Author Topic: Box Squatting: For Bodybuilding?  (Read 2516 times)

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
Re: Box Squatting: For Bodybuilding?
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2007, 07:59:01 AM »
they will help your deadlift if you sit on a low enough box, i used to use a 10-11 inch box, what Louie Simmons says these and front squats do is create better position and more stability for the deadlift by building the lower back and posterior chain, it's not hard to keep your balance if you wear flat soled shoes, just push your hips and ass backwards and sit onto the box then re flex the hips, hamstrings and quads and push yourself off the box.

THis is one of those exercises where you need to use lighter weight and learn proper form before you can move some big shit it seems and go to 10-11" off teh floor?!! My body stops well above that just squatting right here in the office to check my depth. If you recommend front squats then I'll give them a go. Zercher squats too?!

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
Re: Box Squatting: For Bodybuilding?
« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2007, 08:12:48 AM »
THis is one of those exercises where you need to use lighter weight and learn proper form before you can move some big shit it seems and go to 10-11" off teh floor?!! My body stops well above that just squatting right here in the office to check my depth. If you recommend front squats then I'll give them a go. Zercher squats too?!
i was eventually able to work up to 315 for 8 sets of 3 with 30 seconds rest between the sets like Westside recommends, i do remember they really helped my speed off the floor on deads big time and yes Zerchers and fronts work wonderfully.