Author Topic: "Blacks less intelligent"  (Read 12253 times)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
Re: "Blacks less intelligent"
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2007, 01:25:53 PM »
This shouldn't matter.  Intelligence testing doesn't depend on how well you read or write, and lousy reading and writing are controlled for. 

Right what is intelligence testing? who's the best at problem solving that doesn't amount to much when all is said and done , having an high IQ doesn't mean anything in the real world it doesn't mean you'll be accepted , successful , happy , well adjusted , wealthy , productive , it just doesn't.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2007, 01:26:13 PM »
There is no such thing as intelligence. I challenge you to define it. Some people may have more brain activity but that doesn't make them more intelligent. Blacks have contributed more to are then probabaly any single race. We wouldn't have much of the music we have today if it wasn't for blacks. Yes squad, even stuff like the classics.

no.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2007, 01:27:19 PM »
Right what is intelligence testing? who's the best at problem solving that doesn't amount to much when all is said and done , having an high IQ doesn't mean anything in the real world it doesn't mean you'll be accepted , successful , happy , well adjusted , wealthy , productive , it just doesn't.
i like boobies.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2007, 01:28:12 PM »
i like boobies.

Youd have been the first on the boat to USA

HUTCH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • Mr. Arizona 2007
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2007, 01:28:34 PM »
This shouldn't matter.  Intelligence testing doesn't depend on how well you read or write, and lousy reading and writing are controlled for.  

Ok think like this...Your friend has been training for 10 years and you just started straining 2 years ago...Does the fact that he has been training 5 times as long as you have something to do with the fact that he has a better physique?

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2007, 01:29:33 PM »
Youd have been the first on the boat to USA

i was born in venice/cuver city

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2007, 01:31:09 PM »

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2007, 01:31:45 PM »

HUTCH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • Mr. Arizona 2007
« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2007, 01:33:44 PM »
What excuses do you give for the Blacks in Africa who arnt oppressed by anyone?

They have a totally different culture and way of life there...You think just cuz they dont have a Mcdonalds on every corner that Africans are stupid.  

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2007, 01:34:25 PM »
They have a totally different culture and way of life there...You think just cuz they dont have a Mcdonalds on every corner that Africans are stupid. 

Basically yes, If by way of life you mean living in standards we were living in 2000 years ago.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2007, 01:35:39 PM »
I have one point. If we are all equally intelligent. Then how come when we went to Africa and bought them from thier own people, we rode over in massive ships with weapons such as guns and cannons and come from a governed society with plumbing and they were in huts, with spears and canoes. Not to mention we already created mathematics, studied astronomy, philosophy, etc.etc,etc. I treat everyone the same but you can't argue the facts.

Add to that that Africa is STILL a backwards country and the NigNogs in this country are for the most part poor and uneducated.

It is what it is man.

You guys have better builds and bigger dicks, we're smarter and more organized.

HUTCH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • Mr. Arizona 2007
« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2007, 01:35:46 PM »
Basically yes

well then I guess you are also "genetically stupid"...

wisconsinBB

• Getbig IV
  • Sweep The Leg!
« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2007, 01:36:17 PM »
One of the first requirements for getting a good job in this nation is a proper understanding, better yet, proper usage of the english language.  Many black people still have not mastered this skill. I was at target a week or so ago and some black lady was with a friend and her two daughters and you should've hear the way she was talking.  "hey boo, where dem pants be at?"    How do they expect their daughters to grow up and get good jobs if the kids think it's ok to speak like the parents.  The black community holds itself down.  When I was in school, A black guy from milwaukee moved up to where I live to work at best buy and to get out of a bad area so he could do better for himself.  He spoke perfect english and was one of the top sales people in the home theater department.  He told me nearly all his friends from back home stopped calling and talking to him.  He told me they said he was "whitewashed" and that he wasn't "keeping it real"  In the black community, people who accel by going to school or bettering themselves are often seen as sellouts.

Don Miracle

• Getbig II
« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2007, 01:36:24 PM »
The argument comes down to how the differences are explained: Genetic versus cultural.

WhiteCastle

• Getbig III
  • The Wizard of Filth
« Reply #39 on: October 18, 2007, 01:36:47 PM »
Ok think like this...Your friend has been training for 10 years and you just started straining 2 years ago...Does the fact that he has been training 5 times as long as you have something to do with the fact that he has a better physique?

No, this isn't what I'm getting at.  You can give 4 year olds intelligence tests.  They aren't based on reading and writing skills.  They are logic and problem solving (such as those pick what is next in the pattern multiple choice questions).  For example, on the old GRE exams (grad-school entry exams), there used to be math, verbal, and logic.  Logic was the intelligence test....you could score horribly on both of the others and have a massive logic score if you were in the first grade and extremely intelligent.

But a high IQ is definitely correlated with some of those things.

dorkeroo

• Getbig IV
  • I need steroids for the brain.
« Reply #40 on: October 18, 2007, 01:37:05 PM »
Who are these people who are " proud to be white " whenever anyone declares they pride for their race what they're doing is declaring their inferiority complex , I'm not proud to be white I'm not ashamed either but I mean there is other more important shit than declaring pride , I'm proud to treat all humans the way I would like to be treated .

I may have misrepresented myself when I posted that, however, my post was a reaction to Dave's stupidity and not a call to draw attention to myself or my beliefs. I truly believe that unless he makes it absolutely clear that his comments are tongue in cheek, that Ron should be ashamed of himself for allowing him to post on this board.

I also believe there is nothing wrong with being proud of who you are and where you came from. I suppose you are right, saying one is proud to be white is nonsensical (considering that colour of skin is derived from melanocyte activity levels) however, I also think that it is hard for white people sometimes when you are told in the media that being proud to be white is racist. It is ok to be proud to be black however. The correctness of this should be kept to the political board I think.

I think you are right in that colour pride is stupid, however, I don't know about the inferiority complex thing. Remember, the average intellect in North American is about 100 and that is probably low balling it considering Canada's average will kind of skew that to the right side of the z-scores  :P (joking by the way) and in this society people cling to permanent things like white on rice (bad example maybe).

P.S. I like boobies too. Where is Croatch when we need him and he isn't in anti-steroid rant mode.

WhiteCastle

• Getbig III
  • The Wizard of Filth
« Reply #41 on: October 18, 2007, 01:38:05 PM »

No, this isn't what I'm getting at.  You can give 4 year olds intelligence tests.  They aren't based on reading and writing skills.  They are logic and problem solving (such as those pick what is next in the pattern multiple choice questions).  For example, on the old GRE exams (grad-school entry exams), there used to be math, verbal, and logic.  Logic was the intelligence test....you could score horribly on both of the others and have a massive logic score if you were in the first grade and extremely intelligent.

But a high IQ is definitely correlated with some of those things.

HUTCH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • Mr. Arizona 2007
« Reply #42 on: October 18, 2007, 01:38:17 PM »
Add to that that Africa is STILL a backwards country and the NigNogs in this country are for the most part poor and uneducated.

It is what it is man.

You guys have better builds and bigger dicks, we're smarter and more organized.

Its all the evolution of things...If all races started at the same time under the same conditions we would all be smart and hung... ;D

WeenTang

• Getbig II
« Reply #43 on: October 18, 2007, 01:40:14 PM »
I agree with that...there is still a lot of hate...And society doesnt help at all by making everything racial..."the first black coach to go to the super bowl", "top earning african americans"...That type of stupid shit just makes it obvious that neither white or blacks have let slavery go...Naacp doesnt do shit but escalate the issues...jackson, sharpton = terrible for the black community...somethings has gotta change...But as far as blacks being less intelligent because of genetics that is bullshit...does that mean whites are genetically less intelligent than asians??

See Hutch, what people like you get hung up on is the phrase "whites are more intelligent than blacks."  You interpret that to mean all whites are smarter than all blacks, which obviously isn't true.  What it really means is that the average white persons IQ is statistically significantly higher than the average black persons.  And yes, Asians are smarter than whites.

Please don't start the nature versus nurture BS.  Environment matters, but not nearly as much as good old DNA.
Pumped 4 Life

dorkeroo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: October 18, 2007, 01:40:30 PM »
On a side note has anyone noticed that it seems that black people tend to present themselves in less educated manner these days?  Like the other day I was watching television and came across an old episode of soul train (maybe from the 70s?) where some well mannered black man was talking about his album and he was like "We put together a compilation of music that we are very proud of.  Please come see us at our next tour stop in Minneapolis".  I swear if I was blind I would've thought it was some educated white guy.  Then you flip to MTV and you got some fool with gold teeth and chains sayin stuff like "yo we be lacin dem hot tracks in the studio, album drops Oct 20th, we gon get dat paper son.  Holla at yo boy" ;D

Remember it is white people that run this. It was really demonstrated well in the movie Crash in the television sit com segment.

BET I believe was introduced because black artists couldn't get air time with regular music stations on television. Apparently (and I don't have cable so I don't know about this 100%), BET was bought out and now the shows on it really are demeaning to black people whereas before they were not.

Needless to say, nobody is blameless. Whites may run it (and if they do) the blacks are starring in these "shows" and allowing themselves to be portrayed rather poorly. Something has to change on both sides.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: October 18, 2007, 01:43:50 PM »
See Hutch, what people like you get hung up on is the phrase "whites are more intelligent than blacks."  You interpret that to mean all whites are smarter than all blacks, which obviously isn't true.  What it really means is that the average white persons IQ is statistically significantly higher than the average black persons.  And yes, Asians are smarter than whites.

Please don't start the nature versus nurture BS.  Environment matters, but not nearly as much as good old DNA.

No white person I know has a problem admitting the average asian or Indian is smarter than the average white guy, its sad blacks need to feel oppressed by what will eventually be found to be scientific fact, just like blacks can gain muscle easier or have better rhythm.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #46 on: October 18, 2007, 01:47:12 PM »

HUTCH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • Mr. Arizona 2007
« Reply #47 on: October 18, 2007, 01:49:52 PM »
No white person I know has a problem admitting the average asian or Indian is smarter than the average white guy, its sad blacks need to feel oppressed by what will eventually be found to be scientific fact, just like blacks can gain muscle easier or have better rhythm.

well again it all has to do with the evolution of things...slaves worked in terrible conditions all day while whites sat around reading sipping tea...Only the strongest survived and created more strong slaves...Thats pretty obvious...

dorkeroo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #48 on: October 18, 2007, 01:50:17 PM »

Not trying to sound like a dick, but do you have any idea of what it is going to take to determine "scientific facts" supporting this "theory"?

We are talking molecular biology and genetic understanding FAR beyond what we (scientists) now know. Further, there are too many confounding factors and inconsistencies that could bias results trying to determine such a thing.

Genetics in some ways is making meat and then having the meat organize itself according to metabolism and equilibrium based on Gibb's free energy and thermodynamics. There can definitely be differences in meat quality in the beginning (myelination and maybe ion gate quality), however, one can train their meat in their heads just the same as they can do the stuff in their arms and make it perform better. Sometimes motivation to do so is lacking.

Maybe if some of these people grew up where it was cool to be smart and told they are equal rather than the ways some have to things would be different?

Again not trying to be a dick, just talking.

HUTCH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • Mr. Arizona 2007
« Reply #49 on: October 18, 2007, 01:51:59 PM »
See Hutch, what people like you get hung up on is the phrase "whites are more intelligent than blacks."  You interpret that to mean all whites are smarter than all blacks, which obviously isn't true.  What it really means is that the average white persons IQ is statistically significantly higher than the average black persons.  And yes, Asians are smarter than whites.

Please don't start the nature versus nurture BS.  Environment matters, but not nearly as much as good old DNA.

No I never thought it meant all whites are smarter...I figured that was pretty obvious...