Author Topic: Overcoming all odds to compete  (Read 103520 times)

roeperson

• Getbig II
Re: Overcoming all odds to compete
« Reply #50 on: November 05, 2007, 06:56:22 AM »
 :)Hey Guys we have great news after all the hard work and a long 8 months Lisa has accomplished her goal. She place top 2 this week which qualifies her for A Nationol Level Show she has 7 to choose from in 08 And as of now her and her sisinlaw are talking about doing Nationals together.Lisa we are so proud of you. And thank you people on this board for all the encouragement you guys are great.

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: November 05, 2007, 07:17:46 AM »
:)Hey Guys we have great news after all the hard work and a long 8 months Lisa has accomplished her goal. She place top 2 this week which qualifies her for A Nationol Level Show she has 7 to choose from in 08 And as of now her and her sisinlaw are talking about doing Nationals together.
Lisa we are so proud of you. And thank you people on this board for all the encouragement you guys are great.

Woohooo!   Lisa Rocks!!!!!!!!!
:D Weee

JediKnight

• Getbig IV
« Reply #52 on: November 05, 2007, 11:48:36 AM »
She looks like she made some really good improvements. Her lines look alot sharper. Nice job. Now you got the real shows coming up. Good luck. Is she figure? Age group? Please tell me she is not figure,,she looks more like fitness..but honestly i would say she should try for a LW bodybuilder. She is really muscular. Her abs could be a little bit tighter also.  WHo is that chick standing next to her in the 2 piece, she is really hot.

roeperson

• Getbig II
« Reply #53 on: November 05, 2007, 09:24:37 PM »
She looks like she made some really good improvements. Her lines look alot sharper. Nice job. Now you got the real shows coming up. Good luck. Is she figure? Age group? Please tell me she is not figure,,she looks more like fitness..but honestly i would say she should try for a LW bodybuilder. She is really muscular. Her abs could be a little bit tighter also.  WHo is that chick standing next to her in the 2 piece, she is really hot.

She is a figure competitor she can barely touch her toes there is no way she could do fitness.
She just doesnt want to bb Figure has opened doors for her (MHP picked her up to be a face of one of there new energy supplements she will be in 7 or more national magazines and a commercial)so she wants to stay. with it as for the abs maybe the pics werent good enough here is her abs last week

8)

JediKnight

• Getbig IV
« Reply #54 on: November 06, 2007, 06:13:04 AM »
In my opinion, she doesn't look "figure". she looks fitness. Her legs are to muscular. But good luck anyway. Look at figure competitors, they dont have as much muscle. She is really muscular.

roeperson

• Getbig II
« Reply #55 on: November 06, 2007, 08:13:12 AM »
In my opinion, she doesn't look "figure". she looks fitness. Her legs are to muscular. But good luck anyway. Look at figure competitors, they dont have as much muscle. She is really muscular.
Here is a pic of top level figure Pro and Lisa  as you get to the national level the girls are much more muscular. Man she is very comparable I didnt even realize that until you made me do that Jedi. I wish she could do fitness she doesnt have that gymnastics background. I respect the ISH out of them girls.
So Jedi what are your goals are you a bodybuilder? YOu seem to be knowlegeable about the sport.

JediKnight

• Getbig IV
« Reply #56 on: November 06, 2007, 10:55:36 AM »

roeperson

• Getbig II
« Reply #57 on: November 06, 2007, 01:09:56 PM »
This is Gina #2 at the O she is jacked and Monica looks pretty jacked in the last pic man

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: November 06, 2007, 01:50:27 PM »
This is Gina #2 at the O she is jacked and Monica looks pretty jacked in the last pic man

Yup, but that's Olympia level.  Lisa is going to do great!  Don't let her change a thing, but tell her to always keep her eyes open.  With her legs, she can easily flex and make them hard, or relax a bit to make them look soft.

I wish her the best!!!  She rocks!!!

roeperson

• Getbig II
« Reply #59 on: November 06, 2007, 08:33:54 PM »
Hey guys I just made this video for Youtube check it out Lisas Tranformation video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhIfySS0EE0

roeperson

• Getbig II
« Reply #60 on: November 07, 2007, 04:59:15 AM »
Hey Roe,,Nice to see your looking out for you SHAWTY.

I'm like you, I can't stand to see my Shawtys Treated Bad.

I Beat His Ass For My Shawty.

And We Ain't Did Nothin That We Aint Supposed To Do.

You tell her,,Babygirl You know I be Home,Keep me on the Ringtone
LMAO

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: November 09, 2007, 12:42:19 PM »
:)Hey Lisa did it from 176 to 117 in 7 months Lisa made her first show and kicked but so proud of her.
Not only did she make it her first show she was picked up by a major Nutrition company to do a two page add in Oxygen, Fitness RX, O.K. and so on.

Wow that is great!

She looks fantastic :)
R

roeperson

• Getbig II
« Reply #63 on: November 12, 2007, 07:59:07 AM »
Wow that is great!

She looks fantastic :)
Hey thanks so much Guys
We got the News That Lisa's MHP Add  which is 2 pages long and is about her entire fitness life. Well it is almost done should be on shelves of Fitness RX, Oxygen, Intouch,Life and style,Looking Good now,Mira,O.K.Magzine  and Get Active

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: November 12, 2007, 08:23:40 AM »
Hey thanks so much Guys
We got the News That Lisa's MHP Add  which is 2 pages long and is about her entire fitness life. Well it is almost done should be on shelves of Fitness RX, Oxygen, Intouch,Life and style,Looking Good now,Mira,O.K.Magzine  and Get Active
Woooohoooo!!!  You rock Lisa!!!

Roe, ya gotta get her online here.   :)

roeperson

• Getbig II
« Reply #65 on: November 14, 2007, 06:01:23 AM »

JediKnight

• Getbig IV
« Reply #66 on: November 17, 2007, 07:22:54 AM »
awesome work :)

roeperson

• Getbig II
« Reply #67 on: December 04, 2007, 08:26:17 AM »

Moosejay

« Reply #68 on: December 29, 2007, 10:22:49 PM »
With a bit more progress and exposure she can go to the top.

NPC official, judge and promoter since 1991,

Mike

Dawn Melanie

• Getbig I
  • "Appreciate the Negative"
« Reply #69 on: March 31, 2008, 04:09:01 PM »
 :)  You two are the BEST!  I mean, Lisa for ALL the work she put into it - and u for being there with her.  As always, you know y'all have my support.  Hope to meet you both real soon...*smile*
~

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
« Reply #70 on: April 23, 2009, 01:27:57 AM »
Lisa = mudshark.
P

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #71 on: April 23, 2009, 07:00:39 AM »
I met Lisa at the North Americans last year, and it was a pleasure.  She looks fantastic, and I am very happy that she has decided to make the switch to BB this year.  That's where she belongs!!!
:)

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: July 22, 2009, 08:21:40 PM »
. Check out these pics and link to this a slide show of Lisa Person. She started training for her first Figure Competition in March at a weight of 170lbs She decided to do it. To get healthy and get rid of all the Baby weight she was carrying from being on bed- rest for 3 months and on top of that having a C-section. After the 2nd baby Lisa was 190 lbs August of “06”
Lisa is now an astonishing 125lbs and has 10 more to lose for her show she went from just wanting to get on stage to becoming a serious contender. There have been a few Newspapers and publications that are talking to her about doing a story on her.
Lisa has been such an inspiration just because she has been through so much in the last 5 years. Lisa has a child that was born 4 months early this child has had over 25 surgeries and procedures almost died on Christmas day “01” to this day we still have nurses in our house for 16 hours a day. This is to ensure Kayla’s health and safety.
During this past 5 years Lisa would train but never consistently work out.
Last Feb Lisa put her foot down and decided if she wanted to lie long and have a productive life she was going to have to lose the weight. The only way she was going to be motivated is if she had to get onstage half naked in front of 1000 people so she decided to do a National qualifier the Gold’s Classic in NJ . As of now Lisa has 10 more lbs to lose and is training like no one I have ever scene train. She does 45 min am cardio goes back to the gym at 4:30 and lifts 188 reps in a row dumbbells at 80% of her max  full body she get 90 sec break back at it  for 2 more times then another 30-45min of cardio. This is a very strong woman so when I say at 80% an example is 35-40 dumbbells doing squatted shoulder presses for 18 reps. I’ve actually scene her do a drop set with 500lbs on the leg press of 40 reps she dropped to 2 plates crazy.
   I just hope you get a chance to check out her progress I believe you will enjoy.
because Lisa is truly an inspiration to many.  We just got news that she may be one of the next transformations of the week winners. And I wont mention any names but a major Nutrition company is interested in putting Lisa in some transformation adds Here is a link to a Youtube before and after slide show of Lisa.

Hey guys I just made this video for Youtube check it out Lisas Tranformation video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhIfySS0EE0

I like the before pic better.   Looked more healthier.
((-::

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #73 on: September 03, 2009, 11:46:23 AM »
Roe, I've been on this site for years and only now just discovered this picture board. I've learned recently that there is life outside the G&O board. Incredible transformation Lisa made. Really amazing and inspiring. Ignore the haters. They're always going to be here on this board. If you saw what kind of shape her critics were in you would just laugh it off. This is GetBig. It's what they do. The ones who train hard and stay in shape know it's not easy and how disciplined you have to be. They're the ones that give props and respect and their the ones who opinion counts.