Author Topic: Can u train yourself to function at a high level w only six hrs of sleep daily?  (Read 3083 times)

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
i'm a zombie on 6 hours and always resort to coffee to keep going. i need 8, no more no less.

Hah.. thats the other part of my story.  The intensely heavy caffeine usage that I have going :(

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
Wouldn't you need to be constantly tired to be able to fall asleep 4-6 times in a day? 

it's a sleep pattern like any other. according to proponents you just train yourself to KO at a moment's notice for a half hour and wake up again no problems.

that's a big reason i can't even attempt it. when i lay down it takes me a good 45 minutes to drift off. but apparently you can "learn" to fall asleep in an instant even if you're not "tired". from what i've read, the transition period is pretty brutal.

Don Miracle

• Getbig II
you can count your exhalations as you're trying to fall asleep (counting silently or under your breath as you exhale), concentrating only on the next number. 

it's good for the mind and a great way to zone out when needed.   ;)

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
Yes you absolutely can, ...but I think it heavily depends on how much you tax yourself during your waking hours and whether what you do in your waking hours is more taxing mentally, or physically. or emotionally.

When I worked on set, I would do 15 - 16 hr days for days at a time and get by on 6 hours sleep a night (if I was lucky), but after a few days it always caught up with me, and I would sometimes be comatose for 2 days, only to turn around and do it again the next week. By the time the project was over, I'd end up comatose for a week.

For the past few years, I've regularly been operating on 6 hrs sleep, most frequently between 5am - 11am, or 6am - noon, and it's worked fine for me. As long as I cut out artificial stimulants like caffeine, I'm good to go. Sometimes I even function well on only 5 hrs of sleep. Whatever my body tells me I need, that's what I take. I tossed the alarm clock in 2002.

I don't think anybody who lifts should try 6 hrs though, especially NOT if your body is in a growth phase,
...I'd say take as many hours a night as your body tells you to take.
w

Iron_Sheik

• Getbig II
  • Pat Patterson loves Derek Anthony!
Your body requires a certain amount of sleep. No matter how long you deprive it, it will always get what it needs. Do yourself a favor and get 7-8 hours a night and leave it at that.

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
Seems like the most successful people I know can do this.

six hours of sleep lol? thats plenty...

i would understand the question if you were talking about 3-4 hours.

eddiebubble

• Getbig II
5 hours is more than enough for an active person which means that bodybuilders require even less.
Bouncing a light weight for 1 minute and then resting for another minute isn't exactly hard work.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
As far as I am concerned, I think not.  You can do it for quite a few days in a row but at some stage it catches up with you and you're forced to sleep like 10 hours one night to make up the deficit that has occurred.
I'm same way....I'llpullit off for 3-5 days but at some point boooom...lights out...14 hours of sleep

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
I only sleep for 6 hrs...max
im on annual leave for a minute..
ima try sleep longer
choice is an illusion

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
Join the military you'll learn.  lol