Author Topic: Ya Don't Say?  (Read 765 times)

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
Ya Don't Say?
« on: October 03, 2007, 10:42:05 AM »
Wednesday, October 3, 2007
UK judge rules Gore's film is biased

This is a great victory for opponents of climate change hysteria. A judge in the UK has ruled that Al Gore's An Inconvenient Truth promotes partisan views, and that teachers who show the film to their pupils must make it clear that there are opposing opinions on the subject.

Stewart Dimmock, a lorry driver from Dover in South-east England who has children aged 11 and 14, went to court after the government announced in February that DVDs of the film would be sent to all secondary schools in England, along with other global warming propaganda.

The Daily Mail (www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/worldnews.html?in_article_id=485336&in_page_id=1811) reports that in a three-day hearing, the court was told the film contains a number of inaccuracies, exaggerations and statements about global warming for which there is currently insufficient scientific evidence. Mr Dimmock says Gore's film is "sentimental mush", and accused the government of "brainwashing" children. The Mail reports:

Mr Justice Burton is due to deliver a ruling on the case next week, but yesterday he said he would be saying that Gore's Oscar-winning film does promote 'partisan political views'.

This means that teachers will have to warn pupils that there are other opinions on global warming and they should not necessarily accept the views of the film.

Mr Dimmock said at the start of the hearing: "I wish my children to have the best education possible, free from bias and political spin, and Mr Gore's film falls far short of the standard required." He wants the film banned altogether, and his solicitor said "no amount of turgid guidance" could change the fact that the film is unfit for the classroom.

The film should certainly be banned from schools, but given that the global warming alarmists enjoy the full support of Britain's political, media and educational establishments, this is still a significant victory.

Those who believe we should have an open and honest debate on the subject should be grateful to Stewart Dimmock for standing up to the media/political global warming spin machine, and take encouragement from the fact that AIT has officially been labeled the lie-strewn piece of agitprop a lot of people have been calling it for years.

Decker

• Getbig V
Re: Ya Don't Say?
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2007, 11:59:02 AM »
Oh my god in heaven.

Here's a news flash for the author of that article: If you have an opinion in life, you are now considered to have a bias.

I like living.  But then I'm biased towards living.  Let's get an opinion from the other side of the aisle...any cadavers out there with an opinion?

The word 'bias' means nothing anymore...it's equated with 'opinion'.

The courts' pronouncement that alternative views exist is comically obvious. 

I don't recall Vice President Gore claiming he has absolute knowledge on the matter.

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
Re: Ya Don't Say?
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2007, 01:46:23 PM »
Oh my god in heaven.

Here's a news flash for the author of that article: If you have an opinion in life, you are now considered to have a bias.

I like living.  But then I'm biased towards living.  Let's get an opinion from the other side of the aisle...any cadavers out there with an opinion?

The word 'bias' means nothing anymore...it's equated with 'opinion'.

The courts' pronouncement that alternative views exist is comically obvious. 

I don't recall Vice President Gore claiming he has absolute knowledge on the matter.

spoken like a true legal counsel.   ::)