Author Topic: Charles glass  (Read 8044 times)

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
Re: Charles glass
« Reply #50 on: November 02, 2007, 10:30:19 PM »
Glass seems like a good guy but he runs guys through workouts.  Telling Flex Wheeler to contract his back during cable rows is hardly inside knowledge.  For guys like Flex, Cormier and Dillet to not be able to train because they were lazy is pretty sad.  We all know guys who train really hard and don't have the genetics to grow big (on gear).  Wheeler's videos always cracked me up.  No drive=Glass paycheck.
Squishy face retard

Pollux

• Getbig V
  • I'm kind of a big deal!
« Reply #51 on: November 03, 2007, 04:27:23 AM »
It must have been around 3am, we were just getting out of a club and decided to drive around, drunk as all hell

Cool. A bunch of knuckleheads drinking and driving.  ::)

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #52 on: November 03, 2007, 04:39:11 AM »
Hahaha, OneMoreRep, classic shit as always. :D
No doubt about it...

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #53 on: November 03, 2007, 07:06:32 AM »
Charles Glass isn't there at 4am and he certainly doesn't leave at 10pm...

Instead, Charles has a one room shack in the basement at Gold's.  All the man does is stay awake all night watching old Mr. Olympias while trying to beat his world record of most number of times viewing Pumping Iron...

Which reminds me of a story...

One night, a few of my friends and I were driving by Gold's gym.  It must have been around 3am, we were just getting out of a club and decided to drive around, drunk as all hell, until the sun came out.  Well, around close to 4am or so, it's so damn clear on my mind that I don't think I could ever forget, we see this black guy doing what appeared to be a break in into Gold's gym.  He was outback with both his hands up against the wall while looking up and shaking his head.  Oddly enough his pants were down to his knees and he had a pair of ReeBok pumps on.  Most would have figure that he was maybe getting a blow job or maybe jerking off, but my boys and I figured that since he is black, there is no telling if it was a blow job or maybe a new technique to break into an establishment.  It was too damn dark to be able to make out what the hell he was doing and the fact that he is a tinge black made it all the more difficult.  Anyhow, after a few minutes of peeking at this guy, trying to figure out if he was trying to break in, one of my boys pulls out his cell phone to call the cops and all of a sudden we notice this guy turn around while zipping up his pants.  To our surprise, it was none other than Charles Glass.  The man had decided to step out of his car to take a leak, to then only go back into his car and get another hour of sleep or so until he started his day at 4am.

Glass is truly hardcore..

P.S. When he pulled away from the wall, he looked a little like this..

Meltdown second to none
Here comes the money shot

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #54 on: November 03, 2007, 07:34:40 AM »
onemorerep always with the inside scoop of all things gay in bodybuilding.
Deep Tissue Massage

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #55 on: November 03, 2007, 07:43:39 AM »
onemorerep always with the inside scoop of all things gay in bodybuilding.

I wanna know if he painted that himself. 

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #56 on: November 03, 2007, 07:58:28 AM »
Not to destroy the myth, but.....Charles can be a nice guy, with an absolute bent toward helping the black guys.

Who has charles taken from obscurity to a pro card?  I cant think of anyone....what he does is take pros or near pros with exceptional genetics and cleans up the diet/training ....no magic....he was also the drug connection, which is why he was under house arrest for years.

If charles was such an outstanding trainer, why did Rico never amount to anything?...he was right there next to Flex and Chris the whole time.

How great a trainer do you have to be to take some one like Flex, with incredible genetics, with contracts, money, unlimited resources, motivated by the opportunity to win $100K at the Arnold/Olympia, and get them into shape?

And yes, i worked with Charles for a short time (years ago).....no info he gave me was earth shattering/anything Id not heard before....

Dont buy the hype...

He made immense strides with Gunter, remember that? He brought Gunter's back up considerably. It was actually because of him, that Guntermania (imaginary hype) took hold.

Combine the fact that Glass used to be a gymnast and used different angles to work the muscles differently, you say a different quality to the muscle that one didn't see when using conventional movements. Flex had said in his Hardbody  video, that he was working the muscles differently.

Most of the top guys are black, and he made a name for himself with helping Flex Wheeler for free.

insidescoop

• Getbig II
« Reply #57 on: November 03, 2007, 11:31:39 AM »
Guntermania was a result of Gunter finally getting in contest shape...he was shredded

Gunter has tremendous physical potential.....charles didnt exactly turn an apple into an orange....Gunter, for one, is one of the most powder puff trainers out there, its a rare day to see him use freeweights at all...have him train hard/heavy for three months, and hed finally exhibit some density....it wouldnt mean that Im mr trainer of champions

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #58 on: November 03, 2007, 12:12:45 PM »
Guntermania was a result of Gunter finally getting in contest shape...he was shredded

Gunter has tremendous physical potential.....charles didnt exactly turn an apple into an orange....Gunter, for one, is one of the most powder puff trainers out there, its a rare day to see him use freeweights at all...have him train hard/heavy for three months, and hed finally exhibit some density....it wouldnt mean that Im mr trainer of champions

True, but why was Gunter praising at the altar of Charles Glass. He stated that it was glass that got him into shape. Maybe it was Glass that convinced him to go heavy and try different angles, and he was willing to do what Glass, said, because unlike Joe Weider, Glass IS the "trainer of champions" No?   

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: November 03, 2007, 12:16:50 PM »
True, but why was Gunter praising at the altar of Charles Glass. He stated that it was glass that got him into shape. Maybe it was Glass that convinced him to go heavy and try different angles, and he was willing to do what Glass, said, because unlike Joe Weider, Glass IS the "trainer of champions" No?   
Maybe Glass released his secret knowledge about free weights.   ::)  Seriously, Gunter trained like a puss just like Wheeler and needed someone to change his plates and tell him to keep lifting. 
Squishy face retard

insidescoop

• Getbig II
« Reply #60 on: November 03, 2007, 12:43:26 PM »
Maybe Glass released his secret knowledge about free weights.   ::)  Seriously, Gunter trained like a puss just like Wheeler and needed someone to change his plates and tell him to keep lifting. 

dont buy into the mythology that the magazines try to perpetuate

these guys are drug dealers at best.....

ya know how when you were young you wanted to be a pro bodybuilder and live the glamorous life...well, its not what youd hoped....

Go to any pro (or amateur) show and see who really has the power.....the BB's are at the bottom....youll see how they have to suck up to the promotors, writers, photographers, trainers, supp company owners, "trainers"/ drug dealers....its sad......youd see these little guys that look like rats who seem to be good friends with all the pros...remember those little persian idiots that Cormier used to pal around with?....youd think a pro athlete with 22" arms would be a powerful man, but actually at the shows they are the ones that make all the sacrifices yet still have to suck up to pretty much everyone else there! 

Personally, there have been times when I was  at the top of my game, and Id have to act like I gave a "flying fuck" what Jon Lindsay, (as bitter and ugly as they get) thinks. 

Charles is an extension of that..seriously....do you guys think Charles has a special way of doing exercises?...there are only so many ways you can do a barbell curl!

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: November 03, 2007, 03:07:38 PM »

Charles is an extension of that..seriously....do you guys think Charles has a special way of doing exercises?...there are only so many ways you can do a barbell curl!

Yeah, watching many different videos shows that.  He thinks that doing decline skullcrushers are something new and innovative, same with many of his ideas on pressing.  You would think that Charles Glass invented stop presses (essentially lock outs used by PLs) and people like D James and Gunter made it sound like the best new invention.
Squishy face retard