Author Topic: Had a disagreement with a friend as to whether or not the 300 actors were juic-  (Read 2939 times)

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
either way, clen/eca/diet/ and weight training will get you that way in no time

Hell,if someone offered to pay you to be in a movie...wouldn't you get in shape?  and yes, I would hit some test also.. :)
Here comes the money shot

musclehedz

• Getbig IV
Re: Had a disagreement with a friend as to whether or not the 300 actors were ju
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2007, 07:44:04 AM »
Most likely some cutting agents, and LOTS of cardio.

Captain Slin

• Getbig III
most of the guys in the movie were also muscular before they got the role. go look them up years before you can see that they worked out then with the special effects it made them all look very lean and a lil bigger.

the didnt just cast a hundred dudes then workthem all out. they were already in shape thats how they picked them.

there were something like 60 stuntman for the movie. stuntman for action movies are generally in good shape.

Trev

• Getbig IV
  • Bodybuilding The Old School Way - Train, Eat, Rest
Anyone else on here find it to be a concern that some guys on here seem to think you need drugs to build bodies like these actors??!!! They were just buffed regular guys from a few months hard work!! TOO much emphasis in bodybuilding is placed on drugs - They don't add that much size to a guy who "busts his bollocks" in the gym whilst on the correct diet. They are more for holding onto size when getting ripped and enabling a certain required look on stage. Correct me if Im wrong and if there are any IFBB athletes/ex athletes on-line, confirm if Im correct.

Condor

• Getbig IV
  • Work Hard, Play Hard
Yeah this is ridiculous.....

These actors got themselves in great shape by doing a nonstop, intense workout of about 40 sets in a row without a break.....I doubt many on here could get through it, I read about it.

The whole point of the movie was NOT to have these guys look liked they juiced, but rather, to have physiques attainable as the result of hard work and being warriors 24/7.....that was their job. 

Captain Slin

• Getbig III
Anyone else on here find it to be a concern that some guys on here seem to think you need drugs to build bodies like these actors??!!! They were just buffed regular guys from a few months hard work!! TOO much emphasis in bodybuilding is placed on drugs - They don't add that much size to a guy who "busts his bollocks" in the gym whilst on the correct diet. They are more for holding onto size when getting ripped and enabling a certain required look on stage. Correct me if Im wrong and if there are any IFBB athletes/ex athletes on-line, confirm if Im correct.

YOU ARE WRONG. Show me ONE OF THSE ACTORS that didnt workout for years prior to being cast for this movie. No one worked out for a few months and got like this. Dont be delusional.

They got casted for the fact that they already looked somewhat muscular then the graphics helped them out along with a little bit of training.

No one looks like these guysafter 2 months of working out. Maybe 2 or 3 years of natural training and working a regualr job with a super strict diet.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
Yeah this is ridiculous.....

These actors got themselves in great shape by doing a nonstop, intense workout of about 40 sets in a row without a break.....I doubt many on here could get through it, I read about it.

The whole point of the movie was NOT to have these guys look liked they juiced, but rather, to have physiques attainable as the result of hard work and being warriors 24/7.....that was their job. 

With virtually no recovery time...hmm...must have some freaky ass constitutions...
I hate the State.

Condor

• Getbig IV
  • Work Hard, Play Hard
With virtually no recovery time...hmm...must have some freaky ass constitutions...

Like I was trying to say, it wasn't to become overly massive, but to show the results of pushing the human body to extremes would make you look like.  That was the spartans.

Trev

• Getbig IV
  • Bodybuilding The Old School Way - Train, Eat, Rest
YOU ARE WRONG. Show me ONE OF THSE ACTORS that didnt workout for years prior to being cast for this movie. No one worked out for a few months and got like this. Dont be delusional.

They got casted for the fact that they already looked somewhat muscular then the graphics helped them out along with a little bit of training.

No one looks like these guysafter 2 months of working out. Maybe 2 or 3 years of natural training and working a regualr job with a super strict diet.

A couple of these guys are British Television Actors who obviously included weights in their health regimes, but had never dieted into this condition before. They are not that big man, just lean - EXAMPLE: Go look at www.cbass.com the dude is 11 stone soaking wet but LOOKS bigger due to his conditioning.

cgcgraded

• Getbig II
Re: Had a disagreement with a friend as to whether or not the 300 actors were ju
« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2007, 02:17:17 PM »
i don't know why everyone is obessed with the people from 300, they were nothing special in my opinion

dantelis

• Getbig IV
  • Mesmerizing, isn't it.
« Reply #35 on: September 26, 2007, 02:25:47 PM »
i don't know why everyone is obessed with the people from 300, they were nothing special in my opinion

Are you crazy!?!  They killed 10,000 - 20,000 Persians including elephants and that guy with the swords for arms.  Let's see you do that with 299 or your best buddies!!!!  ;D

Sir William Idol

• Getbig IV
  • you got a fight comin
most of the guys in the movie were also muscular before they got the role. go look them up years before you can see that they worked out then with the special effects it made them all look very lean and a lil bigger.

the didnt just cast a hundred dudes then workthem all out. they were already in shape thats how they picked them.

there were something like 60 stuntman for the movie. stuntman for action movies are generally in good shape.

exactly.  it was only probably the actors with bigger parts who might have been forced to get into better shape.  everyone else in the background with non speaking roles was already in shape by the time the casting director saw them, or else they'd of never gotten a second look.
its comin today

Shraded

• Getbig II
I watched a special before the movie came out and it was talking about their training and that they were airbrushed on they're chest and abs  ;) I'm sure they got touched up with the computer too

Paul Allen

this is the man who trained gerard butler.  up to you if he helped him out with supplementation.

(first from the left)