Author Topic: How much better are guys today?  (Read 9028 times)

bmuscle90

• Getbig II
Re: How much better are guys today?
« Reply #100 on: October 13, 2007, 02:14:35 PM »
Most bodybuilders today are filled and loaded with drugs.  Big guts and deformed shoulders,arms,chest,ect.. ruin modern day bodybuilding.  Back when Arnold was competing.. most bodybuilders were 180-230lbs.  Today guys are 260-300lbs contest.  Loading yourself up with garbage doesn't make you a better bodybuilder.  Arnold is in his 50s-60s and doesn't even have a big gut or messed up arms like some of these pros today. I would pick Arnold anyday over Jay or Ronnie.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #101 on: October 13, 2007, 02:44:00 PM »
I agree that the old generation looked better but you have to realize that they were doing mostly oral steroids, thats why they look so big and full and had short careers.

The guys today do more injectables but less orals so their careers last longer.

You cant look as good as the old school guys without doing orals.
Come on now, don't tell me the guys of today don't touch orals. And were their careers really shorter due to this, or even shorter at all? I don't think so.

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #102 on: October 13, 2007, 02:44:42 PM »
Come on now, don't tell me the guys of today don't touch orals.

ROFL  Doing orals doesn't even constitute being "on" anymore, and it's getting harder and harder to even find a pill that doesn't contain at least 25mg's in it...   

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Honey Badger cuz he don't Care.
« Reply #103 on: October 13, 2007, 02:50:25 PM »
ROFL  Doing orals doesn't even constitute being "on" anymore, and it's getting harder and harder to even find a pill that doesn't contain at least 25mg's in it...   

Shit, it's hard to find anything where I'm at...

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #104 on: October 13, 2007, 02:50:56 PM »
Who read Paris' book? Kind of interesting how Paris paid a huge amount of money to get a tiny amount of growth hormone, when not much was known about the muscle building potential of the compound or the potential side effects. Kind of illustrates the bodybuilders mindset. Had he been competing today he would have been slamming slin like the rest of them.