Author Topic: Levrone Winning the '94 Arnold Classic  (Read 4164 times)

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
Re: Levrone Winning the '94 Arnold Classic
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2007, 06:00:49 AM »
he was awesome but he was narrow and his back wasn't very good compared to the top pros.
stop with the constant his back wasnt good talk:...first of all back isnt the only muscle in the body..and he brought up his back...so it was very wide and big...but not as detailed as yates for example.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2007, 07:46:46 AM »
stop with the constant his back wasnt good talk:...first of all back isnt the only muscle in the body..and he brought up his back...so it was very wide and big...but not as detailed as yates for example.

it's the truth so i'm always gonna bring it up, plus Levrone was as narrow as the day is long.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2007, 07:56:26 AM »
Levrone had a great physique, but going up against Dorian when they turned around he blew away the field, all the Mr. Olympias since Haney have had incredible backs, Cutler overtook Ronnie once his back  improved.  Kevin was a great BB, but his back was a reason he never won the O IMO, his back wasn't a weak point but it wasn't a strong point either if that makes sense.

Wanocki

• Getbig II
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2007, 08:02:21 AM »
this is narrow ???

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2007, 08:03:30 AM »
this is narrow ???

yes compared to the top guys he was competing against like Ronnie, Jay, Nasser, Dorian, Dillett, etc.

warchild

• Getbig III
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2007, 09:03:45 AM »
Another outstanding observation from Captain Fatbody   ;D

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2007, 09:18:45 AM »
Oh brother.   

phyxsius

• Getbig V
  • Mini Getbigger
« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2007, 02:34:06 PM »
this is narrow ???

that is the best most muscular bodybuilding can get
I am a mini beast

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2007, 03:31:04 PM »
it's the truth so i'm always gonna bring it up, plus Levrone was as narrow as the day is long.

levrones back was plenty big after he brought it up.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2007, 03:59:08 PM »

You're right Kevin did bring his back up ! it wasn't as good as Yates but it was perhaps almost as wide

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #35 on: October 10, 2007, 07:48:19 PM »
those shots of leverone with shaved head was his absolute biggest,he turned it up on all counts.must have good genetics to certain sides cause all his hair grew back and shaving it made a bigger illussion.he was stacked and legs were too,must have been running it all to hang with yates that yr 96/97,then he scaled back 99 on to more streamlined look for him...

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: October 11, 2007, 04:40:15 AM »
You're right Kevin did bring his back up ! it wasn't as good as Yates but it was perhaps almost as wide

exactly, not saying it was as good as yates but levrones back was certainly worldclass (after he improved it)

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
« Reply #37 on: October 11, 2007, 05:17:35 AM »
top 6 at that show were awsome...better than most pro's today, just great. 

Levrone sacrificed some size for the ultra shredded look he showed here, look at the 96 Arnold to see a HUGE version of Kevin, he also worked hard to bring up his back and in 96 especially he made alot of improvements.  There was a big stink after this show about Vince Taylor not winning if I remember right, Vince was bigger than before but Kevin was in great shape here.  Aaron Baker looks pretty damn good as well, easily the most screwed BB of the last 15 years or so.  Porter Cottrel looks good....man, I wish BB would go back to this style.
nasser=piece of shit

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: October 11, 2007, 05:25:32 AM »
top 6 at that show were awsome...better than most pro's today, just great. 

Levrone sacrificed some size for the ultra shredded look he showed here, look at the 96 Arnold to see a HUGE version of Kevin, he also worked hard to bring up his back and in 96 especially he made alot of improvements.  There was a big stink after this show about Vince Taylor not winning if I remember right, Vince was bigger than before but Kevin was in great shape here.  Aaron Baker looks pretty damn good as well, easily the most screwed BB of the last 15 years or so.  Porter Cottrel looks good....man, I wish BB would go back to this style.

yeah you had some amazing bodybuilders back then...i think vince looked his all time best at that competition (not 100% sure tho)

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
« Reply #39 on: October 11, 2007, 05:31:25 AM »
yeah you had some amazing bodybuilders back then...i think vince looked his all time best at that competition (not 100% sure tho)

Vince looked great in 92, the year before Flex hit the scene, he placed 3rd at the 91 Olympia and then basically won everything in site the following year, Ironman, Arnold...a bunch of Grand Prix's...he blew it at the olympia though.  He was bigger here but I don't think he was as detailed..I could be wrong.  Arms are incredible, prolly top 5 over the last 15 years.
nasser=piece of shit

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: October 11, 2007, 05:35:52 AM »
Vince looked great in 92, the year before Flex hit the scene, he placed 3rd at the 91 Olympia and then basically won everything in site the following year, Ironman, Arnold...a bunch of Grand Prix's...he blew it at the olympia though.  He was bigger here but I don't think he was as detailed..I could be wrong.  Arms are incredible, prolly top 5 over the last 15 years.

vince was amazing, no doubt about it! i think only ronnie has won more IFBB pro shows?

edit: i forgot...levrone has won 12-13 competitions too.