Author Topic: twisted knee  (Read 2293 times)

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
twisted knee
« on: September 26, 2007, 06:15:53 AM »
woke up today with a swollen knee..apparently i twisted it at some point yesterday

can hardly put any weight on it.i iced it this morning and then put a semi tight wrap around it..

i'm in class now hobbling around...

should i keep off it or  a little bit of hobbling around isn't 2 bad?
carpe` vaginum!

powerpack

• Getbig IV
  • Time to get Buck wild!
Re: twisted knee
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2007, 12:43:24 PM »
Depending on where the pain is comming from.
If it is coming from a muscle insertion or just generally feels inflamed  you should be OK with rest.
If it is coming from the side where the two bones meet you may have damaged your meniscus cartilage, that will require a little more than just rest

The Coach

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2007, 04:17:05 PM »
woke up today with a swollen knee..apparently i twisted it at some point yesterday

can hardly put any weight on it.i iced it this morning and then put a semi tight wrap around it..

i'm in class now hobbling around...

should i keep off it or  a little bit of hobbling around isn't 2 bad?

Did you hear a "pop"? If it's still swollen for the next day or so, go to the doc. Not trying to scare you, but if you twisted it and it swelled right away it could be an indication of an ACL sprain. If so you need to find out what grade the sprain is, if it's a grade 1 you can usually just stay off of it, keep it up, Ice and Ibuprofin. If its a Grade 2, it could mean a slight tear might require no surgery but physical therapy, If it's a grade 3, it usually means ACL reconstruction with about 4-6 months of rehab and a full recovery in about a year.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2007, 03:10:00 PM »
appreciate the help guys... :)

its day 3 and aside from some ocassional crackle pop...it feels good...no pain...had me scared there for a little...for the life of me i dunno what i did ...

since i lost my manta ray i haven't been squatting soo the swelling and pain is still a mystery 2 me
carpe` vaginum!