Author Topic: Whats going on with Matt Duvall?  (Read 22000 times)

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
Re: Whats going on with Matt Duvall?
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2007, 04:08:48 PM »
If Matt had the same energy he had back about 3-4 years ago he could have been one of todays top pros. He had size, he didnt have a gh guy, he was proportioned, and he had conditioning. Ever since he got mixed up with Bethany Howlet, it was all down hill from there. When he was an amateur, he had a nice contract with Muscle Tech, he was doing like 15-20 guest posings a year, and at shows he did sell alot of his pics.
In 2003 at the Mr Arizona, Matt guest posed at 315lbs, he was enormous. I was there, and the time I was about 285lbs (off season) and he dwarfed me. I remember we were both getting ready to do the  Mr USA , in 5 months . I was thinking holy, shit, how the fu$%$ I am going to beat this dude, lol.He was the same height as me, but 30lbs heavier, lol .The funny thing about it he was 315lbs, but he was pretty solid, and had some vascularity.
If Matt Duvall, had the same mind set he had in 2003 he could do some serious damage as a pro today. The guy has 24 inch arms, and legs to match.If he ever gets his head straight this guy could be dangerous, lol
Matt's arms are nowhere close to 24 inches, Cutler even made fun of him to his face in the Muscletech video when he was standing next to him dwarfing him he said, "well you know Matt does have the "largest arms in the world". ::)

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2007, 04:08:59 PM »
If I am not mistaken the car accidnet that nearly look his life, and he almost lost his arm happened before he turned pro. He was prepearing for the Mr USA, then the accident happened and it side lined him for about 8 months.
 My poing being is when Matt Duvall won the overall at Nationals, and when he competed at a national level, he would come in very hard.
If you look at the pic that Mike Arvilla posted of Mat, you see, a very big, but very soft bodybuilder. He lookes like he is either off season or like 7-8 weeks out from a contest.
If Matt Duvall had that same condition when he competed at Nationals, or evben the USA, he would even place in the top 15.
 My question is what is going on with Matt? Why is he so off? and if he was that off, why not do the smart  thing, and just not do the show.
I know Matt he is a smart guy, and he owns his own construction company, so he is no dumb ass.I think he either is going through a difficult time in his life, or his head is really messed up. No pro bodybuilder in there right mind, would get on stage being that off, unless they had to compete to because his sponsor told him he had to.
Either way, I hope Matt pulls it together, because he is a great athlete, and a really nice guy. ......God Bless ........John

Tell me why in the hell, if you like him so much, would you not just e-mail him or private message him these concerns?  You'd only present it this way if you had a beef with him.  If he IS going through shit, you think he wants the whole world talking about it on here?  

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2007, 04:14:29 PM »
perhaps he's living in the now and meeting a payroll.  different priorities.

GetItOnNY

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2007, 04:23:49 PM »
Have beef with Matt Duvall please,lol. Matt is one of the coolest laid back guys you could ever meet. If you read my post you would realise I have tremendous respect for Matt Duval.I used to talk to him all the time when he lived in Virginia, but then he moved, and I lost contact with him.My posts are in no way attacking Matt Duvall, they are suggesting, that he needs do what ever it takes to get his conditioning back.
In my posts I was just sugesting that maybe he is having personal issues, and if he is, I hope he clears them up. Matt Duval is a great person, and a great athlete, I pray that what ever is holding him back, he lets go of.Because if Matt got it together, he definatly could easily be a top 10 Mr O contender. god bless ......John

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2007, 04:37:37 PM »
Have beef with Matt Duvall please,lol. Matt is one of the coolest laid back guys you could ever meet. If you read my post you would realise I have tremendous respect for Matt Duval.I used to talk to him all the time when he lived in Virginia, but then he moved, and I lost contact with him.My posts are in no way attacking Matt Duvall, they are suggesting, that he needs do what ever it takes to get his conditioning back.
In my posts I was just sugesting that maybe he is having personal issues, and if he is, I hope he clears them up. Matt Duval is a great person, and a great athlete, I pray that what ever is holding him back, he lets go of.Because if Matt got it together, he definatly could easily be a top 10 Mr O contender. god bless ......John

I'm sure he'll love seeing this thread.  ::)

dorkeroo

• Getbig IV
  • I need steroids for the brain.
« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2007, 06:04:37 PM »
I'm sure he'll love seeing this thread.  ::)

To be fair, if Matt is a hard guy to get a hold of, if someone on this board, or a lurker knows Matt and sees this thread, maybe it would be a way to get in touch with the guy.

I doubt he had any nasty motives in posting this thread. I think he was curious and maybe someone out there can give Matt a heads up that his friend is looking for him.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2007, 06:41:11 PM »
Duvall hangs out with Bethany Carter Howlett? Great.

a

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2007, 06:46:43 PM »
MATT@280 LBS IN 2007

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2007, 06:50:28 PM »
Matt at the 2006 Olympia

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2007, 06:57:45 PM »
he looks great in those pics above
irongearco.com

GetItOnNY

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2007, 08:22:39 PM »
As you can see from the pics Mike Arvilla posted Matt has a nice physique. He has huge arms, big legs, big calves, and he has no gh gut what at all.Trust me I competed against this guy, he can come in very big, very hard, and has good detail.
As far as his arms beng 24" I would say off season I would say so. My arms at 285-290 lbs were over 21" and his arms were atleast 2-3" bigger then mine. Plus you have to in account that Matt has a large bone structure, like me he has big wrists. The reason why I know this in one of our conversations, I noticed he had the same tatoo as Trever Smith on his wrists. It was a triangle, with words like Discpline amoungst other positive affermations.
Matt was good friends with Trevor Smith, and ever followed Trevors BFT, Beyond Failure Training.
In my opinion I would rather have Matt Duvalls physique rather then 90% of all bodybuilders including Jay Cutler. His physique reminds me of the bodybuilders of the 1980's, just a bigger version.Like I said before and I will say it again, once Matt Duval pulls it together, and comes in a contest in shape, I think he will easily be a top 10 if not top 5 Mr O contender

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2007, 08:23:38 PM »
VIDEO: Matt explains car accident,and shows how he trains arms

&mode=related&search=

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2007, 09:35:08 PM »
Matt seemed like a nice guy. His physique is good, but the pec tear will always throw it off a bit. Ive seen that muscletech dvd, says he does like 100 rep sets for biceps and triceps. Also says that he once curled a 140lb pair of dumbbells.
No doubt about it...

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #38 on: November 07, 2007, 12:38:42 AM »
All the gear in the world can't make the hardest working gym rat a top 10 pro if he has awful genetics.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #39 on: November 07, 2007, 08:11:12 AM »
i dwarf matt...sike...he looked good there...im not sure what he is missing. but its something

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: November 07, 2007, 08:36:26 AM »
i dwarf matt...sike...he looked good there...im not sure what he is missing. but its something

what's missing is part of his right bi and left pec.

also missing is the necessary upper body development (especially back and delts) to balance out his wide waist.

matt is not going to ever be a factor on aesthetics. with his genes he needs to be a mass monster (not just a very large bber), which his body is not going to let him do.

he should go see mcmahon and see if he can get a bad acting wrestling career going.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #41 on: November 07, 2007, 08:44:49 AM »
what's missing is part of his right bi and left pec.

also missing is the necessary upper body development (especially back and delts) to balance out his wide waist.

matt is not going to ever be a factor on aesthetics. with his genes he needs to be a mass monster (not just a very large bber), which his body is not going to let him do.

he should go see mcmahon and see if he can get a bad acting wrestling career going.

well he aint the most symetrical bber on the planet...but i think youre right...he should just be a big mofo

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: November 07, 2007, 10:22:33 AM »
he used to post here, but ran off one day.
You can thank Sf for that!

He has his dad's company he works for...he's making money. BB isn't important to him anymore I guess. When he was an ameture he WANTED it. He was aggressive and hungry. Once he got that little blue paper 'Monopoly' looking card that says IFBB Pro he probably though...'WTF? All that for this? It isn't even lamenated!'.

It's a shame to hear he got all fucked up over a walrus like Bethany Howl-lett(Praise Be Her Name!)

I agree, though...all his PRO shows he came in looking 14 weeks OUT.
?

GetItOnNY

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #43 on: November 07, 2007, 04:59:13 PM »
I dont know any guy in there right mind who would date Bethany Howlet.She was dating John Romano in 2005.She had the nerve to wear a tight t-shirt saying ,Fuck bodybuilders,I am dating John Romaono.Or something to that extent.
I remember when was Matt was dating her, he would get embarrassed about the language she would use. She has a friggin mouth like a trucker. Being the nice reserved guy Matt is he would not say anything, then after she would leave .He then apologise for her language .When she would talk even other word out of her mouth was fuc%$, sh$#$ , Bit#$#.Every guy that dated said she would only come around when she wanted money, or something.Not one person who dated her said ANYTHING good about her.They say she  constantly lies, is unstable, and her were abouts on numerious occassion are unknown.Its a shame guy who is a great athlete, and nice guy ike Matt Duvall got mixed up with such a messed up woman.
Matt is a very positive guy, and I think he thought he could change her.By taking her to church, and treating her with respect.
But a player is always going to be a player.If a girl has been corrupt, and manipulative for 35+ years, trust me your not going to change her.Awoman like her is like a boat, the 2 best days you have with them is the day you buy, them or meet, then and the day you sell them or leave them.

Fulgorre

• Getbig III
« Reply #44 on: November 07, 2007, 05:05:31 PM »
What going on with Matt Duvall? I competed against him at the USA, and at that time he would come ripped and hard. After atleast 6 attempts at nationals he finally earned his pro card. He was so big, and had so much potential before he turned pro, that he already had a full contract with Muscle Tech, and was doing alot of guest posing apprearences. I saw him guest pose in AZ, the year he won nationals, and he was enormous, and looked lie a promising pro.
I just saw pics of him from the Atlantic City Pro Which was just a few months ago, and he looked pretty bad. What happened? When he was an ametueur, he wasnt the most symertical guy, but he was very big, and always came in very hard. I think he has done 2or 3 pro shows, and all of them he is really really soft. I feel bad for the guy because I met Matt on numerious occasion and he is really nice down to earth guy. If I looked at off as he did when he did those shows, the day of the show, I would drop out, and say I got sick or something, rather then get on stage and look that bad.
If you look at the Atlantic City Pro show pics, Matt looks , flat smooth, and like an off season bodybuilder.
I know when he did his first pro show, the Night of Champions,  he was just breaking up with Bethany Howlet.So his head was realy messed up, thats why he was so off.We talked on the phone numerious times before the show, and he was upset, and hurt I guess he loved her, but Bethany is not the kind of girl you can fall in love with and everything is all rosey as you guys all know.She is abut as stable as chair with 2 legs, lol .
That was like 3- 4years ago, since then I heard he found a nice new girl and was doing well. But after loooking at the Atlantic City Pro pics on Bodybuilding.com, of him I am a little concenred. I dont think anybody in there right mind would step on a pro stage being that off.
I know you guys are the kngs of photo shop and cut and pasting, so can one of you pease post pics of Matt Duvall from the Atlantic City Pro. Then you will see what I am talking about.

Once you can keep yourself from having feelings for the empty shell ones then you got control.  It is sad, and I've seen it many times, when a guy is dating some whore and the poor bastard actually develops feelings for her.  Then when she is out taking her panties off and pleasuring other men, and the guy finds out, his little heart is broken.  There are some incredible women out there but I've learned they are few and far between in today's society.  Sucks but that is the reality of things.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #45 on: November 07, 2007, 05:31:40 PM »
she sings in choir at The McLean Bible Church

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #46 on: November 07, 2007, 05:41:00 PM »
I dont know any guy in there right mind who would date Bethany Howlet.She was dating John Romano in 2005.She had the nerve to wear a tight t-shirt saying ,Fuck bodybuilders,I am dating John Romaono.Or something to that extent.
I remember when was Matt was dating her, he would get embarrassed about the language she would use. She has a friggin mouth like a trucker. Being the nice reserved guy Matt is he would not say anything, then after she would leave .He then apologise for her language .When she would talk even other word out of her mouth was fuc%$, sh$#$ , Bit#$#.Every guy that dated said she would only come around when she wanted money, or something.Not one person who dated her said ANYTHING good about her.They say she  constantly lies, is unstable, and her were abouts on numerious occassion are unknown.Its a shame guy who is a great athlete, and nice guy ike Matt Duvall got mixed up with such a messed up woman.
Matt is a very positive guy, and I think he thought he could change her.By taking her to church, and treating her with respect.
But a player is always going to be a player.If a girl has been corrupt, and manipulative for 35+ years, trust me your not going to change her.Awoman like her is like a boat, the 2 best days you have with them is the day you buy, them or meet, then and the day you sell them or leave them.

birds of a feather....

GetItOnNY

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #47 on: November 07, 2007, 05:54:10 PM »
Yes Bethany Howlet, is a virgin, a PHD, a chiropractor, actress, Model, pastor, head of the choir, shelped help Al Gore with global Warming,she won a Nobel PeACE prize,she was Mother Teresa's personal advisor,She also advised and was best friends with Lady Diana,She was like 16 masters degress, and 12 bachelors degrees,she is a 6th degree black belt in 5 diffrent martial arts. She has 304 certifications in training, in Yoga, Pilates, Areobics.etc,etc, etc Heck she even training Lance Armstong,

cswol

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #48 on: November 07, 2007, 06:07:01 PM »
john, whats going on, the influx of extreme labs supplements are no longer available, its a bad thing that they are no longer readily available like they were, you must be losing money.

aussiepro

• Getbig III
« Reply #49 on: November 07, 2007, 06:10:34 PM »
last i heard he was going into wrestling. i looked forward to seeing him in the ring. oh well
there's no magic pills... just needles