Author Topic: Torre turns down Yanks.  (Read 2608 times)

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
Re: Torre turns down Yanks.
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2007, 07:05:59 PM »
Dude, what-the-fuck-ever.

I meant higher priced talent, by the way.

I get that.  I'm saying the price is irrelevant.

What am I pulling out of my ass?

Blanketed statements that the Yankees are fucked and that Rivera and Posada are definitely leaving.

Cashman has been QUOTED as saying that the Yankees won't negotiate. I didn't make it up. And you think Cashman's lying? Fuck leverage tactics. If he falls back on his word, his reputation will become shit.

I think  this is our disconnect.  I never denied he said this and I never denied they would follow through on it.  I was just expalining why they did it.  They've said the same thing since mid-summer, so I'm sure they mean it.

Jeter is absolutely on the tail end of his prime at 33. I should have clarifed that I mean DEFENSIVELY, by the way.

His OPS+ for 2007 was still in line with his career norms, so there's no indication that he's declining offensively.  Defensively, I agree with you.  His has horrible range to his left, and the gold gloves he won were a joke.

What are you going to say when A-rod opts out and the Yankees don't sign him? You are delusional if you think the Yankees sign A-rod to a new money blockbuster contract. Remember, Texas is paying out the current deal. Furthermore, did you know that A-rod and his agent are going to ask for a percentage of the Yankees's TV contract if(when) he opts out?? You really Steinbrenner is going to go for that?

The reason the Yankees are willing to do an extension and won't negotiate if he opts out is because they lose the Texas money.  I'm well aware of this, and never denied it.  I've heard all the posturing from Boras, but your statement is wrong.  If he opts out, they won't request any TV, because the Yankees will be out of it.  Maybe you're confusing opting out with an extension.  Not sure.  Boras may ask for TV shit if they negotiate an extension.

Y