Author Topic: Too Tall or Too SHort???????????  (Read 2102 times)

Lugar

• Getbig IV
Too Tall or Too SHort???????????
« on: February 01, 2008, 09:53:51 AM »
Guys - would you agree that there is a "perfect" size meaning height that judges look for.....I mean sure you have a few guys squeez by who are under 5'6 and a few over 6'1, but for the most part, the ideal size is around 5'8-5'11...why is that? I always got dung for being too tall to advance...I did well in locals, but to get farther I'd need about 50lbs...

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
Re: Too Tall or Too SHort???????????
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2008, 07:13:20 AM »
Guys - would you agree that there is a "perfect" size meaning height that judges look for.....I mean sure you have a few guys squeez by who are under 5'6 and a few over 6'1, but for the most part, the ideal size is around 5'8-5'11...why is that? I always got dung for being too tall to advance...I did well in locals, but to get farther I'd need about 50lbs...

BB is about proportions.  People always call it symmetry which is the balance from side to side.  But proportion and shape are the first thing you see when you look at someone.  Thats why in a BB comp they pretty much have an idea who the winners are in the first pose, the front relaxed and from the "relaxed poses" they will pick the first call out.

Its more feasible to reach the ideal BB proportions on a shorter frame.  I would say your ideal height range is pretty close.

BigIronMike25

Re: Too Tall or Too SHort???????????
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2008, 08:12:16 AM »
I get criticized a great deal for being a bodybuilder at my height....im 6-3 210lbs in contest shape so its difficult going up against guys who are 5-6 and 210 but look so much larger...but height is something i cant control....so why harp on it, it wont make me 5-9  LOL.....its funny, my whole life being taller has been an advantage in baseball and basketball but now in bodybuilding its a DISADVANTAGE....CRAZINES S....lol