Author Topic: Michael Lockett's Diet  (Read 20962 times)

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
Re: Michael Lockett's Diet
« Reply #50 on: October 28, 2007, 09:36:19 AM »
IMO any diet that has alot processed "foods" or empty calories is not good BBing or not......it's like pouring salt into a gas tank, eventually it stops running effeciantly.
tell that to Sergio Oliva.

The Coach

« Reply #51 on: October 28, 2007, 09:41:41 AM »
tell that to Sergio Oliva.

BBer's back during that day and age really IMO didn't know any better about nutrition.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: October 28, 2007, 09:43:06 AM »
BBer's back during that day and age really IMO didn't know any better about nutrition.
then how did he build one of the best physiques of all time on pork and beans, cokes, cheeseburgers, donuts, pancakes, etc.?

The Coach

« Reply #53 on: October 28, 2007, 09:53:20 AM »
then how did he build one of the best physiques of all time on pork and beans, cokes, cheeseburgers, donuts, pancakes, etc.?

They didn't eat that way when getting ready for a show, and even thought they did eat those things, it wasn't as often as you might think.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: October 28, 2007, 09:53:58 AM »
They didn't eat that way when getting ready for a show, and even thought they did eat those things, it wasn't as often as you might think.
how do you know? were you there with him?

The Coach

« Reply #55 on: October 28, 2007, 09:56:21 AM »
how do you know? were you there with him?

I was there with alot of them when I was kid training at Pearls gym in the mid to late 70's. Bill especially would stay away from junk food, he was a very strict lacto-ovo vegetarian.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #56 on: October 28, 2007, 10:33:53 AM »
I was there with alot of them when I was kid training at Pearls gym in the mid to late 70's. Bill especially would stay away from junk food, he was a very strict lacto-ovo vegetarian.
wise man

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: October 28, 2007, 11:53:20 AM »
yeah i think gh plays a large role in how they are able to eat junk and stay lean
irongearco.com

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #58 on: October 28, 2007, 12:00:47 PM »
I have never had a strict diet. I eat until 3 in the morning. Ice cream... cookies (you should see how many batches of cookies I bake and eat when stoned... I wont go there now) whatever..  As long as I get 150 grams of protein im cool. I'm under ten percent fat. I wokrout hard and work ten hour days. I believe my metabolism is high as fuck though. My dad is 54 and hes still 6'2 175 under 10 percent fat and never works out. Though he is diabetic and watches his diet and eats clean for the most part. I don't know where im going with this...
U can always post a pic to edify everyone

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: October 28, 2007, 12:10:06 PM »
that wasn't what i asked you, i asked you if you were there to see what SERGIO OLIVA ate?

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #60 on: October 28, 2007, 12:15:54 PM »
that wasn't what i asked you, i asked you if you were there to see what SERGIO OLIVA ate?
forgive speedy gonzales SF he has an inferiority complex

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #61 on: October 28, 2007, 12:27:13 PM »
sergio olivia was a genetic freak with muscle mass equivelant to todays pros. and he wasnt using half the shit todays guys are using.

there are people in the world who eat as much as they want of whatever they want and they will never gain a pound of body fat. there bodies just wont store it. and then there are people who will store every thing over daily maintanence caloric needs as body fat. everyBODY is different. what works for michael lockette isnt going to work for an average bb'r.   the coach is 100% dead on. you have to eat clean. if you want to grow big, just eat big AND clean.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: October 28, 2007, 12:31:05 PM »
sergio olivia was a genetic freak with muscle mass equivelant to todays pros. and he wasnt using half the shit todays guys are using.

there are people in the world who eat as much as they want of whatever they want and they will never gain a pound of body fat. there bodies just wont store it. and then there are people who will store every thing over daily maintanence caloric needs as body fat. everyBODY is different. what works for michael lockette isnt going to work for an average bb'r.   the coach is 100% dead on. you have to eat clean. if you want to grow big, just eat big AND clean.
hahahahahha, big and ripped like you right?

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: October 28, 2007, 12:32:39 PM »
yeah exactly. big and ripped like me.  :)

The Coach

« Reply #64 on: October 28, 2007, 12:34:22 PM »

No, I wish. The closest I got to Sergio was seeing him guest post at the Orange County Muscle Classic in the 80's.......geez what a freak!!

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #65 on: October 28, 2007, 12:56:32 PM »
you can not grow on only clean food no matter if hormonized or not,,even if genetic respond to hormones is phenominal you can not grow on a 100% clean diet,,now one ever done it and no one ever will

i sit in sushi buffets when im in usa and back in europe 3 times a day sometimes eating so much sushi nd rice and salmons and tuna and any fish you can imagine with ell souce and some spicey mayo it is enough for a family of 4 ,,

if you always eat clean you will never be big you will maintain your 190lb 8% gym rat hormonized physiqe for ever

the problem of you guys is that you dont take every post i ever made here and write it on your walls because what i say on getbig is THE ONLY AND SINGLE WAY TO A NATIONAL REGIONAL BODYBUILDING STAGE
fallen angel

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: October 28, 2007, 01:24:20 PM »
you can not grow on only clean food no matter if hormonized or not,,even if genetic respond to hormones is phenominal you can not grow on a 100% clean diet,,now one ever done it and no one ever will

i sit in sushi buffets when im in usa and back in europe 3 times a day sometimes eating so much sushi nd rice and salmons and tuna and any fish you can imagine with ell souce and some spicey mayo it is enough for a family of 4 ,,

if you always eat clean you will never be big you will maintain your 190lb 8% gym rat hormonized physiqe for ever

the problem of you guys is that you dont take every post i ever made here and write it on your walls because what i say on getbig is THE ONLY AND SINGLE WAY TO A NATIONAL REGIONAL BODYBUILDING STAGE

bullshit. absolute bullshit. take the amount of calories you eat in one day from junk food, and replace it with an equal amount of calories from good bodybuilding foods and you will grow faster, and stay leaner.

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #67 on: October 28, 2007, 01:31:20 PM »
only way to do what you say is to drink 75% of your meals ,,you dont sit and eat 5000 calories a day of clean food,,no one does it no one will do it,,you cant get those 5000calories from completely clean food you will need dirt in it inorder to get it as high as 5000+ calories which are needed for growth if you have a work and active during typical day,,,you can grow on clean food if you sit home all day doing nothing but sleep train and hormonizing yuorself but even that will have limit

when you are new to bodybuilding you will grow on clean food ,,when your body max itself  you can eat good clean clories from the mornining to evening but if you dont change your diet to include dirt in it and add on hormones you will NEVER SEE THE NUMBER 200LB AT SINGLE DIGIT BODY FAT AT  NORMAL HEIGHT

now,,i understand you all exited about bodybuilding and all but the truth is you wont grow period you will remain within 10lb of your best shape with body composition change and that is it! you wont grow on 100% clean diet
fallen angel

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #68 on: October 28, 2007, 01:38:20 PM »
there are people in the world who eat as much as they want of whatever they want and they will never gain a pound of body fat. there bodies just wont store it. and then there are people who will store every thing over daily maintanence caloric needs as body fat.
Utter and total bullshit. Metabolisms do not vary that much. Some do stay leaner than others, yes. But ANYONE will put on bodyfat if you eat over maintenance, which does not vary THAT much. ANYONE.

Some people can eat whatever they want because their APPETITE regulates it in such a way that the total calorie consumption is comparatively low. We all know people who subsist on pizza and other "crap" without putting on bodyweight or fat. What these "freaks" forget to tell you is that they can go without eating anything at all half the next day so it all balances out.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #69 on: October 28, 2007, 01:41:46 PM »
bullshit. absolute bullshit. take the amount of calories you eat in one day from junk food, and replace it with an equal amount of calories from good bodybuilding foods and you will grow faster, and stay leaner.
Define junk food.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: October 28, 2007, 01:52:13 PM »
only way to do what you say is to drink 75% of your meals ,,you dont sit and eat 5000 calories a day of clean food,,no one does it no one will do it,,you cant get those 5000calories from completely clean food you will need dirt in it inorder to get it as high as 5000+ calories which are needed for growth if you have a work and active during typical day,,,you can grow on clean food if you sit home all day doing nothing but sleep train and hormonizing yuorself but even that will have limit

when you are new to bodybuilding you will grow on clean food ,,when your body max itself  you can eat good clean clories from the mornining to evening but if you dont change your diet to include dirt in it and add on hormones you will NEVER SEE THE NUMBER 200LB AT SINGLE DIGIT BODY FAT AT  NORMAL HEIGHT

now,,i understand you all exited about bodybuilding and all but the truth is you wont grow period you will remain within 10lb of your best shape with body composition change and that is it! you wont grow on 100% clean diet
then you just dont have a big appetite, there pal. 5000 cals is not alot of food.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #71 on: October 28, 2007, 01:53:09 PM »
then you just dont have a big appetite, there pal. 5000 cals is not alot of food.

oh, brother.  ::)

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: October 28, 2007, 01:53:57 PM »
Utter and total bullshit. Metabolisms do not vary that much. Some do stay leaner than others, yes. But ANYONE will put on bodyfat if you eat over maintenance, which does not vary THAT much. ANYONE.

Some people can eat whatever they want because their APPETITE regulates it in such a way that the total calorie consumption is comparatively low. We all know people who subsist on pizza and other "crap" without putting on bodyweight or fat. What these "freaks" forget to tell you is that they can go without eating anything at all half the next day so it all balances out.
have you ever seen "supersize me"? heinterviews a guy who eats at least three big macs everyday. its like his hobby. and the guy doesnt do shit physically, yet he is a twig. he has been eating big macs everyday of his life since he was 16. the guy is like 50 years old and as skinny as can be.

some people just do not store fat.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #73 on: October 28, 2007, 02:00:17 PM »
have you ever seen "supersize me"? heinterviews a guy who eats at least three big macs everyday. its like his hobby. and the guy doesnt do shit physically, yet he is a twig. he has been eating big macs everyday of his life since he was 16. the guy is like 50 years old and as skinny as can be.

some people just do not store fat.
You need to learn some simple physiology. First of all, never ever trust a person to correctly self-report food consumption. This goes for both obese and thin people. Like onlyme saying he "doesn't eat that much". Like the skinny dude claiming he can't put on weight despite eating an all-junkfood diet. The skinny dude will "forget" to eat some days. The obese dude will forget to mention the snickers bars under his pillow. Afterall, they don't count as "meals".

The guy who ate 3 big mac's was eating at maintenance if he didn't gain. 3 burgers is not that many calories if he didn't eat anything else.

ANYONE will gain fat/weight if he eats a lot of food consistently. Consistently is the key word.

affy

« Reply #74 on: October 28, 2007, 02:01:01 PM »
sit down..one day...just one day

and record EVERY SINGLE macro nutrient you put on your mouth.  I bet it'll barely be 3500 calories. You'll be surprised at just how much food 5000 calories is