Author Topic: gym clothes  (Read 2851 times)

TOMCAT

• Getbig IV
gym clothes
« on: October 06, 2007, 10:11:50 AM »
I have been working on a logo for a new line of gym clothes I wanted to start selling.I was just wondering if I did persue it what the best way to start would be...

I am thinking design the logo,

patent it

make arrangements with a company to make them(I am thinking just large and x large to start)

then creating a web site to market my clothes

maybe visit the local gyms and see if they are interested in buying

has anybody else done this?anyone know a good clothing company that whole sales shorts and tanks?

also a good silk screener

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
Re: gym clothes
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2007, 11:19:03 AM »

I just wanted to say "Hi"   :D

TOMCAT

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2007, 11:53:01 AM »
Awwwe... :D

hey Amy,

what's up buddy?

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2007, 04:04:13 PM »
You never visit anymore so I came here.   :(

Glad to see those headaches didn't kill ya
  ;)

TOMCAT

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2007, 05:56:50 PM »
You never visit anymore so I came here.   :(

Glad to see those headaches didn't kill ya
  ;)
yeah well I always get ignored unless I talk about my many problems,

people tend to be drawn to drama,no gives a rats ass when everything is going good in your life ;)

on that note how is everything in NY?

HUTCH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • Mr. Arizona 2007
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2007, 05:15:15 PM »
I started www.ironattitude.net about 5 months ago.  It started with the logo, that is very important cuz it is the face of your company.  Website of course is a must, and dont use paypal.  Spend the extra money and get a solid ecommerce system.  Marketing your clothing is the hardest part by far.  I dont go anywhere without one of my shirts on.  I design and MAKE all of my clothing.  I have all the screen printing equipment because I also have a screen printing company.  That is one of the keys is being able to produce the clothing at the cheapest possible price.  My shirts cost me very little to produce, its almost all profit.  If you are interested in affordable quality screen printing just let me know.  I deal with companies from all over the U.S.

Good Luck

TOMCAT

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2007, 04:59:57 PM »
I want to patent my own logo,then market it on e-bay ,getbig,and all the other sites.I plan on buying my own silk screening press and already have a whole sale t shirt site to buy from.Have you had allot of success selling your shirts and how much capital did you have to put up to get started?

HUTCH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • Mr. Arizona 2007
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2007, 01:56:00 PM »
yes pretty good success...We sell a lot at contest and in stores here in AZ...I'll see people in gyms wearing them sometimes...I would however like to get more online business going with it...My startup cost was really only about $1000 bucks...If your gonna get a screen printer then go to silkscreeningsupplies.co m...They have pretty cheap as well as everything else you need...Shirts are cheap you should be able to get white shirts for as low as 1.49 each...If you get lower then let me know... ;D

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2007, 09:49:46 PM »
I want to patent my own logo,then market it on e-bay ,getbig,and all the other sites.I plan on buying my own silk screening press and already have a whole sale t shirt site to buy from.Have you had allot of success selling your shirts and how much capital did you have to put up to get started?

You don't patent a t-shirt design.  You can copyright it but if it is the logo of your company then trademark it.  Veyr easy to do if you knwo what you doing.  No sense in paying an attorney $1,000+ to trademark for you.  Unless you have the room for a press then you shouldn't do it.  You'll need a dryer too.  I had a screen printing business in Vegas it was 10,000 sq. ft.  It is where the UFC headquarters is located now.  You can alway have someone else do your films and separations and make your screens.  But it is a headache.  You need a lot more than just a press.  You could probably get away with using a manual at first but still to much trouble.  If you need help with printing contact me.  My guy here in Vegas now is the cheapest I have found and it is the 2nd largest company of it kind in Vegas.  They are so busy they operate 7 days a week 24 hours a day.  I can get you the best pricing.  you should also consider placing your own label.  It gives your garment more valued appearance.

TOMCAT

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2007, 01:05:47 PM »
Well I have my own label,and am going to copy right the logo like you said.I am going to start off slow and take my time and get the stuff straight.

This is all new to me,but I have a full time job and a stump grinding business already so I am going to make sure I don't overload myself with too much work.

Onlyme you had the muscle mofia logo right?I alway thought that was a cool name for a line,I also like the Iron attitude.I guess you have to have something true gym rats can relate too.

Is it hard to transfer a drawing on too the film to the screen?

What about multi color prints is that complicated?

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2007, 11:15:07 AM »
Well I have my own label,and am going to copy right the logo like you said.I am going to start off slow and take my time and get the stuff straight.

This is all new to me,but I have a full time job and a stump grinding business already so I am going to make sure I don't overload myself with too much work.

Onlyme you had the muscle mofia logo right?I alway thought that was a cool name for a line,I also like the Iron attitude.I guess you have to have something true gym rats can relate too.

Is it hard to transfer a drawing on too the film to the screen?

What about multi color prints is that complicated?

Yes Muscle Mafia is my line.  We just secured a distributor in Australia.  They are actually developing an Activewear, Streetwear and Formalwear line

You need the equipment to do all the film and transfers.  We had a machine made by Xante which made our films then you have to have a room to burn screens.  I didn't do any of that part.  And I never bothered to learn.  I figured it was easier to hire someone.  M mistake cause I wish I had learned the whole process.  WIth multi colro you have separations which the Xante did too.  You need a great computer system if you are going to do it right.  We had the best MAC that was out then.  The Xante cost $35,000.  It is almost worth it maybe to just ave transfer made and you buy a Heat Press.  Then you can print as the orders come in.  You buy the blanks shirts for around $1 to $1.25 for white.  Add another $1 or so for dark colors.

This a sample of our private label.  I had them done in Thailand.  Cheapest I could find and I got them back in 5 days.