Author Topic: Federal Tax Brackets  (Read 2260 times)

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
Re: Federal Tax Brackets
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2007, 09:07:42 AM »
The problem I see is that politicians don't have the balls to raise the tax during the economically good times.

If they did, that would curb the heatened economy.

Tax reductions should only come when the economy is going down.

But when the economy is running high, it needs to be controlled, and the politicians needs to have some fcuking brains and stop being populistic.

If Bush would've raised the tax instead of lowered it when the economy was going really well a couple of years ago, a couple of things would've been different:

*He would've had a buffert, instead of a gigantic depth, that he could've used for tas cuts, to stimulate the economy now.

*There wouldn't have been as much mortgages, since the prices would never had gone to that level in the first place.

The fcuked up thing, the really fcuked up thing, is that the politicians probably are gonna try to bring the economy back on its feet by: cutting back.

The method that would've helped an overheated economy.

It's like using a torch blower to nurture a burn victim.

As empty as paradise

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2007, 06:26:12 AM »
The problem I see is that politicians don't have the balls to raise the tax during the economically good times.

That's a great point.  The economy has performed reasonably well over the last few years.  That is due in no small part to wartime spending.

Pres. Bush and the republicans have chosen the cowardly way again by not raising taxes during this period.  We have a surplus of war spending and we are paying for it with money borrowed from the Chinese.

Bush can say he didn't raise taxes and that's true but what he doesn't say is how he nearly tripled the debt and passed those costs along to our children and our children's children with interest.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2007, 06:35:39 AM »
That's a great point.  The economy has performed reasonably well over the last few years.  That is due in no small part to wartime spending.

Pres. Bush and the republicans have chosen the cowardly way again by not raising taxes during this period.  We have a surplus of war spending and we are paying for it with money borrowed from the Chinese.

Bush can say he didn't raise taxes and that's true but what he doesn't say is how he nearly tripled the debt and passed those costs along to our children and our children's children with interest.

I fcuking hate cry-babies who whine about taxes during economically good times.

Anyone who wants lower taxes when the economy is going great is economically uneducated.

Sure, lower the taxes when the economy is starting to slow down. I'm all for that.

But to put oil on a burning fire?

WTF?

As empty as paradise