Author Topic: Pics and stats, I need some advice  (Read 9505 times)

Eric2

• Getbig IV
Re: Pics and stats, I need some advice
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2007, 06:29:00 PM »
Not the best advice unless you want to lose muscle. Don't eat carbs 3 hours before bed but do take in protein. If you don't eat 3 hours before and then get 7-8 hours of sleep yoru body will begin to fast overnight. No simple carbs pre workout, your body already has glycogen stores from your daily intake so your pre will convert to fat quicker. Comlex carbs pre simple carbs post

Most men eat enough protein throughout the day to last overnight. Just how much muscle mass would one lose in their sleep at night? Really, I am being serious. Is it even measurable? I find this information limited. As long as one gets enough nutrition through the day their muscles will be fed.
h

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2007, 07:06:25 PM »
   Most men eat enough protein throughout the day to last overnight. Just how much muscle mass would one lose in their sleep at night? Really, I am being serious. Is it even measurable? I find this information limited. As long as one gets enough nutrition through the day their muscles will be fed.

Well...I do it this way. I get my 200-225 grams of protein in before 6 as well as my carbs (low) and fats. My last meal always has Casein in it so it circulates for up to 8 hours in the body. True, at the end of the day the deficit is what matters. But I have such a slow metabolism that the nighttime fasting period is essential for me.
I hate the State.

The Onion

• Getbig III
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2007, 11:53:34 PM »
should i just be taking in 50 carbs for first meal, 50g simple sugars before and afteroworkout totalling 150g a day?
50g of simple sugars before and after workout sounds like overkill to me - if it`s strength training you do. If it`s strenuous cardiovascular training you do it could be more justified.

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
  • You can't be a citizen unless you serve
« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2007, 05:31:34 AM »

I'm not saying eat a full 40-60 grams of protein. I eat 1/2 cup of cottage cheese before bed. 90 cals, 14 grams slow digesting protein to help until that shake first think upon waking
gotta love life

JCL

• Getbig III
« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2007, 02:12:36 PM »
50g of simple sugars before and after workout sounds like overkill to me - if it`s strength training you do. If it`s strenuous cardiovascular training you do it could be more justified.

More strength training at the moment, gonna pick up my cardio more in the am 4-5x a week, to shed this fat...