Author Topic: My review of the 2007 Mr. Olympia.  (Read 4261 times)

Bronx

• Getbig III
  • MuscleMag Group Photo Editor
Re: My review of the 2007 Mr. Olympia.
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2007, 08:56:19 AM »
This is a rediculous thread. Ronnie was basically the biggest mess of his life and was "lucky" to eek out 4th place. I'm thinking that nobody next to Chick was actually sitting at the show...and if you were, you weren't ANYWHERE close to the stage...

Did someone actually say Ronnie was in better shape than Dexter...I mean, did that actually leave someones mouth? Interesting...

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2007, 09:14:42 AM »
Ronnie dwarfed Dexter in size, condition, thickness, density and overall mass.
size yes, condition no. i was there, saw it all go down. ronnie looked like shit friday but was way better sat.

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2007, 11:03:30 AM »
explain to me why Dex had no business beating ronnie....

His conditioning wasn't spectacular compared to previous versions of himself and while he was up in size he wasn't up in size enough to beat Ronnie - and even more questionable: why did he beat Wolf?  Did Dexter really improve over his form in the picture below?

http://www.bodybuildingpro.com/dexterjackson.html

What show were YOU watching?

Ronnie was a legit 4th...meaning...not only do you have him beating Dexter, but Jay as well??

I had Ronnie beating everyone but Dennis, Victor, and Jay (in my opinion in that order).  After, I would have put Melvin in fifth and Silvio in sixth, with Dexter in seventh.  I'll admit, the top six was VERY close, but I didn't see Dexter beating Ronnie and I especially didn't see him beating Dennis.

Ronnie getting fourth is a lot like when Markus Ruhl placed fifth in 2004.  He may not have had the best structure, but he was still undeniably huge and shredded.

Epic irony: Ronnie's left side injuries all stemmed from his victory collapse at the 2005 Mr. Olympia.  The first of such injuries were visible just days later in his GMV DVD "On the Road":

http://www.bodybuildingpro.com/ronniecolemanontheroaddvd.html

PS - Bob, I'm happy to report that Crystal from bodybuilding.com told me I'm your 25th top affiliate partner out of over 8,000.  I plan to make that #1 very soon.  ;D
Bodybuilding Pro.com

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2007, 11:14:11 AM »
Ronnie was far more ripped and bigger.

Did you type Ronnie was far more ripped than Dex? lol

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2007, 11:19:05 AM »
http://www.bodybuildingpro.com/mrolympiareport2007.html

- Dennis and Jay could have switched places and the results would have made more sense.
- Ronnie was a legit fourth, but Dexter had no business beating him.
- The fitness girls were oath.
- Milos is very smart.
- The show was sold out...if "sold out" means only 80% of the seats being filled.
- IFBB: please STOP putting the female shows close to the men's shows just to fill seats.  No one has any interest in female bodybuilding.  Get the clue.  This is a business, is it not?

I will update that link later and post on here when I update it.  I have a few more pictures to upload and a few more rants to go on.

Man you still have much to learn Matt lol but hey I'll had it to you at least you try.

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2007, 11:23:27 AM »
Did you type Ronnie was far more ripped than Dex? lol

Dexter was ripped...I'd have to go over the pictures to see just how ripped.  From where I sat it didn't look like he was leaps and bounds ahead of everyone else.  Ronnie WAS dry.  As garraeth mentioned to me at the expo, he looked almost disfigured in some sense.  His muscles just didn't "POP" like they used to.  I mean, look at these pictures...

http://www.bodybuildingpro.com/ronniecolemandvd.html

http://www.bodybuildingpro.com/ronniecolemanunbelievabledvd.html

Man you still have much to learn Matt lol but hey I'll had it to you at least you try.

In life, you should try to learn that sometimes, somewhere along the line, someone will disagree with you.

PS - Dorian of 1993 would have taken the whole show.  I figured you'd like hearing me say that.  ;D
Bodybuilding Pro.com

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2007, 11:28:31 AM »
Dexter was ripped...I'd have to go over the pictures to see just how ripped.  From where I sat it didn't look like he was leaps and bounds ahead of everyone else.  Ronnie WAS dry.  As garraeth mentioned to me at the expo, he looked almost disfigured in some sense.  His muscles just didn't "POP" like they used to.  I mean, look at these pictures...

http://www.bodybuildingpro.com/ronniecolemandvd.html

http://www.bodybuildingpro.com/ronniecolemanunbelievabledvd.html

In life, you should try to learn that sometimes, somewhere along the line, someone will disagree with you.

PS - Dorian of 1993 would have taken the whole show.  I figured you'd like hearing me say that.  ;D

Dexter was among the best conditioned in that show ! Ronnie was soft he wasn't dry you want to see Ronnie Dry compare him to 1998 you'll see dry

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2007, 11:29:37 AM »
His conditioning wasn't spectacular compared to previous versions of himself and while he was up in size he wasn't up in size enough to beat Ronnie - and even more questionable: why did he beat Wolf?  Did Dexter really improve over his form in the picture below?

http://www.bodybuildingpro.com/dexterjackson.html

I had Ronnie beating everyone but Dennis, Victor, and Jay (in my opinion in that order).  After, I would have put Melvin in fifth and Silvio in sixth, with Dexter in seventh.  I'll admit, the top six was VERY close, but I didn't see Dexter beating Ronnie and I especially didn't see him beating Dennis.

Ronnie getting fourth is a lot like when Markus Ruhl placed fifth in 2004.  He may not have had the best structure, but he was still undeniably huge and shredded.

Epic irony: Ronnie's left side injuries all stemmed from his victory collapse at the 2005 Mr. Olympia.  The first of such injuries were visible just days later in his GMV DVD "On the Road":

http://www.bodybuildingpro.com/ronniecolemanontheroaddvd.html

PS - Bob, I'm happy to report that Crystal from bodybuilding.com told me I'm your 25th top affiliate partner out of over 8,000.  I plan to make that #1 very soon.  ;D
Peanut gallery  ::)

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2007, 11:37:41 AM »
Dexter was among the best conditioned in that show ! Ronnie was soft he wasn't dry you want to see Ronnie Dry compare him to 1998 you'll see dry

All in all, I would still have him beating Dexter.  Just as you would have Yates consistently beating far more pleasant looking physiques.

That comparison you posted of Ronnie is kind of sad to look at.  :-\
Bodybuilding Pro.com

slayer

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2007, 11:51:13 AM »
look at how ronnies abbs seperated in 10 yrs! :o

jeez what a mess he brought to the stage this yr, well everyone gets old!

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2007, 12:30:41 PM »
look at how ronnies abbs seperated in 10 yrs! :o

jeez what a mess he brought to the stage this yr, well everyone gets old!

No matter how you slice it, he's still world class.  NO ONE could possibly debate that he deserved to be outside of the top 10.  Like I said, I had him in fourth, but some will argue he should have been a few spots lower.  He is past his prime, but by every definition, he is still world class.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

slayer

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2007, 01:02:30 PM »
No matter how you slice it, he's still world class.  NO ONE could possibly debate that he deserved to be outside of the top 10.  Like I said, I had him in fourth, but some will argue he should have been a few spots lower.  He is past his prime, but by every definition, he is still world class.
more like local class, like maybe mr texas ;)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2007, 01:21:48 PM »
All in all, I would still have him beating Dexter.  Just as you would have Yates consistently beating far more pleasant looking physiques.

That comparison you posted of Ronnie is kind of sad to look at.  :-\

Matt its not about Dexter being more aesthetically pleasing its a matter of being better conditioned , Ronnie was way off I mean I was surprised he placed ahead of Wolf

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: October 04, 2007, 02:00:13 PM »
Matt its not about Dexter being more aesthetically pleasing its a matter of being better conditioned , Ronnie was way off I mean I was surprised he placed ahead of Wolf

I was also very surprised he placed ahead of Wolf!  But I still maintain he was a solid fourth, with Wolf ahead of him instead of Dexter.  I'm not saying he looked great, I'm simply saying he still looked solid enough to place fourth.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: October 06, 2007, 02:42:20 PM »

So who do you think should have won in 1987?  By your reasoning, the bodybuilder in the best condition seems to win even if he is down in size.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

jason armstrong

• Getbig IV
  • Riverview Trailer Park St Louis MO
« Reply #40 on: October 06, 2007, 02:57:42 PM »
This is a rediculous thread. Ronnie was basically the biggest mess of his life and was "lucky" to eek out 4th place. I'm thinking that nobody next to Chick was actually sitting at the show...and if you were, you weren't ANYWHERE close to the stage...

Did someone actually say Ronnie was in better shape than Dexter...I mean, did that actually leave someones mouth? Interesting...
yes that came from our resident fat pig squatfatter who knows nothing about bb'ing is our favoritel fat lil gay schmoe..

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: October 06, 2007, 03:00:39 PM »
yes that came from our resident fat pig squatfatter who knows nothing about bb'ing is our favoritel fat lil gay schmoe..

Dexter was ultra-shredded, but Ronnie's weak point wasn't really conditioning, it was structure.  He still had plenty of size on Dexter.  Also, what did Dexter have on Melvin and Dennis?
Bodybuilding Pro.com

jason armstrong

• Getbig IV
  • Riverview Trailer Park St Louis MO
« Reply #42 on: October 06, 2007, 04:42:21 PM »
Dexter was ultra-shredded, but Ronnie's weak point wasn't really conditioning, it was structure.  He still had plenty of size on Dexter.  Also, what did Dexter have on Melvin and Dennis?
i wasn't referring to you matt i was referring to fatdaddy squat fat. :D

good post and olympia report with pics and thanks for the review...

everyone has different opinions but don't dare argue with spongebob- :-*

suckmymuscle

« Reply #43 on: October 08, 2007, 01:04:04 AM »

What show were YOU watching?

Ronnie was a legit 4th...meaning...not only do you have him beating Dexter, but Jay as well??

This guy will always defend the I.F.B.B no matter what. chick, grow some balls! >:(

SUCKMMYMUSCLE

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #44 on: October 08, 2007, 08:27:52 AM »
  This guy will always defend the I.F.B.B no matter what. chick, grow some balls! >:(

SUCKMMYMUSCLE

Try and get it rght...that was MATT C's quote not mine........

Trev

• Getbig IV
  • Bodybuilding The Old School Way - Train, Eat, Rest
« Reply #45 on: October 08, 2007, 09:39:31 AM »
This argument will go on until next year - Ronnie is still world class ( top 10 in the world ) for sure BUT was way off of his previous form. His legs alone must have been 4inches smaller EACH !!

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: October 08, 2007, 10:03:13 AM »
This argument will go on until next year - Ronnie is still world class ( top 10 in the world ) for sure BUT was way off of his previous form. His legs alone must have been 4inches smaller EACH !!

I agree.  Top 10 = world class, and Ronnie was definitely top 10.  You could even argue that anyone qualifying for the Olympia is world class.

My top six:

1. Dennis Wolf
2. Victor Martinez
3. Jay Cutler
4. Ronnie Coleman
5. Melvin Anthony
6. Silvio Samuel
7. Dexter Jackson
8. Gustavo Badell
9. Johnnie O Jackson
10. David Henry

Something like that anyway!  I could have had Dexter as high as fifth but I don't see what he had on Melvin.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: October 08, 2007, 04:49:55 PM »
So who do you think should have won in 1987?  By your reasoning, the bodybuilder in the best condition seems to win even if he is down in size.

Haney was the clear winner I mean Gaspari was harder by far but Haney was no slouch on conditioning couple that with Haney being at least 40 pounds heavier than Rich and twice as wide Haney all the way !

with all things being ' equal ' what separates the winner from the loser is who is better conditioned , Flex & Ronnie 1998 , Ronnie basically won because his glutes were striated and his hams showed better separation if Flex was 100% on the money he would have beat Ronnie in 1998 despite being lighter .

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: October 08, 2007, 04:53:08 PM »
Haney was the clear winner I mean Gaspari was harder by far but Haney was no slouch on conditioning couple that with Haney being at least 40 pounds heavier than Rich and twice as wide Haney all the way !

with all things being ' equal ' what separates the winner from the loser is who is better conditioned , Flex & Ronnie 1998 , Ronnie basically won because his glutes were striated and his hams showed better separation if Flex was 100% on the money he would have beat Ronnie in 1998 despite being lighter .

Haney was structurally wider than Gaspari but was not much bigger.  Gaspari was 220 at that show and Lee was probably 245 at most.  Also, that particular night, Haney was definitely not in peak condition - I would say not even close!

http://www.bodybuildingpro.com/1987mrolympiadvdreview.html

ND - serious question for you, do you like my website?  ???  Discuss.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: October 08, 2007, 04:54:34 PM »
hey Matt you'd like the latest Flex it's got a 25 page or so special of Rich and Lee training together back in 1984, goes through their whole training program.