Author Topic: Help please - pectoralis major rupture  (Read 3147 times)

tizertree

• Getbig I
Help please - pectoralis major rupture
« on: December 31, 2007, 07:12:23 PM »
Hello all.
Im new here and am looking forward to gaining more knowledge.
This first post concerns myself, when i was benching i felt and heard a rip, tearing in my chest and bicep.
i immediately used hot and cold therapy on the damaged area, which i have come to believe is a pectoralis
 major rupture. this happened 8 weeks ago, i have not trained since i was going to start tomorrow, the tendon is still prominent, my question was has anyone else suffered this type of injury, and what is the recovery period without surgery, i work as a plasterer so i am using my arm daily, even though im not training. any help would be greatly appreciated.
 thanyou,
               tizertree

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
Re: Help please - pectoralis major rupture
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2007, 07:15:51 PM »
Hello all.
Im new here and am looking forward to gaining more knowledge.
This first post concerns myself, when i was benching i felt and heard a rip, tearing in my chest and bicep.
i immediately used hot and cold therapy on the damaged area, which i have come to believe is a pectoralis
 major rupture. this happened 8 weeks ago, i have not trained since i was going to start tomorrow, the tendon is still prominent, my question was has anyone else suffered this type of injury, and what is the recovery period without surgery, i work as a plasterer so i am using my arm daily, even though im not training. any help would be greatly appreciated.
 thanyou,
               tizertree

There is a very special thing you can do that might save you time, energy and money:

Go to the bloody doctor!
I hate the State.

mitchyboy

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2008, 06:22:11 PM »
If I read corrctly, the tendon still prominent means it is torn right off. Should have done a little more research before trying to set world records in the flat bench ::)

DOCTOR NOW!!!!!!!

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2008, 05:45:40 PM »
There is a very special thing you can do that might save you time, energy and money:

Go to the bloody doctor!
No shit. What is the problem that you have not had this checked out?  ???

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2008, 08:33:29 PM »
If the area bruised then you tore it.   If it didnt bruise then its likely a tear in the ligament.  If you tore it then it would be to painful to use at work.

Either way you better have it looked at by a doc.

tizertree

• Getbig I
Re: Help please - pectoralis major rupture - update
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2008, 07:46:26 AM »
Went to physio, last night, Ive been told i tore the muscle, big time, but it didn't completely tear off from the tendon, which is good news, Ive been out for 8 weeks, he told me to rest it for another 4 to 6 weeks, the gradually start training extremely light then build it up.