Author Topic: BROCCOLI!  (Read 6303 times)

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
BROCCOLI!
« on: November 09, 2007, 07:07:52 PM »
how do you guys like your broccoli, aka the king of veggies and the only acceptable binge food! =)

for me, i like it raw, and fresh, and cold. but i LOVE cooked broccoli with granulated garlic spread over the top...and its even better with japanese hot sauce(sriracha, or the rooster sauce, if you can get it!).

how do you gusy like your broccoli...im always looking for new recipes!

Obvious Gimmick

• Getbig V
  • I'd hit it
Re: BROCCOLI!
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2007, 07:30:32 PM »
you are speaking my language!!  :D

Now, I'm a simpleton with cooking, so my fav broc. recipe consists of a head of the stuff, a red pepper ( cut into strips), 2 crushed garlic cloves, salt and olive oil:

bake that beast for about 10 minutes at 400: throw a slab of beef next to it and invite me over!!

It's Kosher too!

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2007, 07:31:35 PM »
shiiiittttt im going to go cook that right now!

come back in ten minutes formy review of your recipe!

Krusader

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2007, 07:34:50 PM »
works for me.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2007, 08:11:06 PM »
so i didnt have any red peppers and i used a little bit of thinfat from vpx instead of olive oil...

but it was awesome!

Obvious Gimmick

• Getbig V
  • I'd hit it
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2007, 09:49:06 PM »
thats what I'm talking about kid! I'm such A Broc Freak, once i dehydrated it when i was at post (im in the military) to eat it a few days later. it was fuckin' vile, the worst thing ever!! still a joke with us. Broccoli boy!!

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2007, 12:46:51 AM »
how do you bring it with you on the go? just in a bag and in a cooler, or what? and is there any special "on-the-go" recipes or spices or anything that you would recommend?

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2007, 07:07:44 PM »
how do you bring it with you on the go? just in a bag and in a cooler, or what? and is there any special "on-the-go" recipes or spices or anything that you would recommend?

Steam a bunch and keep it in the fridge.  Take some with you in a microwavable container and keep in your cooler.  You can ALWAYS find a microwave if you're resourceful like those larger quick mart type gas stations.
:

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2007, 09:42:33 PM »
yeah, i streamed it in the microwave, then i add cheese.
A

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2007, 10:12:44 PM »
I can't believe you people enjoy broccoli.  :-\  there isn't enough cheese  to make it taste good.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2007, 11:50:00 PM »
how do you guys like your broccoli, aka the king of veggies and the only acceptable binge food! =)

for me, i like it raw, and fresh, and cold. but i LOVE cooked broccoli with granulated garlic spread over the top...and its even better with japanese hot sauce(sriracha, or the rooster sauce, if you can get it!).

how do you gusy like your broccoli...im always looking for new recipes!

Broccoli is gross, and I think it will outlive even cockroaches - broccoli has been found growing near Volcanoes in Italy over lava ashes. I find it's taste to be extremely offensive, but I eat it every day because it's loaded with sulforanes, which are potent detoxifiers, as well as with potent flavonoids and several vitamins/minerals.

The best way to eat broccoli is raw; no sense cooking a food that does not require cooking - cooking destroys practically all flavones, falvonoids, sulforanes, sulfranoles, gallactins, catechins and other good stuff from plants, so only cook foods that have lots of bacteria and verms in it, like meat and eggs. The best broccoli is actually not broccoli, but broccoli sprouts, which contain 10 to 20 times the amount of beneficial stuff per weight than regular broccoli. :)

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Faust

• Getbig IV
  • It's a league game, Smokey
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2007, 01:37:42 AM »
Interesting.

I will add this to my diet. I hardly eat any vegetables, and i was thinking about adding some.
Good link: http://startcooking.com/blog/91/How-to-Cook-Broccoli

Seems like i will go with microwaving it. Some lemon juice or a topping will probably ease the flavour.

My mother used to make it with a thick white sauce, delicious :p
$

Obvious Gimmick

• Getbig V
  • I'd hit it
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2007, 06:49:36 PM »
sorry if this is dated news, but i just got my mag today: decent article in the December issue of MD about broc and its benefits

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2007, 07:20:53 PM »
Interesting.

I will add this to my diet. I hardly eat any vegetables, and i was thinking about adding some.
Good link: http://startcooking.com/blog/91/How-to-Cook-Broccoli

Seems like i will go with microwaving it. Some lemon juice or a topping will probably ease the flavour.

My mother used to make it with a thick white sauce, delicious :p

dude what the fuck is the point of microwaving a vegetable that your trying to eat for nutrtion? it destroys everything.

Obvious Gimmick

• Getbig V
  • I'd hit it
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2007, 07:23:59 PM »
dude what the fuck is the point of microwaving a vegetable that your trying to eat for nutrtion? it destroys everything.

agreed raw is better, but a short bit (under a minute) in the micro isnt going to suck all the nutrients out.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2007, 09:24:57 PM »
agreed raw is better, but a short bit (under a minute) in the micro isnt going to suck all the nutrients out.

i dont knwo why you think that, but it will. slightly steaming them wont, but microwaving, your doing to denature everything, its not even close to normal.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2007, 09:29:07 PM »
  Broccoli is gross, and I think it will outlive even cockroaches - broccoli has been found growing near Volcanoes in Italy over lava ashes. I find it's taste to be extremely offensive, but I eat it every day because it's loaded with sulforanes, which are potent detoxifiers, as well as with potent flavonoids and several vitamins/minerals.

The best way to eat broccoli is raw; no sense cooking a food that does not require cooking - cooking destroys practically all flavones, falvonoids, sulforanes, sulfranoles, gallactins, catechins and other good stuff from plants, so only cook foods that have lots of bacteria and verms in it, like meat and eggs. The best broccoli is actually not broccoli, but broccoli sprouts, which contain 10 to 20 times the amount of beneficial stuff per weight than regular broccoli. :)

does cooking destroy all the ellectinine, proplyines, ememnsners, akhkdhfkka, sdkfskhs, and kajkdjfakfinines too?

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2007, 09:38:42 PM »
does cooking destroy all the ellectinine, proplyines, ememnsners, akhkdhfkka, sdkfskhs, and kajkdjfakfinines too?

no

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2007, 02:26:32 AM »
Does boiling an egg kill some of the protein?
No doubt about it...

1Fast400

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2007, 06:24:21 AM »
I eat a ton of it so I go the lazy way.  Open 2 bags, toss it on the stove for 5 minutes and then bag it.  I undercook my chicken as well. Since everything is reheated, keeps it from being so dry.

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2007, 07:15:21 AM »
I eat my chicken semi cooked...I like it sorta pink inside...it is a myth that it has to be cooked fully to keep from getting sick. I never had any problems.

BigCypriate

• Getbig IV
  • F****n Peasants!
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2007, 07:18:53 AM »
I eat my chicken semi cooked...I like it sorta pink inside...it is a myth that it has to be cooked fully to keep from getting sick. I never had any problems.

You are a warrior!!!!!!

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2007, 07:26:00 AM »
You are a warrior!!!!!!

;D   HARDCORE

BigCypriate

• Getbig IV
  • F****n Peasants!
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2007, 07:52:27 AM »