Author Topic: who is the best amateur bodybuilder?  (Read 6595 times)

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
  • I'm too sexy for my shirt!!!
Re: who is the best amateur bodybuilder?
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2007, 05:40:13 PM »
If you are not related to TittyBoy, why were you melting down all over that thread and sending hormone-infused PM's?????

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2007, 05:41:59 PM »
If you are not related to TittyBoy, why were you melting down all over that thread and sending hormone-infused PM's?????

you have some gall calling someone else titty boy.

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2007, 05:46:08 PM »
Al-Gebra, see for yourself. This is the guy in question.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOMMMM.

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2007, 05:49:27 PM »
Al-Gebra, see for yourself. This is the guy in question.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOMMMM.

why would you post something like that? there's enough shit on here as it is.   

HUTCH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • Mr. Arizona 2007
« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2007, 06:14:43 PM »
al auguste and Mark Perry are somewhere at the top but Curry is number one for sure...

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2007, 06:21:27 PM »
Curry would make a very good case of being the best amatuer. I say he won't be an amatuer for much longer

Need forearms to Pull Off Sergio's shot

teamgarcia

• Getbig I
« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2007, 07:55:12 PM »
The Bay Area's (Well Central Valley's)own A.D. Cherry.

dzulboy

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Big hard and turbo charged
« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2007, 08:34:40 PM »
You're not so far from the top yourself, Dzul!

yeah um thanks  but  you saw my ;last placing  right?      yeah i know i was off but even ion pojnt i wouldn;t have broken  top 4

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2007, 09:08:42 PM »
The Bay Area's (Well Central Valley's)own A.D. Cherry.

im goin to have to agree with you there. AD Cherry represents Modesto like no other ~

tony b

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2007, 11:55:37 PM »
Need forearms to Pull Off Sergio's shot

I think even you would agree that he is probably the closest anybody has ever come to pulling it off like Sergio does. This is Lee Priest included. Sergio's forearms don't look that great in the posted photo either, although there were massive.

swilkins1984

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2007, 03:14:26 AM »
Right now I am thinking Evan Centopani is on the crest of becoming a pro at the Nationals. He has brought up his legs which is the only thing that held him back last year and the only thing Desmond Miller had on him. 2nd is tougher, Brandon Curry is right where Evan was last year with the tremendous upper body but smaller quads. If he does the same he will be a pro. I will be very interested to see Trey Brewer dieted down with that extra muscle in the right places.

Charlys69

• Getbig III
« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2007, 04:08:24 AM »
Also outside the US there are some Amateurs you have to watch....

maybe "Alexei Shabunia" from Belarus....(but i heard he earned his Pro Card not so long ago, and it`s planing to hit the Pro Stage in 2008)

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: October 17, 2007, 09:05:05 AM »
yeah um thanks  but  you saw my ;last placing  right?      yeah i know i was off but even ion pojnt i wouldn;t have broken  top 4

I don't know what you meant by "ion pojnt" but I get the gist of your post.

You'll take the time to re-group and come back to next year better than this year :)

fakeblood

• Getbig II
« Reply #38 on: October 17, 2007, 12:24:37 PM »
that curry kid blew up outa no where, i wonder if it was steroids, someone told me he was natural and was going through a modeling angency in new york called silver model. which got him in many threads through muscle and fitness. he needs to keep it up he looked amoung the best at the show, also evan, hes very perportioned now and isnt lagging much at all, also havent seen any g.guts on either of them which is killing the sport. i hope these young guys can keep it up, not abuse the drugs and change bodybuilding back to how it was before people started becoming marsh-mellow looking

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #39 on: October 17, 2007, 06:49:06 PM »
Brandon is phenomenal...unlimited potential IMO. I've watched him grow over the past few years and in particular this past year was the most impressive. Super nice guy to...he has not let the success so far go to his head...he even acts embarrassed if you say anything about seeing him in a mag. Brandon is the epitome of what already phenomenal genetics can produce.

As for Evan, he's right there with him IMO. The difference being, at least I think, is it probably comes a bit easier for Brandon...simply the genetic factor. This is not to imply that Evan has poor genetics...far from it.

BTW, Brandon's training seems really unorthodox IMO. Even so, it works for him and he does do the basic things. Watching him squat is unreal!

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #40 on: October 17, 2007, 07:20:15 PM »
Swili,. Blood, Charlys, Jr., thanks for your educated/intelligent comments on the amateurs you mentioned. As a result of your input I'll be watching the "newcomers" other than Curry and Putnam.

This Shabuia contestant looks as promising to me as Curry and the rest of the top US amaeurs.

Someday maybe one of us can start some sort of a fund that would provide short term accomodations and meals for these up and coming athletes, so that they could dedicate their time to training for an upcoming contest.

Many years back, we made a humble attempt to do just that in the Venice/Santa Monica area but could not generate enough interest/income to make that a reality. Some organization was more proficient at taking the bull by the horns and managed to turn one of the major Santa Monica beachfront hotels into a shelter for drug users or those suffering from drug abuse.

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: October 17, 2007, 07:41:53 PM »
StuntMovie, you want to PAY a guy so he can train, eat, and tan? ??? And you expect others to fork out the money as well? ??? ???

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #42 on: October 17, 2007, 10:39:14 PM »
Not quite, Columbusdude. Years back a few in the sport were under the opinion that the  Weider organization plus some of the major suppliment companies should organize accomodations in So Cal that would be open to any and all contestants preparing for one or more  of the major pro events. Short term accomodations (up to 8 or 10 weeks only) would allow all contestants a place to train immediately prior to the contest without the need to live as some did back then. At that time most of the pros traveled to Gold's in Santa Monica/Venice toprep for a contest and lived under less than ideal conditions

In general, think along the lines of an Olympic Training Camp.

It was an idea that went nowhere.

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: October 18, 2007, 05:50:34 AM »
If you think any bbers are gonna get a dime out of Weider you must be out of your mind.

How can I explain this delicately...

The bbers are an expendable resource, they are only there to make money for Weider, not the other way around. As soon as they blow out a kidney/liver/lung, they get tossed out in favor of some new gullible expendable resource.

Weider is about as likely to spend a nickel on bbers as I am to become king of England...

cherrybody

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #44 on: October 18, 2007, 10:46:59 AM »
There's always great physiques and guy's and girls that work their asses off but I am the best I am consistant and I'll prove it Nov 16 in TEXAS. thanks team Garcia for the shout out mo town/bay areas own A.D, CHERRY

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: October 18, 2007, 12:05:58 PM »
There's always great physiques and guy's and girls that work their asses off but I am the best I am consistant and I'll prove it Nov 16 in TEXAS. thanks team Garcia for the shout out mo town/bay areas own A.D, CHERRY

You are so humble, so modest ::)

dzulboy

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Big hard and turbo charged
« Reply #46 on: October 18, 2007, 05:42:41 PM »

need to bite the lip a little bro its hurting dexter jackson;s career, you have the physique let it speak for itself

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #47 on: October 18, 2007, 05:47:33 PM »
adorthus man you live in mo-town...like, as in Modesto?

HERACLES

• Getbig IV
« Reply #48 on: October 18, 2007, 06:00:40 PM »
Shawn Crump.

akers1021

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • "Big arms and delts dont make you a bodybuilder"
« Reply #49 on: October 18, 2007, 06:01:51 PM »

Ok....

First off get over yourself... You had gyno so bad in 06 you made tittyboy look good.  

Second your small waist is only going to take you so far.  Your mouth is NOT going to take you ANYWHERE look a queen Kamali...ran that damn mouth for years and has NEVER won a pro show...

Third with a NOTICABLE injury to your pec you will NEVER place high, and please don't start comparing yourself to toney Freeman or Levrone even with there torn pecs they looked and will always look TONS better than you ever will.   ::)

People like yourself is why I dislike National level competitors.  A few out there that DONT talk about themselfs 24/7 but very FEW.

ad you will get your ass handed to you by someone. BANK ON IT....