Author Topic: Honour's Log "Back in the gym"  (Read 38209 times)

Get Rowdy

• Getbig IV
Re: Honour's Log "Back in the gym"
« Reply #100 on: September 19, 2007, 03:44:38 AM »
LOL at the old guy!  ;D

I'm jealous, your chest looks a fuckload better than mine.  I can't do any true pressing and I guess my chest development reflects that  :-[

Looking lean man, I wouldn't say ya need to cut "a ton" of fat.   But i do agree about the tan  :D

Honour

• Getbig IV
  • She's with me!
« Reply #101 on: September 19, 2007, 05:27:58 AM »
LOL at the old guy!  ;D

I'm jealous, your chest looks a fuckload better than mine.  I can't do any true pressing and I guess my chest development reflects that  :-[

Looking lean man, I wouldn't say ya need to cut "a ton" of fat.   But i do agree about the tan  :D

Cheers mate ;D.

Honour

• Getbig IV
  • She's with me!
« Reply #102 on: September 23, 2007, 03:10:33 AM »
Diet is going ok, keeping carbs quite low and dropping the amount I'm taking in all around. Trying to keep water intake high as well but i normaly do that anyway. Trying to follow a similar style that Jrod uses, but not as hardcore as I'm a bit of a weak shit ;D.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #103 on: September 23, 2007, 09:26:42 AM »
we know you're a weak shit..we've seen the haircut! keep the beanie on! LMAO I'M KIDDING MAN! You think you'll be dialed in and ready for the MGB!!?!

Honour

• Getbig IV
  • She's with me!
« Reply #104 on: September 23, 2007, 04:35:10 PM »
we know you're a weak shit..we've seen the haircut! keep the beanie on! LMAO I'M KIDDING MAN!

Hey :o, Wtf are you talking about, my hair is like a chick magnet......my mom told me so ;D ;D ;D

Yeah I won't be ripped in the sense of the word but I should look ok, my Bi's are my real problem though I think. It's funny they used to be my strong point now they are one of my weakest :-\. I do look a bit like a swimmer i guess but I can hope they look at my shape etc as a plus and not just say "look at the skinny guy" ;D.

All up i have to say I am learning quite a bit about diet and stuff though, so whatever the outcome I am taking some knowledge away from it.....oh and I get some "special" stars ;D.

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #105 on: September 23, 2007, 05:04:02 PM »
Honour - If I did not have to be impartial I would give you a compliment ;D

Definitely get tanned for the contest. You will be dramatically surprised the huge difference it makes to the appearence of cuts/leaness etc. Not sure what they have there in Oz, but get yourself a stage specific tanning product - Protan, JanTana etc. A few layers of that and it really makes a difference....

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #106 on: September 23, 2007, 05:33:13 PM »
Are you natural?

Pretty impressive in either case, chest is looking very good!  8)
follow the arrows

Honour

• Getbig IV
  • She's with me!
« Reply #107 on: September 23, 2007, 07:11:20 PM »
Honour - If I did not have to be impartial I would give you a compliment ;D

Definitely get tanned for the contest. You will be dramatically surprised the huge difference it makes to the appearence of cuts/leaness etc. Not sure what they have there in Oz, but get yourself a stage specific tanning product - Protan, JanTana etc. A few layers of that and it really makes a difference....

Thanks CQ I appreciate it :). Yeah tbh I cant even find any Posing trunks :o so I'm not sure what I'm going to wear in my pics. There is a Tanning salon with that spray on stuff a few stores down from where my office is so I'm thinking of going in there on the weekend and getting a dark spray and see how it goes. Thanks again  :).

Honour

• Getbig IV
  • She's with me!
« Reply #108 on: September 23, 2007, 07:20:10 PM »
Are you natural?

Pretty impressive in either case, chest is looking very good!  8)

Dude I'm so natural it's not funny lol. Lifetime Natural, but I love it that you even asked ;D

And thanks for the compliment mate, only been back at gym for about 5-6 months now but I eat quite well and I think that helps a ton. I'm 32 now but I think back to when I was younger If i had ate good food instead of junk and not been out every night for years I could have been so much better ;D.

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #109 on: September 24, 2007, 06:40:02 AM »
Thanks CQ I appreciate it :). Yeah tbh I cant even find any Posing trunks :o so I'm not sure what I'm going to wear in my pics. There is a Tanning salon with that spray on stuff a few stores down from where my office is so I'm thinking of going in there on the weekend and getting a dark spray and see how it goes. Thanks again  :).

Honour, the spray tan thing is "ok" and makes a good base - but it isn't like the best ever. Not to rant on but I would not even dream of competing without proper stage tan - and I am a step ahead as I got that god given 'tan' ;D

Although the spray tan is definitely better than nothing and does help, it makes a GREAT base for stage tan basically sets you up for the 'perfect' color....nothing works like the real deal. If you can't find posing trunks/tan try pm'ing BiggerBusiness and/or TheMessiahofMuscle and see if they can point you in the right direction. Both in your area, cool guys and have been in this 'game' for a long time......

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #110 on: September 24, 2007, 02:25:18 PM »
Dude I'm so natural it's not funny lol. Lifetime Natural, but I love it that you even asked ;D

And thanks for the compliment mate, only been back at gym for about 5-6 months now but I eat quite well and I think that helps a ton. I'm 32 now but I think back to when I was younger If i had ate good food instead of junk and not been out every night for years I could have been so much better ;D.
You did a good job with your physique  :) Are you from the US? Also, I wanted to know if you could let me post some pics from this thread over on the pictures forum (or gossip forum). I wanna make a thread about all the contestants involved, since I was curious to see their progress myself I thought it'd be cool for everyone to be upto date and aware about the contest.
follow the arrows

Honour

• Getbig IV
  • She's with me!
« Reply #111 on: September 24, 2007, 04:13:35 PM »
You did a good job with your physique  :) Are you from the US? Also, I wanted to know if you could let me post some pics from this thread over on the pictures forum (or gossip forum). I wanna make a thread about all the contestants involved, since I was curious to see their progress myself I thought it'd be cool for everyone to be upto date and aware about the contest.

Oh I live in Melbourne Australia mate where as you can see by my tan we get sun 3 days a year ;D. If you would like to put up my pic I guess thats cool mate, just put one up though, I don't want to turn into sevastase or something ;D. And thanks again for the kind words :).

Honour

• Getbig IV
  • She's with me!
« Reply #112 on: September 24, 2007, 04:20:14 PM »
Honour, the spray tan thing is "ok" and makes a good base - but it isn't like the best ever. Not to rant on Although the spray tan is definitely better than nothing and does help, it makes a GREAT base for stage tan basically sets you up for the 'perfect' color....nothing works like the real deal.

Thanks for the tips CQ I know you are trying to help and I fully appreciate it 8). I just have never hung in the competition world so to speak so I just don't know where to get this kind of stuff. I guess I figured I was going to get wasted in this comp so I didn't want to go all out if I was in 20th place ;D. But I guess if we only get 10 entrants....that gets me a top 10 place :D!!!

If you can't find posing trunks/tan try pm'ing BiggerBusiness and/or TheMessiahofMuscle and see if they can point you in the right direction. Both in your area, cool guys and have been in this 'game' for a long time......

Doing that now, and thanks again :).

Honour

• Getbig IV
  • She's with me!
« Reply #113 on: September 26, 2007, 04:56:43 AM »
Light Back workout today, energy seems to be really low, cant wait till next week to start eating again. Am hoping to make some good gains in the first month back and put some bulk back on. Thing is I am not craving junk food or anything like that, just tons of healthy food :).

Honour

• Getbig IV
  • She's with me!
« Reply #114 on: October 02, 2007, 08:36:51 PM »
Well I finished doing my pics on Sunday for the MrGetBig. I would say they turned out...ok....not as good as I hoped for as tbh I think I messed up the final few days trying to get extra cut. Just felt really flat and I think it shows in my pics.

I tried to cut out the water etc and i just think I may have cut down too much as I really feel I looked better with more water in my body. I was drinking over 3 or so Gallons a day and pissing it out constantly, and i seemed to look quite sharp. Then I went to like 1/3 of a gallon or a bit less on my last day hoping to wake up extra cut...but I more woke up feeling dry and flat.

The other thing was with taking my pics, I was trying to get some sunlight and it was one of those days with 5 mins of sun followed by 20 min of rain and so on so forth (anyone that lives in Melbourne Australia will know exactly what i mean ;D), next time I will take them indoors so I can spend more time doing it. As it was I only got like 1 shot for some of my poses, just really stupid after all the work I put in with diet etc :-\.

All in all it was a learning Experience and I have taken away a ton from it. I will be doing the comp again next year and wanting to have a shot at top spot. With a full year of Bulking instead of 3 months I should be able to do some damage id say......Cant wait :).

And Oh man it is feeling good to be eating again ;D ;D ;D

Honour

• Getbig IV
  • She's with me!
« Reply #115 on: October 18, 2007, 06:39:11 PM »
Haven't posted in my thread for a while, but am getting right back into heavy lifting (heavy for me anyway ;D) Feels great with all the added carbs into the system, I'm not going overboard but just moved to something like 40%carbs 45%Protein 15%fat. Seems to feel quite good atm.

Man I'm really going hard on the wheels too, going to take a while but legs are my favorite day atm, love it ;D.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #116 on: October 19, 2007, 08:10:17 PM »
HAHAHA i was wondering when you were going to quit blowing that cash and come back to smallville with the rest of us! Heavy training huh? So you're actually going to pick up something heavier than waht my 3 year old niece can work with!?!  :P ;D  You know I'm just fuckign with you man. It's good to be back in the gym I bet. ..

Honour

• Getbig IV
  • She's with me!
« Reply #117 on: October 19, 2007, 09:34:17 PM »
Hahaha yeah i know  ;D, got up to 3 plates on my squats for 8 reps there last workout, thats like a record for me ;), i think thats like nearly 140kg odd. I'm pretty happy with that tbh but I just need to keep working at it as slowly but surely it's going up and all with good form..... :)

Honour

• Getbig IV
  • She's with me!
« Reply #118 on: November 19, 2007, 11:22:31 PM »
Been real slack on the log here ;D.

Anyway up to 3 and a bit plates on the Squats for 15 reps now for 3 sets, bout 145kg i think, going to have to up the weight again a little. starting to see some signs of growth in the legs. Oh this is where i was a month ago.......
got up to 3 plates on my squats for 8 reps there last workout, thats like a record for me ;)

Gotta say Legs is by far my favorite day atm, im pushing it real hard too, had to take a 10 min break before i drove home yesterday as i nearly passed out and threw up lol.....felt shit at the time and my mate said i looked real pale and shit lol ;D but damn i felt great about it afterwards.....fuck i'm loving the squat rack!!!! 8)

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #119 on: November 20, 2007, 07:52:52 AM »
bout time you get back in teh gym! HAHA 

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #120 on: November 20, 2007, 07:56:31 AM »
Been real slack on the log here ;D.

Anyway up to 3 and a bit plates on the Squats for 15 reps now for 3 sets, bout 145kg i think, going to have to up the weight again a little. starting to see some signs of growth in the legs. Oh this is where i was a month ago.......
 Gotta say Legs is by far my favorite day atm, im pushing it real hard too, had to take a 10 min break before i drove home yesterday as i nearly passed out and threw up lol.....felt shit at the time and my mate said i looked real pale and shit lol ;D but damn i felt great about it afterwards.....fuck i'm loving the squat rack!!!! 8)

Where are your black stars?
E

Honour

• Getbig IV
  • She's with me!
« Reply #121 on: November 20, 2007, 06:41:16 PM »
bout time you get back in teh gym! HAHA 

haha yeah mate i been workingout hard, just been busy at work and real slack on my log, its all good tho bro ;D.

Where are your black stars?

Yeah i don't know, RON sent me a pm a while back saying he was on it, but haven't heard since, meh no biggie ;).

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #122 on: November 21, 2007, 04:13:14 PM »
hahah man i understand..it's no biggie. You blow all that hard earned cash already for the kiddies?! HAHA so what's your plan for next year? Try to put on some size?!

Honour

• Getbig IV
  • She's with me!
« Reply #123 on: November 21, 2007, 04:20:09 PM »
Nah man i still havn't got the cash, takes like a month for a check to clear from the USA to here, pain in the ass :P.

Yeah gona see if i can add some BEEEEF babieeee. Gona keep eating clean but just try to up the amount and see how i go, feels great tbh, getting a lot of strengh back and I love it :).

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #124 on: November 21, 2007, 04:28:50 PM »
Nah man i still havn't got the cash, takes like a month for a check to clear from the USA to here, pain in the ass :P.

Yeah gona see if i can add some BEEEEF babieeee. Gona keep eating clean but just try to up the amount and see how i go, feels great tbh, getting a lot of strengh back and I love it :).

yeah man just make sure you still can see some abs year round while putting on some size and you'll look MEAN! Maybe if you started squatting like me yhou'd get some nice wheels on that bad ride you're sportin! HAHA

seriously though man you better bring that shit next year! And why does it take so logn for your checks to cash in oz? WTF is that about?!