Author Topic: Markus Ruhl official retirement  (Read 17948 times)

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
Re: Markus Ruhl official retirement
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2007, 12:32:58 AM »
oil or not he looked way better than the fridge. i never buy flex magazine again.

The_Iron_Disciple

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team New Dad
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2007, 12:40:04 AM »
As one of Ruhl's Fans I'm VERY SAD to see him leave ... I wish him all the best in his future endeavors !  :'(

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2007, 02:45:20 AM »
Craziest pic ever, even if people think it is shopped or stretched in some way.

Its a shame Ruhl had to end his career on somewhat of a sour note. He always did get fucked over when it came to his placings. It just would have been cool to see Ruhl go out on a happier note.
No doubt about it...

Monster81

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2007, 04:17:06 AM »
2007 is the worst year in bodybuilding

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2007, 05:51:07 AM »
Now, where these elements seem to be apparently no more in this extent on the professional stages desired, the championships seem to me more like dehydrogenation matches instead of classical bodybuilding. This is a section, which I can serve independently of my chest Handycap neither nor would like.

right on Markus!,,,dehydrongentaion = brink of death conditioning.

You fans have to stop craving striaged glutes, what are you a bunch of gays. Your are all ruining the sport and endagering our athletes. Its all the fans and magazine editors fault.

bizzy

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2007, 06:05:07 AM »
I don't know if he reads these boards or not but I
think he beat Jay and Ronnie at one of those grand prixs
after the Olympia last year; not sure which one but he looked
better on the vids and pics...although I wasn't there I'm sure there
are many there who felt the same way.

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2007, 06:22:45 AM »
im not suprised that ruhl retires. as he says the problem with his chest looks bad and he has had a hard time coming in really ripped also his physqiue has become more and more lumpy.

that being said: when ruhl was at his best from late 90s to 2002-2003 he was better than jay cutler ever has been or will be!

the fact that cutler was given the mr o has destroyed alot for bodybuilding. it is one of the worst decisions in bodybuilding history.

as for ruhls questions if his physique should be 15 placings lower than cutlers...the answer is no, but bodybuilding is just too subjective. at this mr o the guys who were out of top 8 could have basically placed anywere 8-24. ( few should have been in top 8)..the differences are so small and some guys have so different phsysiques its almost impossible to compare (with a few exceptions).

take a guy like shelestov..in my opinion he could have been top 10.

the mr o is about who you are not how you look. jay wasnt even top 4. ronnie wasnt in top 8.

this extreme subjectivity and rigged contests together make bodybuilding competitions very uninteresting as far as placings go. they can work as a good scene for people to show their physique but the placings are in many cases just based on who you are and thus irrelevant

the mr o 2007 has failed to name the best bodybuilder in the world this year.

the whole RESULST LIST at this mr olympia (2007) is NOT VALID.

;D

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2007, 06:25:53 AM »
I don't know if he reads these boards or not but I
think he beat Jay and Ronnie at one of those grand prixs
after the Olympia last year; not sure which one but he looked
better on the vids and pics...although I wasn't there I'm sure there
are many there who felt the same way.

ohh yes and he should have beaten jay on many occasions.

bb needs weight classes or height classes.

some physiques are just too different to judge.

but in the jay vs ruhl case. up until 2003 or so ruhl was the better bodybuilder.

ruhl looks like shit these days, so does cutler. and 80% of the competitors on stage at the various IFBB competitions this year have looked like shit.

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: October 09, 2007, 06:26:57 AM »
Exactly, i wonder if they can explain to us why jay cutler is a better bodybuilder then a guy like rockell. im afraid they cant.

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: October 09, 2007, 06:30:20 AM »
Exactly, i wonder if they can explain to us why jay cutler is a better bodybuilder then a guy like rockell. im afraid they cant.
both shelestov and rockel should have placed higher than cutler.

for some it sounds extremely shocking...but these are people that have gotten so caught up in the hype and name game.

i remember shelestov should have beaten cutler at some show (was it last year? or earlier than that?) when he came third behind ronnie and gutler.

GUTLER should retire to save some of his dignity.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #35 on: October 09, 2007, 06:33:55 AM »
Jay Cutler just looks like shit.  That painfull look in his face confirms he was fighting some sort of site infection.  He does deserve some credit for fighting through that pain.  Even when announced the winner he was spent and couldn't even celebrate.

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: October 09, 2007, 06:42:26 AM »
Jay Cutler just looks like shit.  That painfull look in his face confirms he was fighting some sort of site infection.  He does deserve some credit for fighting through that pain.  Even when announced the winner he was spent and couldn't even celebrate.

id say his non celebrating is because he knew he didnt win the competition and because he has turned himself into a machine. he has slowly over the years killed his emotions and become a machine. eat for function, train sleep. he has taken it to an extreme....he has no personality. thus when he smiles its often mostly fake. no soul. no personality.

a question for those who have watched a comedy with jay: did he really laugh at any jokes? i mean really laugh and not just a fake smile?

8)

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: October 09, 2007, 06:51:06 AM »
That 2002 NOC picture is the craziest I've ever seen, is his prime Ruhl was a beast but injuries always seemed to derail his career, I agree with the statement that Jay has become almost like a robot, he was never the most charismatic guy but it's gotten worse over the last few years, he seems like a nice guy, but i think the "sport'" could really use someone with a good personality as Mr.O, imagine a Mr.O with a personality like Chick, BB would definitely grow because of that IMO.

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: October 09, 2007, 06:54:41 AM »
That 2002 NOC picture is the craziest I've ever seen, is his prime Ruhl was a beast but injuries always seemed to derail his career, I agree with the statement that Jay has become almost like a robot, he was never the most charismatic guy but it's gotten worse over the last few years, he seems like a nice guy, but i think the "sport'" could really use someone with a good personality as Mr.O, imagine a Mr.O with a personality like Chick, BB would definitely grow because of that IMO.

and someone with an "athletic" healthy looking physique like gunther.

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: October 09, 2007, 06:57:11 AM »
and someone with an "athletic" healthy looking physique like gunther.

yeah if your gonna rig a competition and only view the mr o as part of a marketing strategy atleast pick someone with a personality.

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
  • School of Hard knocks Gym
« Reply #40 on: October 09, 2007, 07:10:31 AM »
2007 is the worst year in bodybuilding

well, not really. the Arnorld classic was great, but you can give this year's olympia a big fcuking thumbs down.
Get Big, or Die Trying

dragonheart

• Getbig III
« Reply #41 on: October 09, 2007, 08:39:00 AM »
ive never seen such unanimous opinions on getbig.  most people who generally argue will agree that cutler = shit.

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #42 on: October 09, 2007, 03:01:15 PM »
Sadly, for each Ruhl who's had enough of the absurdities and retired, there are five suckers dying to take his place.

Ruhl certainly deserved better over his career. Hopefully, he made some money and saved enough to start something new.
BigNationRadio.com

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #43 on: October 09, 2007, 03:49:46 PM »
right on Markus!,,,dehydrongentaion = brink of death conditioning.

You fans have to stop craving striaged glutes, what are you a bunch of gays. Your are all ruining the sport and endagering our athletes. Its all the fans and magazine editors fault.
exactly bbing has become a conditioning contest(except they make an exception for THE FRIDGE ::)).

who knows when we will see another as unique and awesome as Markus Ruhl :-\

Samourai Pizzacat

• Getbig IV
  • Meeoow!!
« Reply #44 on: October 09, 2007, 04:24:19 PM »
Sad to see him leavebut his reason's are very valid, likeable and distinctive guy.

WEAPONX

• Getbig II
« Reply #45 on: October 09, 2007, 05:04:31 PM »
  Since Markus and Jay back in 2001 both got caught with diuretics in their systems (I believe) when tested during prejudging for the Olympia. Jay took or almost took legal action, Jays placings went up up and right to the top while Markus went down down down. Not sure if Markus was on-board with this(legal action) or not but if not maybe he should have been !!!

Maybe, just maybe the IFBB had a can of worms they really didn't want opened.

Just a thought.

X