Author Topic: LAURA LEE'S THREAD  (Read 61593 times)

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
Re: LAURA LEE'S CONTEST PREP THREAD
« Reply #250 on: January 22, 2008, 02:03:03 PM »
I am not bashing u at all,,i want u to know that,,u look better than 99% of chicks out there,,i am jut saying in terms of bodybuilding,,and just kinda using u as an example,,but in general,,anyone who is bodybuilding , will in time, always want to improve to a certain extent, and IN MY OPINION i think that Laura was better suited for the figure, because there are alot of dirty politics in bodybuilding, and I didnt want to see her mess up her incredible body to get bigger and muscular..most female bodybuilders ideal weight is over 110 pounds. So your the best at 110 pounds,,ok,,but if u start improving,,u put on more muscle,,u compete at higher weight levels,,the competiton rises,,cmon,,what happens next,,u wanna get bigger..

It's cool, I just happen to disagree with you.  Like I said, I support whatever decision Laura makes, but I don't think that she'd have to add a tremendous amount of size to be successful at BB and get alot of personal satisfaction and sense of accomplishment out of it.  For the show she's doing in a few weeks, it's all about the diet either way.

I should clarify...I actually weighed in for Jr Nats at 111.5.  I got room to add just under 3.5 pounds of muscle.  ;D

:)

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #251 on: January 22, 2008, 02:05:03 PM »
Actually, that is what "bodybuilding" is all about. We all have a point where improvement is needed. Rip looks good but she over time needs to make improvements. Speaking of improvements, MindSpin, it's about time you make some, you have made no progress in the last few years. Your tiny. This is bodybuilding, not lazybuilding.

What are u talking about?  Right now I weigh 300lbs with abs ::)
w

davidpaul

• Getbig V
« Reply #252 on: January 22, 2008, 02:06:48 PM »
Actually, that is what "bodybuilding" is all about. We all have a point where improvement is needed. Rip looks good but she over time needs to make improvements. Speaking of improvements, MindSpin, it's about time you make some, you have made no progress in the last few years. Your tiny. This is bodybuilding, not lazybuilding.

are you smoking crack? ::)

MS has probably the best clean build on the board, guy looks awesome, and hes spot on with his assessment about fbb.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #253 on: January 23, 2008, 03:09:27 AM »

Todays female bodybuilders look nothing like "yesterdays bodybuilders". Those ladies would get smoked in todays REAL female bodybuilding shows. Rip, your beautiful, but in todays shows, you need quality muscle PLUS conditioning. Rip, your 110 pounds, cmon, you may think your a bodybuilder, but compete in a REAL show, and I am sure you will come back to the drawing board and think things over. Rip, you look like a fitness chick, not a bodybuilder. Remember , bodybuilding is about building muscle not just conditioning, I think your forgetting that. Facial changes occur when "females or males" start using products or gear and I wasnt saying they happened to Laura because I think she is natural, but I was giving her the heads up. Rip, again your 110 pounds, if you competed in a REAL bodybuilding show, not some local show, you would get smoked.

Thing is, if you have to give up so much to place first, like getting facial changes, hormonal changes (what will that do for the risk of ovarian cancer?), and the reward is so small financially, how are you gonna justify it?

Look at Jodels, placing 8th or so as a bodybuilder in her first outing, but still being the real winner, since her physique is what most people considers to be best looking from that show.

As long as you have the best physique you will win. You don't necessarily have to win the show, but you will get the few photo shoots and physique modeling jobs that are available.

Who do you think has made more money, Andrulla Blanchette (Ms O) or Lena Johanssen (what did she ever win?).
As empty as paradise

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #254 on: January 23, 2008, 04:28:30 AM »
I cleaned this thread up a little.  Sorry guys, I'm just trying to be consistent and keep things generally on track.  :)

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #255 on: January 23, 2008, 05:12:03 AM »

Look at Jodels, placing 8th or so as a bodybuilder in her first outing, but still being the real winner, since her physique is what most people considers to be best looking from that show.

HUh 8 place is the real winner??  Im sure she did not feel that way.  When you compete in a particular event you are trying you best to do well in that event.  Its what the judges think that matters not your friends or fans.

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #256 on: January 23, 2008, 05:15:40 AM »
HUh 8 place is the real winner??  Im sure she did not feel that way.  When you compete in a particular event you are trying you best to do well in that event.  Its what the judges think that matters not your friends or fans.

I was a bit confused about HHs statement as well. 8th is pretty damn far from 1st.
E

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #257 on: January 23, 2008, 01:08:30 PM »
I interpret Hedgehog's statements to suggest that (1) being true to yourself, giving it 100%, and bringing what YOU feel is best to the stage on show day will make you a winner no matter where you place in the show, and (2) you don't have to win the show to be successful as a bodybuilder in terms of making money (photo shoots, etc), getting your name out in the public eye, having a fan base, etc. 
(ALL OF WHICH IS TRUE IMO)

Of course, we are ALL competitive...I know I am, I play to win.   ;D
But I always go into a competition with the mindset that if I improved myself and look better than I did last time I competed, if am happy with the way I look, and if I dedicated myself 110% to getting there, then I WIN no matter what happens.  Easier said than done, I KNOW, but THESE THINGS are what makes a successful bodybuilder.

That's why I try to encourage more women to give BB a try...it can be a very rewarding experience, especially after competing in figure, working your ass off to get to a show, and getting lost in a sea of 250 girls covered in bling.   :P

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #258 on: January 23, 2008, 02:12:02 PM »
I interpret Hedgehog's statements to suggest that (1) being true to yourself, giving it 100%, and bringing what YOU feel is best to the stage on show day will make you a winner no matter where you place in the show, and (2) you don't have to win the show to be successful as a bodybuilder in terms of making money (photo shoots, etc), getting your name out in the public eye, having a fan base, etc. 
(ALL OF WHICH IS TRUE IMO)

Of course, we are ALL competitive...I know I am, I play to win.   ;D
But I always go into a competition with the mindset that if I improved myself and look better than I did last time I competed, if am happy with the way I look, and if I dedicated myself 110% to getting there, then I WIN no matter what happens.  Easier said than done, I KNOW, but THESE THINGS are what makes a successful bodybuilder.

That's why I try to encourage more women to give BB a try...it can be a very rewarding experience, especially after competing in figure, working your ass off to get to a show, and getting lost in a sea of 250 girls covered in bling.   :P

When I won the overall at the Mr. Huntington Beach I wasn't happy.  I missed my peak and came in looking like shiat (IMO).  When I took 5th at the Mr. LA, I was elated.  I came in 12lbs heavier with better condition and right on peak.  I get more personal fulfillment from doing my best than wining...
w

JediKnight

• Getbig IV
« Reply #259 on: January 23, 2008, 02:52:59 PM »
When I won the overall at the Mr. Huntington Beach I wasn't happy.  I missed my peak and came in looking like shiat (IMO).  When I took 5th at the Mr. LA, I was elated.  I came in 12lbs heavier with better condition and right on peak.  I get more personal fulfillment from doing my best than wining...

you may feel that way, but this is a contest, if your not 1st, your last. You should always strive to be #1.

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #260 on: January 23, 2008, 03:26:48 PM »
you may feel that way, but this is a contest, if your not 1st, your last. You should always strive to be #1.

Could not disagree more.  If I use a contest as a means to motivate myself to bring the best out of myself, there is no shame in coming in last.  All you can do is your best...nothing more.
w

JediKnight

• Getbig IV
« Reply #261 on: January 23, 2008, 04:05:18 PM »
Could not disagree more.  If I use a contest as a means to motivate myself to bring the best out of myself, there is no shame in coming in last.  All you can do is your best...nothing more.

Maybe in your mind, but true champions dont settle for that. If your consistently placing bad in a show, it's time to hang it up.

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #262 on: January 23, 2008, 05:57:36 PM »
Maybe in your mind, but true champions dont settle for that. If your consistently placing bad in a show, it's time to hang it up.

That's why I am also an advocate of sticking to what you do best.
w

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #263 on: January 23, 2008, 06:48:40 PM »
Bodybuilding is as much a competition against yourself than anyone else.  That's what can make it so rewarding.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #264 on: January 24, 2008, 12:39:55 AM »

Also, it's a judged competition. It's not a 100 meter dash, with a clear cut winner.

If whatever you bring up on that stage is what a majority considers to be the best outstanding physique, how could the opinion of a few judges be more important than that?

Especially in something like bodybuilding, that have little financial rewards.

And even more in female bodybuilding, where the judging is different from competition to competition.

So if Jodels got 8th place, doesn't matter at all. She looked great, and if the judges can't award that, it's something wrong with the judging.

Or at least, she (or Cheri Lane or whoever) shouldn't go into a competition worrying about the judging.

It's when they do things gets really bizarre IMO, then you get FBB's who discusses openly how they try to put on more mass, or try to look more feminine, or come in harder or whatever.

They let some guys in suits decide what they're doing to their bodies.

If someone continously places around 10th, but is considered to have the most pleasant, classic physique, and gets the best sponsor deals from the competition, what is the reason to hang it up?

As empty as paradise

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #265 on: January 24, 2008, 04:46:21 AM »
Totally agree BB is a sport against yourself first and foremost.  If the best you can bring is better than the others in class then that is very cool and you win the show.  And yes the sport is so subjective that many times lots of people will think that 2nd or 3rd should have been judged best.  Also the depth of the field has tons to do with the placing.  If you get first in a novice show it would not be as rewarding as say 6th in a national level show, I also agree with that.

I think Hedge was saying, Jody M while competing in a BB show "should be happy about placing 8th because she looks better and more feminine than the she beasts that won the show."  She should comp in figure then cause I'm sorry FBB is about being muscular, even though too many people on the fringe may not care for the look.

JediKnight

• Getbig IV
« Reply #266 on: January 24, 2008, 03:37:58 PM »
GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR TRAINING LAURA LEE. :)

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #267 on: January 25, 2008, 07:17:04 AM »
For Lori,Stella and everyone else who called/texted us

(we love you!)

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #268 on: January 25, 2008, 07:48:00 AM »

(we love you!)
Thankd dweetir, we love you too :)
R

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #269 on: January 25, 2008, 09:31:00 AM »

(we love you!)

How is she? :-\
As empty as paradise

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #270 on: January 25, 2008, 11:30:41 AM »

(we love you!)
WTF happened!!!!???
w

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #271 on: January 25, 2008, 11:41:23 AM »

(we love you!)
Damn is that recent?? what happened Mike?

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #272 on: January 25, 2008, 12:24:47 PM »
I'll let Laura fill in the details if she wants to, but the bottom line is she's home and on the mend, and she sounds MUCH better now than she did earlier this week!!   :)

OK so this won't exactly be a Contest Prep Thread anymore...what should we do with it? 
Just make it a "LAURA LEE'S THREAD" for pics and whatever else? 

az

• Getbig III
« Reply #273 on: January 25, 2008, 05:21:15 PM »
Hey Laura if you like it I love it. Do You baby! We only take this ride once...Good luck ((((laura))))   ;D

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #274 on: January 25, 2008, 05:29:05 PM »
Hey Laura if you like it I love it. Do You baby! We only take this ride once...Good luck ((((laura))))   ;D
Not sure what that means. So what happened to Cheri Lane anyways?
E