Author Topic: best front lat spread of all time  (Read 140708 times)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
Re: best front lat spread of all time
« Reply #425 on: August 22, 2009, 07:15:03 PM »
I asked for pics and you give me quotes? Funny little man. lol

explain how distance affects proportions at distances greater than 10 ft. The head, pecs, delts, and arms all get smaller but keep the same dimensions. It's only at close up distances (e.g. less than 5 ft) that proportions get distorted. So rather than roll your eyes like an idiot, why don't you use your brain and explain what distance has to do with the 2 pics?

correction: you posted the opinions of people who saw both and claim Dorian had better conditioning. Why should I believe them while you ignore the myriad of quotes saying Ronnie had the greatest physique of all-time? ;)

I'm still waiting for the objective criteria you're using to determine density and dryness. What visual cues do you use?

I asked for pics and you give me quotes? Funny little man. lol

I don't care what you asked these quotes render your opinion moot and as usual you have the audacity to claim and IFBB judge incorrect this is were your pride & stupidity overtake your logic , either it's not true and the IFBB judge and well as the others quoted are all involved in some big conspiracy to push this fallacy that Yates appears bigger than his fellow competitors whilst being lighter or it's true , see Occam's razor you should be familiar with it

and I'm taller and heavier than you who are you calling little man? little man  ;)

explain how distance affects proportions at distances greater than 10 ft. The head, pecs, delts, and arms all get smaller but keep the same dimensions. It's only at close up distances (e.g. less than 5 ft) that proportions get distorted. So rather than roll your eyes like an idiot, why don't you use your brain and explain what distance has to do with the 2 pics?

again the pictures are NOT the same distance away from the camera as each other and you're bragging about how much bigger Ronnie looks compared to Dorian  ::) that means dick compared to reality brag when they're side-by-side not in two separate pictures

correction: you posted the opinions of people who saw both and claim Dorian had better conditioning. Why should I believe them while you ignore the myriad of quotes saying Ronnie had the greatest physique of all-time? ;)

Oh boy Mr Hypocrite strikes again you just posted a quote from Yates as proof that weight doesn't mean anything but balk at his claim he's better conditioned than Ronnie ! and I never ignored ANY quote claiming Ronnie has the greatest physique of all-time , in fact Mr Liar I posted a quote from McGough saying as much I don't fear objective opinions or popular opinion polls

and I do NOT care if you believe them or not , it doesn't change FACTS you don't have a clue what constitutes great conditioning hence why you believe Dorian is in fact ' soft ' in a pic where his density is heralded as unequaled , once you reach these levels of denying reality any care of convincing you of reality disappears and ridicule sets in . I laugh at your stupidity Neo because I have proven you dead wrong and you're desperately trying to save face

I'm still waiting for the objective criteria you're using to determine density and dryness. What visual cues do you use?

the onus is one YOU boy-Neo to make your claim to the contrary seeing you're the one in denial of the experts prove he's soft and spare me the Hulksteresque posting a pic and saying ' see '

how do they determine conditioning? thanks for admitting ( finally ) you're ignorant to what it is  ;) I always knew you were ignorant but thanks for the confirmation

trying to ascertain who is better conditioned via pictures ( especially pictures that don't convey the whole story ) is retarded it's way to limited for a myriad of reasons and the fact you're content on doing so shows your ignorance , bias and agenda . nothing new

BuffD

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #426 on: August 22, 2009, 07:16:47 PM »
you forget there are two very good videos from both shows.

its quite clear from watching them that 99 is better.

hope this helps.

Like I said unless you are there it's simply your preference and that's all.  Vids are not real life and neither are pics.  All can be edited and touched up so that way the viewers get the highest quality to watch.  It's great you LOVE Ronnie but not everyone does and only the people that have seen him in all his shows or at least the ones in question here can truly say which one was his best.  I really hope that helped.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #427 on: August 22, 2009, 07:20:50 PM »
you forget there are two very good videos from both shows.

its quite clear from watching them that 99 is better.

hope this helps.

clear to everyone except Ronnie and the score of experts LMFAO someone forgot to tell the bodybuilding community 1999 is his best lol

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #428 on: August 22, 2009, 08:14:53 PM »
Flower Boy Ran Away

drmarkp

• Getbig III
« Reply #429 on: August 22, 2009, 08:36:00 PM »
i always though this guy had a pretty sick FLS.............who the fuck he is beats me.....

Who the hell is this?

MethodGNA

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Been Real_Been Nice...But it Hasn't Been Real Nice
« Reply #430 on: August 22, 2009, 08:40:09 PM »
Who the hell is this?

wish i knew,....somebody just posted that pic one day when they were talking about v-taper.........fuck if i knew who he is

IceCold

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #431 on: August 23, 2009, 03:45:01 AM »
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL ABBOTT (1966-2004)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #432 on: August 23, 2009, 05:44:33 AM »
no they didn't:

read and cry:

http://www.musclemecca.com/showthread.php/99-coleman-everyone-else-4268.html?t=4268

I ask for experts and you link me to a message board  ::) still having trouble finding multiple respected experts who will say 1999 is his best , gee I wonder why lol no wait I know why because it ain't fucking it

Flex Magazine March 2009

Tales from Columbus

2001 (2): Is Chris Cormier unlucky? Are Bob Cicherillo's threads so loud that he's being sponsored by a megaphone company? At the 2001 Arnold Classic, for the only time in its history, the reigning Mr. Olympia entered the contest. Not only that, but said Mr. Olympia, Ronnie Coleman, was in the best shape of his career, before or since. Now that is bad luck.

best shape of his career and it ain't 1999

Flex Magazine March 2008

2001 Then-reigning Mr. Olympia Ronnie Coleman, in the shape of his life at 245 pounds, took this one, with Cormier gaining the second of his six consecutive runner-up positions.

shape of his life and it ain't 1999

Q ] There are those who feel you were at your best when you competed lighter, which for you was in the low 270's, and those who say you were best in the 290's. Was there a particular look you presented that you preferred over the others?
dot

Number one. That one was incredible to me. It (Ronnie's first Olympia win in 1998) always will be and nothing will ever take the place of that one. Everything was just spot on for that show. I had to overcome so much to win that one too.

Ronnie Coleman HIMSELF saying 1998 was his best and it ain't 1999

Flex Magazine August 2003

Jim Schmatltz on Ronnie chances of winning six Olympias in a row

if he repeats his 2001 Arnold Schwarzenegger Classic form, he'll experience the joy of six.

2001 and it ain't 1999

Shawn Perine Ironage Dec 11, 2004

As much as I love Haney and my IA champs, I think Ronnie circa '98 or at the 2001 Arnold is pretty much untouchable. Except by Dorian Yates 6 weeks out from the '93 O as photographed by our own KMH. Both men, on those specific occasions carried so much dry muscle mass in good proportion and with good lines that it's almost unfair to compare them to others.

1998 or 2001 and it ain't 1999

While I’m on record as saying that the best physique I ever saw was Ronnie’s at the 2001 Arnold, he was never drier or harder than Dorian. In fact now that – 14 years after it happened – I recently for the first time saw the video of Dorian posing before the 1993 Olympia I have cause to rethink. I’m now not sure that Ronnie at 245 pounds would beat Dorian at 269 pounds. At a bigger bodyweight I think Ronnie would look soft next to an in-shape rock-hard Dorian.

On the subject of conditioning, no-one did it better than Dorian. He achieved a hardness and dryness (without losing fullness) that nobody has ever matched. In the flesh he looked even harder than he did in photos. It was like a statue made of granite was standing in front of you.

best physique was 2001 and it ain't 1999

Peter McGough Flex Magazine August 2005

Personally, the best physique I ever saw onstage (there was a contender for best-ever that I saw offstage: those crazy photos of sock-footed Dorian Yates taken seven weeks before the 1993 Mr. Olympia) was Ronnie's at the 2001 Arnold Schwarzenegger Classic. He was cut, full, trim in the waist and a monster (proving that when you're supersharp, you look superbig) at 244 pounds. Ronnie sporting that look would, in my opinion, be unbeatable and would make any criticisms as redundant as a chocolate squat rack.

2001 best-ever and it ain't 1999

Raymond Cassar - Muscletime Editor and Photographer

"There is no one alive that can beat Ronnie Coleman when he is at his best - No One! (and his best for me was when he won the 2001 Arnold Classic)"

It ain't 1999

Joe Weider - IFBB Co-Founder

"Many experts, including reigning Mr.Olympia, Jay Cutler, believe that at his best Ronnie has the greatest physique of all-time. When looking at pictures of Ronnie from the 1998 Mr.Olympia, I find it hard to argue with that."

hahahahahaha where is 1999 ?????

Team Flex - http://www.flexonline.com/training/49

"We've said before that the 245 pounds or so physique with which [Ronnie Coleman] won the 2001 Arnold Schwarzenegger Classic is the best ever - unbeatable."

oppppssssss NO 1999 here

See this is how's it done boy  ;) all the experts agree as does Ronnie Coleman himself as usual you're owned

Neptune100

• Getbig III
« Reply #433 on: August 23, 2009, 06:28:21 AM »
99 Coleman or 01 Coleman could beat any bodybuilder in history including Dorian 93  so really it doesnt matter

Hope this helps

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #434 on: August 23, 2009, 06:33:24 AM »
99 Coleman or 01 Coleman could beat any bodybuilder in history including Dorian 93  so really it doesnt matter

Hope this helps

yawn come back under your real account

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #435 on: August 23, 2009, 06:36:54 AM »

Hope this helps

great post!
Flower Boy Ran Away

Neptune100

• Getbig III
« Reply #436 on: August 23, 2009, 06:38:26 AM »
dude youre thinking way too much...im just another guy watching all the ronnie/dorian debates and just like majority of the people out there I know ronnie is better EVEN though Im a huge Dorian fan too.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #437 on: August 23, 2009, 06:38:45 AM »
great post!

hahahahhahaha congratulating gimmicks and you avoided my post like the plague because you can't fucking touch reality

find me ALL the experts who claim 99 is better IT CAN BE DONE

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #438 on: August 23, 2009, 06:41:22 AM »
dude youre thinking way too much...im just another guy watching all the ronnie/dorian debates and just like majority of the people out there I know ronnie is better EVEN though Im a huge Dorian fan too.

I always laugh at people who claim they're ' big Dorian fans ' you're full of shit , you're the one who created a gimmick so you can hide and post

you offered up absolutely NO explanation why Ronnie would beat Dorian just made a base claim under a gimmick bravo

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #439 on: August 23, 2009, 06:47:50 AM »
dude youre thinking way too much...im just another guy watching all the ronnie/dorian debates and just like majority of the people out there I know ronnie is better EVEN though Im a huge Dorian fan too

like I said before, ND has to make long winded posts full of bullshit to help cover up the fact that all visuals show dorian getting crushed by a peak Ronnie Coleman..

we all know ronnie is better because we understand how the sport is judged, what the judges look for, what constitutes a better physique etc etc.

ND doesn't. he has no fucking clue.
Flower Boy Ran Away

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #440 on: August 23, 2009, 06:49:53 AM »
see what I mean? he wants a long winded explanation when none is needed at all.

real life shows the answer quite clearly.

use standard criteria, apply it, and ronnie wins easily.

no bullshit words necessary to see this.

but they are necessary if you need to try and discredit all the visuals.. ::)
Flower Boy Ran Away

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #441 on: August 23, 2009, 06:51:15 AM »
like I said before, ND has to make long winded posts full of bullshit to help cover up the fact that all visuals show dorian getting crushed by a peak Ronnie Coleman..

we all know ronnie is better because we understand how the sport is judged, what the judges look for, what constitutes a better physique etc etc.

ND doesn't. he has no fucking clue.

Yeah like you have shown before you can't touch my posts and have been reduced to posting pictures are crying the opposite of reality  ;)

Flex Magazine March 2009

Tales from Columbus

2001 (2): Is Chris Cormier unlucky? Are Bob Cicherillo's threads so loud that he's being sponsored by a megaphone company? At the 2001 Arnold Classic, for the only time in its history, the reigning Mr. Olympia entered the contest. Not only that, but said Mr. Olympia, Ronnie Coleman, was in the best shape of his career, before or since. Now that is bad luck.

best shape of his career and it ain't 1999

Flex Magazine March 2008

2001 Then-reigning Mr. Olympia Ronnie Coleman, in the shape of his life at 245 pounds, took this one, with Cormier gaining the second of his six consecutive runner-up positions.

shape of his life and it ain't 1999

Q ] There are those who feel you were at your best when you competed lighter, which for you was in the low 270's, and those who say you were best in the 290's. Was there a particular look you presented that you preferred over the others?
dot

Number one. That one was incredible to me. It (Ronnie's first Olympia win in 1998) always will be and nothing will ever take the place of that one. Everything was just spot on for that show. I had to overcome so much to win that one too.

Ronnie Coleman HIMSELF saying 1998 was his best and it ain't 1999

Flex Magazine August 2003

Jim Schmatltz on Ronnie chances of winning six Olympias in a row

if he repeats his 2001 Arnold Schwarzenegger Classic form, he'll experience the joy of six.

2001 and it ain't 1999

Shawn Perine Ironage Dec 11, 2004

As much as I love Haney and my IA champs, I think Ronnie circa '98 or at the 2001 Arnold is pretty much untouchable. Except by Dorian Yates 6 weeks out from the '93 O as photographed by our own KMH. Both men, on those specific occasions carried so much dry muscle mass in good proportion and with good lines that it's almost unfair to compare them to others.

1998 or 2001 and it ain't 1999

While I’m on record as saying that the best physique I ever saw was Ronnie’s at the 2001 Arnold, he was never drier or harder than Dorian. In fact now that – 14 years after it happened – I recently for the first time saw the video of Dorian posing before the 1993 Olympia I have cause to rethink. I’m now not sure that Ronnie at 245 pounds would beat Dorian at 269 pounds. At a bigger bodyweight I think Ronnie would look soft next to an in-shape rock-hard Dorian.

On the subject of conditioning, no-one did it better than Dorian. He achieved a hardness and dryness (without losing fullness) that nobody has ever matched. In the flesh he looked even harder than he did in photos. It was like a statue made of granite was standing in front of you.

best physique was 2001 and it ain't 1999

Peter McGough Flex Magazine August 2005

Personally, the best physique I ever saw onstage (there was a contender for best-ever that I saw offstage: those crazy photos of sock-footed Dorian Yates taken seven weeks before the 1993 Mr. Olympia) was Ronnie's at the 2001 Arnold Schwarzenegger Classic. He was cut, full, trim in the waist and a monster (proving that when you're supersharp, you look superbig) at 244 pounds. Ronnie sporting that look would, in my opinion, be unbeatable and would make any criticisms as redundant as a chocolate squat rack.

2001 best-ever and it ain't 1999

Raymond Cassar - Muscletime Editor and Photographer

"There is no one alive that can beat Ronnie Coleman when he is at his best - No One! (and his best for me was when he won the 2001 Arnold Classic)"

It ain't 1999

Joe Weider - IFBB Co-Founder

"Many experts, including reigning Mr.Olympia, Jay Cutler, believe that at his best Ronnie has the greatest physique of all-time. When looking at pictures of Ronnie from the 1998 Mr.Olympia, I find it hard to argue with that."

hahahahahaha where is 1999 Huh??

Team Flex - http://www.flexonline.com/training/49

"We've said before that the 245 pounds or so physique with which [Ronnie Coleman] won the 2001 Arnold Schwarzenegger Classic is the best ever - unbeatable."

Reality owns you as much as I do

Neptune100

• Getbig III
« Reply #442 on: August 23, 2009, 07:07:34 AM »
alright since youre too retarded/delusional(refer to a previous post I put up on this thread on ND) to believe Im not a gimmick I will break down why Ronnie is better.

Ronnie's arms destroy Dorian's. true, Dorians tricep look great for a side tricep but that the only position his arms looked as good as Ronnies. Ronnies quad sweep destroy's Dorians.  Even though Dorian was extrememly grainy his condition was neutralized by how shredded Ronnie was.  And Dorian had one of the best backs ever, it just so happens that the only guy who had a better back was Ronnie. Ronnies back double bi was better, definetly thicker and deeper, and Ronnie's lat spread was better as well.  His hamstrings and glutes destoryed Dorians, even though dorians were excellent as well. however no one could really beat Ronnie there. Both of there chests were great, I really cant decide whose I think is better. They both had bloated waistlines during the end of their careers although Dorian had better abs.  Dorian  killed Ronnie in calves and in certain poses like the FLS he could beat Ronnie and probably the abs and thighs pose and side tricep maybe.  

With all this being said, Ronnie was/is the best ever. Honestly it isnt rocket science.  Sure he had some bad moments, lost to Gunter controversially, but when he brought it no one could touch him.  And Dorian won a few controversial Olympias just like Ronnie did in 01.  However, I believe Ronnie's loss's show progress in competitive bodybuilding and are not a slight on his career. Before Ronnie lost, mr. Olympias could never lose a contest even though they weren't the best on that given night (aka Dorian at a few Mr. O's).  The judges and competiton committees observed this criticism and tried to make bodybuilding more fair, so Ronnie lost the GNC Show of Strength and that Olympia to Jay. I think both of those decisision were correct and I've really liked the way contests have been judged for the past 5 years. So I believe it is progress showing and nothing else.  If this judging had been going on during Dorians reign he'd probably have two less Mr. O titles.  Also, Ronnie competed far more often as a Mr. Olympia than Dorian did, which gave him more chance to lose.  

BTW I can like both Dorian and Ronnie at the same time. Really on this board its come down to picking a side which is as silly as a little girl. Are you a little girl, ND?

I acknowlege both of them for being awesome.  Ronnie and Dorian arent even my fav bodybuilders, however, just like everyone else who is in their right mind I know Ronnie is better and I decided to throw my two cents for fun.

DEAL WITH IT.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #443 on: August 23, 2009, 07:14:16 AM »
alright since youre too retarded/delusional(refer to a previous post I put up on this thread on ND) to believe Im not a gimmick I will break down why Ronnie is better.

Ronnie's arms destroy Dorian's. true, Dorians tricep look great for a side tricep but that the only position his arms looked as good as Ronnies. Ronnies quad sweep destroy's Dorians.  Even though Dorian was extrememly grainy his condition was neutralized by how shredded Ronnie was.  And Dorian had one of the best backs ever, it just so happens that the only guy who had a better back was Ronnie. Ronnies back double bi was better, definetly thicker and deeper, and Ronnie's lat spread was better as well.  His hamstrings and glutes destoryed Dorians, even though dorians were excellent as well. however no one could really beat Ronnie there. Both of there chests were great, I really cant decide whose I think is better. They both had bloated waistlines during the end of their careers although Dorian had better abs.  Dorian  killed Ronnie in calves and in certain poses like the FLS he could beat Ronnie and probably the abs and thighs pose and side tricep maybe.  

With all this being said, Ronnie was/is the best ever. Honestly it isnt rocket science.  Sure he had some bad moments, lost to Gunter controversially, but when he brought it no one could touch him.  And Dorian won a few controversial Olympias just like Ronnie did in 01.  However, I believe Ronnie's loss's show progress in competitive bodybuilding and are not a slight on his career. Before Ronnie lost, mr. Olympias could never lose a contest even though they weren't the best on that given night (aka Dorian at a few Mr. O's).  The judges and competiton committees observed this criticism and tried to make bodybuilding more fair, so Ronnie lost the GNC Show of Strength and that Olympia to Jay. I think both of those decisision were correct and I've really liked the way contests have been judged for the past 5 years. So I believe it is progress showing and nothing else.  If this judging had been going on during Dorians reign he'd probably have two less Mr. O titles.  Also, Ronnie competed far more often as a Mr. Olympia than Dorian did, which gave him more chance to lose.  

BTW I can like both Dorian and Ronnie at the same time. Really on this board its come down to picking a side which is as silly as a little girl. Are you a little girl, ND?

I acknowlege both of them for being awesome.  Ronnie and Dorian arent even my fav bodybuilders, however, just like everyone else who is in their right mind I know Ronnie is better and I decided to throw my two cents for fun.

DEAL WITH IT.

meltdown  ;)

you're guilty of exactly of what they are cherry-picking based on your preference and NOT on how the IFBB judges contests . you just made a bunch of general statements idiotic claims

and just like everyone else who is in their right mind knows Ronnie is better , Ronnie said he wouldn't beat Yates so much for everyone  ;)

Neptune100

• Getbig III
« Reply #444 on: August 23, 2009, 07:21:01 AM »
ok whatev...no wonder I dont post much

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #445 on: August 23, 2009, 07:53:50 AM »

Thinking too much has never helped much with our mental midget here lol as you say the majority knows what's up without thinking much at all. ;)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #446 on: August 23, 2009, 07:59:55 AM »
ok whatev...no wonder I dont post much

because you're a gimmick  ;) you don't post much under this account and you don't have any balls to do it under your real one

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #447 on: August 23, 2009, 08:00:03 AM »
Are you a little girl, ND?

he might be. he works for a flower company. seriously.
Flower Boy Ran Away

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #448 on: August 23, 2009, 08:01:12 AM »

Thinking too much has never helped much with our mental midget here lol as you say the majority knows what's up without thinking much at all. ;)

Troll right on cue , personal attacks no content , incoherent babble , not sticking to the topic ,  you can tell pumpster is here

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #449 on: August 23, 2009, 08:02:01 AM »
I love how ND says 'our preference' as if our preference is somehow not exactly what the judges look for in the first place.

when it is..
Flower Boy Ran Away