Author Topic: 8 injured after anti-Hugo Chavez march  (Read 3022 times)

Livewire

• Getbig IV
  • I call Nasser.
Re: 8 injured after anti-Hugo Chavez march
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2007, 04:05:36 AM »
and for that matter loco -

why doesn't the media talk about Darfur's leaders all the time, where millions have been slaughtered?

I've never heard their leader's name once.  You'd think in a place where millions more are killed, that leader would be WAY more evil, and talked about way more?

This doesn't pass the smell test, loco, if we only hate him cause he oppresses his own people.  What is the real reason?  how has he affected US in ANY way?
Nasser called Palumbo an acromegalion

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2007, 05:42:31 AM »
LOL... so we hate him so bad, cause he's rough on his people?

Dude, most leaders treat their people like shit.  Is that it?  He has violated their free speech rights and killed a few?  Come on.  In other countries we see genocide.   

Is that really why we hate him, loco?  Cause he hurts his own people?  When have we ever given a shit about that in the past?

Who is we?  The US?  Are you an American?  Then I ask you, why do you hate him?  I don't hate him.  I don't hate anybody.  I don't want him dead.  I'm just speaking the truth.  He is a corrupt, Castro wannabe.  Chavez is turning Venezuela's economy into a personal bank account.  If he is so concerned about the poor, why is he spending the country's money on weapons?

And on the video Berserker posted, even the British narrator admits that Chavez has denied his people rights and liberties, then the British guy goes on to justify it by saying "But Chavez says it's only temporary in order to accelerate reform."    ::)

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2007, 07:42:08 AM »
And on the video Berserker posted, even the British narrator admits that Chavez has denied his people rights and liberties, then the British guy goes on to justify it by saying "But Chavez says it's only temporary in order to accelerate reform."    ::)
That's the same sort of justification given by the Bush administration for violating our constitutional rights with the Patriot Acts:  he does these things to protect us from terrorists.  As soon as that infinite abstraction (terrorism) is gone, then so is the erosion of our rights.  Right to Privacy, Freedom from arbitrary searches (not based on probable cause), etc.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2007, 07:44:37 AM »
That's the same sort of justification given by the Bush administration for violating our constitutional rights with the Patriot Acts:  he does these things to protect us from terrorists.  As soon as that infinite abstraction (terrorism) is gone, then so is the erosion of our rights.  Right to Privacy, Freedom from arbitrary searches (not based on probable cause), etc.

Ron Paul for President in 2008!   ;D

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2007, 09:20:07 AM »
Americans?  I don't know.  Ask an American.

I can tell you he has hurt, and he is hurting Venezuelans.
epic bias... Please tell us where you get your information... Make your case against Hugo ::)  Probably the media here which could be considered absolutely racist for it's inability to cover a single Hugo Chavez supporter. The media is a real piece of shit, they'll talk up a storm on a 10,000 anti Chavez march and completely let it slip their mind and forget to show you pro-Chavez marches that dwarf the other.  They'll talk up a storm about killings of anti Chavez guys, but completely skip out on the killings that came from anti-Chavez guys.  oops, they forgot to mention that, but I'm sure it wasn't intentional...BULLSHIT.. .  In fact it has been shown (caught on tape from another angle) that the pro-Chavez gunmen caught on camera shooting into the anti Chavez march was pure fabrication... FROM THE OTHER ANGLE, it was shown that the pro-chavez guys were trying to take out the shooter!!!!  They knew this!!! Yet they released it to the media with the bullshit angle and the world was told, Chavez is shooting into marches... Bla, come on.... Did the media show us all the dead pro-Chavez men in the streets when the anti-Chavez guys took control for a day?  Nope, that's right, nowhere on American TV... The ONLY people you hear from are the ones out for his neck...  No big shock so many think like you do under that kind of epic bullshit.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2007, 09:53:56 AM »
epic bias... Please tell us where you get your information... Make your case against Hugo ::)  Probably the media here which could be considered absolutely racist for it's inability to cover a single Hugo Chavez supporter. The media is a real piece of shit, they'll talk up a storm on a 10,000 anti Chavez march and completely let it slip their mind and forget to show you pro-Chavez marches that dwarf the other.  They'll talk up a storm about killings of anti Chavez guys, but completely skip out on the killings that came from anti-Chavez guys.  oops, they forgot to mention that, but I'm sure it wasn't intentional...BULLSHIT.. .  In fact it has been shown (caught on tape from another angle) that the pro-Chavez gunmen caught on camera shooting into the anti Chavez march was pure fabrication... FROM THE OTHER ANGLE, it was shown that the pro-chavez guys were trying to take out the shooter!!!!  They knew this!!! Yet they released it to the media with the bullshit angle and the world was told, Chavez is shooting into marches... Bla, come on.... Did the media show us all the dead pro-Chavez men in the streets when the anti-Chavez guys took control for a day?  Nope, that's right, nowhere on American TV... The ONLY people you hear from are the ones out for his neck...  No big shock so many think like you do under that kind of epic bullshit.

I like you, Berserker, in a heterosexual kinda way.  So I hope you don't take my posts as an attack.    ;D

Everybody is bias.  Chavez is no saint, but neither are his opponents.  Even the British guy narrating the video is bias.  So, Castro and Chavez say "f-you, USA!  I will exploit our own poor just as you've done, but I will keep the nation's wealth to myself, and I will not share any of it with you any longer."  And that makes them heroes?  Sure, people love them because they have balls to stand up to the US, but they are still crooks who starve the poor. 

It's very hard to tell who is telling the truth.  Both sides tell some truths, and both sides tell lots of lies.  But if anyone here thinks that things are so well in Cuba and in Venezuela, I challenge you to change your citizenship, move to one of those countries, get a job there, and live on a Cuban or Venezuelan salary.  Then you'll be closer to the truth.

Berserker,  the bad thing is the other side in Venezuela is just as bad.  They are both corrupt.  I see no hope for Venezuela.  It's like we are cursed to continue our never ending cycle of going from a dictatorship to a democracy, then back to a dictatorship.  People are just too corrupt.  If we can't rule ourselves, our own lives, then somebody else will rule over us and run our lives.