeats himself a couple of times, but makes a good point in under 4 minutes.  I think he overdoes the broken-hearted child angle a little bit, but the core of his argument is 100% correct - the 'reporter' screwed up, but I blame the NCAA for creating that culture. 

Jenni's 'what did I do wrong?' response was total bullshit.  Freakin' liberals talk about 'free expression', but this woman and her editor don't believe in responsible journalism.

*APPLAUSE*  I loved that!  The media really has zero accountability.  Nice to see Gundy hold their feet to the fire.  He does make some great points.   

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2007, 04:19:10 PM »
Gundy was a pretty good quarterback for the Cowboys in the late 80's.

Played with some great offensive players in Barry Sanders, Thurman Thomas, and Hart Lee Dykes.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2007, 09:29:45 PM »

Funniest video clip of the weekend was when they showed old footage of Thurman Thomas waiting for his call, which came sometime in the second round of the draft back in '89, I believe. 

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2007, 10:38:12 AM »
In hindsight, that motivated Thurman Thomas to become a future and present hall of famer in '07.

Great career and a great player.