Author Topic: Yankees Cleveland thread  (Read 4681 times)

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
Re: Yankees Cleveland thread
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2007, 06:53:05 AM »
Yanks got out pitched and never got clutch hits :'(
Yanks need PITCHING!!!!!
Melky goes to right,Tori Hunter in center ;),keep A-rod.

I still say it was a conspiracy and that the Indians released a swarm of locus when Joba came on to pitch >:(

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2007, 07:04:47 AM »
I was hoping the series would go the 5 games, let the teams beat each other up a bit, I would have rather have faced the Yankess, Cleveland is a DEEP and talented team, Sabathia and Carmona are gonna be tough, and I personally have no confidence in Dice-k whatsoever at this point, but at the same time he could go out and pitch like he did in the WBC, if Torre really is gone he'll land on his feet he seems like a really classy guy.

body88

« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2007, 07:17:45 AM »
Yanks got out pitched and never got clutch hits :'(
Yanks need PITCHING!!!!!
Melky goes to right,Tori Hunter in center ;),keep A-rod.

I still say it was a conspiracy and that the Indians released a swarm of locus when Joba came on to pitch >:(

Yankees fans didnt want to hear it when I said it before the playoffs started.I said I would take the sox starters any day of the week in the postseason over the yankees pitching. This was at the point the yankees where making a comeback during the regular season so of course all you guys are pounding your chests  ;) CC was not even that good vs the yankees in game one.

Arod is going to playing short or third @ fenway or out @ wrigley. If they let Lowell walk that frees up $$ as well as if they finally trade Manny.

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2007, 07:51:47 AM »
Torre should quit before that bitch steinbrenner fires him.

their pitching is in trouble. clemens,pettite,mussina are old . that will be their biggest obsticale for next year.

and a-rod is most likely gone too

but hey..im a blue jays fan so im happy they lost  ;D

body88

« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2007, 07:59:41 AM »
Torre should quit before that bitch steinbrenner fires him.

their pitching is in trouble. clemens,pettite,mussina are old . that will be their biggest obsticale for next year.

and a-rod is most likely gone too  but hey..im a blue jays fan so im happy they lost  ;D

A lot of vets mike take off if Torre gets the axe. Pettite has said he would retire. How about Posada?

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2007, 08:26:58 AM »
Joe Torre and Alex Rodriguez aren't the only high-profile Yankees who might not be back in the Bronx next year.

Closer Mariano Rivera, catcher Jorge Posada and left-hander Andy Pettitte are among the star free agents who might decide not to return next season.

And Rivera indicated Monday night that he intends to test the market. Rivera, who has been a mainstay in the late innings for the Yankees since their storied run of four World Series titles in five years began in 1996, lobbied for an extension in spring training but was rebuffed.

"They had the opportunities and they didn't do nothing with me," Rivera said, according to the Star-Ledger of Newark. "So we'll see what happens. ... This is a business. Nothing against the New York Yankees.

"They figured it was the best for the team and I'm OK with it. ... We'll see what happens. But I would never hold anything against [the Yankees]."

Posada said earlier this season that he would like to test the free-agent market, but Monday night he was non-committal on his future plans.

"I'll talk about that later," Posada said, according to The New York Daily News. "We just lost a series. There's nothing to talk about, nothing to talk about Joe Torre, nothing to talk about right now."

Ten days after the finish of the World Series, Rodriguez can opt out of the remaining three years of the 10-year, $250 million contract he signed with Texas in 2000.

"One of the reasons I came here was to help this team win a world championship," Rodriguez said Monday night. "I have failed at that."

Pettitte has a $16 million player option for next season. Like Posada, he wasn't ready to speculate on his future Monday night.

"The biggest thing for me is just my family," he said, according to the Star-Ledger. "I have to get somewhere where I can talk to them about it and figure out what I'm going to do."

Rivera, Pettitte and Posada are home-grown Yankees and have played for Torre throughout their careers -- although Pettitte spent three seasons in Houston as well. Yankees owner George Steinbrenner told the Bergen Record that if the Yankees didn't advance to the American League Championship Series this year, he likely would make a change of managers -- and that could also help the players decide if they want to return.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

This is gonna be a huge offseason for the Yanks

body88

« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2007, 08:53:03 AM »
Arod and Mo to Boston. Can you imagine Mo and Okie in the 8th and the option of Paplebon or Rivera in the 9th.

End of game , period.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2007, 09:24:45 AM »
Arod and Mo to Boston. Can you imagine Mo and Okie in the 8th and the option of Paplebon or Rivera in the 9th.

End of game , period.

Hell,why dont you put Abreu in right{can't be worse than JD}and while your at it Posada behind the plate.damn talk about an offense
 ;)

body88

« Reply #33 on: October 09, 2007, 09:36:08 AM »

Hell,why dont you put Abreu in right{can't be worse than JD}and while your at it Posada behind the plate.damn talk about an offense
 ;)

No thanks. Tek is just fine. Jd came up with some clutch hits vs the Angels so I am not pissed at him right now. I will take Arod and Mo tho ; )

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Honey Badger cuz he don't Care.
« Reply #34 on: October 09, 2007, 10:19:17 AM »
No thanks. Tek is just fine. Jd came up with some clutch hits vs the Angels so I am not pissed at him right now. I will take Arod and Mo tho ; )

I'll be sad to see Manny & Lowell go though...

body88

« Reply #35 on: October 09, 2007, 10:23:57 AM »
I'll be sad to see Manny & Lowell go though...

Me to. Lowell is a beast. I am just speculating of course. Trading manny so we could go get Arod would be the only way I would be at least comfortable seeing Manny go.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #36 on: October 09, 2007, 11:12:46 AM »
Why are we talking about this ???
IT'S FOOTBALL SEASON!!!!!!!

How about that Plaxico Burress,all those touchdowns on a bum ankle :o

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #37 on: October 09, 2007, 11:37:36 AM »
For anyone that didn't hear the pure comedic gold that was Suzyn Waldman's post game piece here it is, the funniest part is the words of wisdom that came from Sterling.  ;D

http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=dfg09k&s=2

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #38 on: October 09, 2007, 08:54:57 PM »

End of game , period.
are u high....this isn't playstation fantasy baseball edition.

body88

« Reply #39 on: October 10, 2007, 04:41:28 AM »
are u high....this isn't playstation fantasy baseball edition.

Actually it is. I was ob joking around. Of course I dont think both Mo and Arod will go to the sox. Just Arod  ;D

Arod to third, Ellsbury to left, trade Manny. One can only wish it was Arod to short (get rid of lugo) Lowell @ third, Ellsbury to left and then trade Manny.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #40 on: October 10, 2007, 08:02:54 PM »
Actually it is. I was ob joking around. Of course I dont think both Mo and Arod will go to the sox. Just Arod  ;D

Arod to third, Ellsbury to left, trade Manny. One can only wish it was Arod to short (get rid of lugo) Lowell @ third, Ellsbury to left and then trade Manny.

boston fans have learned to love manny,not going to be easier getting rid of him,he's aloof and dog's it but what a bat......lowell numbers will tail off like variteks has when he hit the jackpot and slapped that "c" on his jersey.the 2nd baseman is good,and ellsbury has good potential,drew,lugo.schilling,take a hike.boston is turning into ss paradise,,,,hanley ramirez that's gotta hurt ;D,but beckett was spot on this yr...see yankee fans can be civil too.......

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #41 on: October 11, 2007, 09:15:52 AM »
Mod's,please delete all baseball threads it's FOOTBALL season. >:(

body88

« Reply #42 on: October 11, 2007, 11:43:27 AM »
Mod's,please delete all baseball threads it's FOOTBALL season. >:(

Remember when all you fine gents where telling us the sox where making excuses for resting players when they where hurt. Which seemed to work out pretty good in the first round I must say. Schill was done. Sox where getting the wild card. They would blow a huge lead and concede to the mighty nyy. The yankees where red hot then! Sox win the division, finish up with the best record in the majors, and sweep then sweep the Halo's the first round. The Yankees?? Wellllllllllllllllllllll llllll?!

To top it all off Arod is going to break the all time HR record as a Sox player  :o

Just messing with ya. I was hoping the yankees would win there series. I never counted them out nor gloated past a reasonable level. Now I can a little. Just a little  ;)