Author Topic: Did Dog's son commit a felony in releasing the tape?  (Read 3387 times)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Re: Did Dog's son commit a felony in releasing the tape?
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2007, 10:51:19 PM »
as long as he didn't have a tortious purpose. invading somebody's privacy is a tort . . . don't know what the elements for invasion of pvcy are in hawaii, but he could probably make out a case.

although the son could defend by saying dog is a public figure.
public figure wouldn't nullify privacy laws would it?  I know it enables you to say things that you might not get away with otherwise. but...???

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2007, 10:51:45 PM »
read the rest of my posts, they're very illuminating.  ;)

then google invasion of privacy
I did...

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2007, 10:55:35 PM »
public figure wouldn't nullify privacy laws would it?  I know it enables you to say things that you might not get away with otherwise. but...???

dog's lawyer would have to show a privacy interest in the conversation.  since the public is interested in "dog," and not in a character he plays . . . it would be pretty easy for the son to defend on the grounds that the conversation was one that legitimately concerned the public.

so, tucker will probably not be going to prison. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2007, 11:22:03 PM »
dog's lawyer would have to show a privacy interest in the conversation.  since the public is interested in "dog," and not in a character he plays . . . it would be pretty easy for the son to defend on the grounds that the conversation was one that legitimately concerned the public.

so, tucker will probably not be going to prison. 
hmmm... I've read a little more into it and it seems this is so.  A supreme court case seems to back all this also.  But I'm sure he'll have a nice warm seat next to Brutus :D

rockyfortune

• Getbig IV
  • "look, it's the drunk piano player."
« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2007, 05:44:03 AM »
ask linda tripp..she knows all about taping phone conversations...
footloose and fancy free

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2007, 07:26:00 AM »
It's arguably worse.  What if his kid sees this girl as his future wife and mother of his kids?  Pretty cruel comments. 

Still, I cannot justify what the kid did. 

Damn it's amazing how you rush to judgement.

Have you even heard the tape?

Well I have, and Dog said the "n" word to explain how he says it but not in a racist fashion (yeah kinda like when black people say it all the time), he was urging his son to think about his future.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2007, 07:48:04 AM »
Damn it's amazing how you rush to judgement.

Have you even heard the tape?

Well I have, and Dog said the "n" word to explain how he says it but not in a racist fashion (yeah kinda like when black people say it all the time), he was urging his son to think about his future.

Oh please.  Yes I heard the tape.  The N word rolled off the man's tongue because it is a regular part of his vocabulary.  He was expressing his true feelings about people of the darker hue.  I doubt he refers to people of the lighter hue with derogatory names.  It is when the doors are closed and the crowds are gone that people show their true character. 

And then there is this from the National Enquirer (not exactly the paragon of accurate news, but they released the tape):

"DOG" RACISM SCANDAL GROWS -- FAMILY & FRIENDS COME FORWARD WITH MORE EXAMPLES

Dog the Bounty Hunter's vicious racial outburst shocked America, but it came as no surprise to those who have known him for years.

A former colleague, his ex wife, his step-daughter and an ex girlfriend have now come forward exclusively to The NATIONAL ENQUIRER revealing that Dog has been using racist language as long as they can remember. They have all heard it directly from him.

A&E network has pulled his show off the air but has not canceled it. Meanwhile, more shocking examples of Dog's racism are being revealed.

"I think Dog is a racist — no question," said Dog's former wife Lyssa Chapman. Lyssa was married to the fallen Dog the Bounty Hunter star from 1982-1991 and is the mother of three of his children, including Tucker, whose relationship with a black woman prompted Dog's venomous rant.

"He ran down every single minority group when I was with him, and n---er was a daily word for him," Lyssa told The NATIONAL ENQUIRER. "He called Mexican people 'beaners' or 'wetbacks' and Asian people 'flangeheads.'

"I would tell him not to talk that way in front of our kids, but he just ignored me."

Lyssa recalled an incident in Denver in which she says Dog lashed out at an interracial couple in a grocery store.

"Dog said to the woman, 'I know that's got to be your pimp! I know you wouldn't be f-----g him if you weren't getting paid!'

"They were husband and wife, but when the man started to object, Dog just went crazy, screaming at him, 'I'll kick your ass.'"

Dog also made his views clear to colleagues.

Peggy Munoz, now a private investigator in Lakewood, Colo., was a former bail bondsman working the same turf as Dog Chapman from 1989 to 2005.

She claims Dog once sat in her office and explained his "approach" to the bail bond business.

"Dog said, 'I don't like to bond out n----rs because they don't have any money and I have trouble collecting on them.

"'And I don't like to bond out Mexicans because, well, they just run.'"

Dog's step-daughter Nicole Gillespie, daughter of Dog's ex-wife Tawnee, says she regularly heard hateful language from Dog when she was growing up.

"My mother was half-Mexican, and if they fought, Dog would call her a 'dirty spic whore' and a 'dirty Mexican slut,'" said Nicole.

"I remember playing rap music at the house and he would shout, 'Turn that n....r s..t off my radio!'

"I don't think he likes gay people either, and he's always using the words 'queer' or 'homo.'

"That's what he taught his kids was the right way to talk. When they got older, they had to un-learn the racism that Dog taught them. It's sick. It's like a disease, and it spreads."

Gina Mederios was Chapman's live-in girlfriend for two and a half years, starting in 1995. She told The NATIONAL ENQUIRER: "I think Dog's a racist, no question. He used the word n....r all the time around the house. I wouldn't allow him to say it around me, because I wasn't raised that way."

http://www.nationalenquirer.com/dog_bounty_hunter_racism/celebrity/64337

WJ_Harley

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #32 on: November 07, 2007, 07:54:34 AM »
Dog spoke the truth.

He has nothing to be ashamed of.

WJH.
c

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #33 on: November 07, 2007, 07:57:27 AM »
Yep, these HIspanic women don't say n igg er, that's not right.  They say "myate" which makes it much better.  Give me a break.  Everyone wants thier 15 minutes and they are doing at his expense.  The thing about racism in this day and age and at a person to person level is that 1.) it will always exist, 2.) taking away his show won't change his attitude and 3.) every race/culture/ethnicity has it.
Squishy face retard

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2007, 08:02:20 AM »
Nothing funnier than a born again Christian Bigot

Go with Christ Brah!

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #35 on: November 07, 2007, 08:03:25 AM »
Nothing funnier than a born again Christian Bigot

Go with Christ Brah!
As opposed to the life-long variety that Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson represent?
Squishy face retard

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2007, 08:06:01 AM »
As opposed to the life-long variety that Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson represent?

no they are exactly the same - all born again Christian Bigots

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: November 07, 2007, 08:54:41 AM »
The funny part is Dog acts like he's an Indian?  I don't know if he has any in him, but he looks pretty white to me.  Reading through Beach's post above, holy crap, he hated most minorities and here he was playing Indian on TV...  ::)

He called Asian people flangeheads? LOLOL... I don't care, that's funny shit!  I see it now, Dog walking down the street, spots an asian and yells at him as he passes: "FLANGEHEAD!!!" Asian abrubtly jumps back into kung fu pose... they walk on both shaking their theads. LOL...

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: November 07, 2007, 03:22:55 PM »
Damn Dog is a cool mofo

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: November 07, 2007, 03:32:58 PM »
LOL, next time I get rear ended by an Asian chick, I'm going to call her a Flangehead :D  no not really, but it's funny to think of...  The stereotype on their driving skills is unfortunately extremely justified.  They drive down the road, completely oblivious to the task at hand, driving...