Author Topic: Ortiz Says UFC Doesn't Want Fighters To Get More Power  (Read 1648 times)

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
Ortiz Says UFC Doesn't Want Fighters To Get More Power
« on: November 11, 2007, 06:45:52 PM »
"When I lost to Chuck Liddell I took a step down. When I fought Rashad (Evans) I thought I won the fight. It was supposed to happen again, but it ain’t happening. I looked at a thing on UFC.tv and it said the lightheavyweights are Rashad vs (Michael) Bisbing and there were others that were contenders, but my picture wasn’t on it. They are just trying to hold on and make sure the fighters don’t get more powerful. I am going to work to get the right fights and that belt will be around my waist."
Z

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
Re: Ortiz Says UFC Doesn't Want Fighters To Get More Power
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2007, 06:46:45 PM »
Full interview here:

Tito Ortiz has been the champ before, but that isn't stopping him from helping another young fighter one day possibly reach the top.

The UFC veteran was in Edmonton yesterday coaching a four seminar for local young fighters to learn from one of mixed martial arts legends.

"I have been in this business for 10 years, but I want to come out and show these young guys how to get better," said Ortiz.

"The sport of MMA doesn't have a lot of ambassadors and I want to be one of them."

Ortiz didn't hold back for the 85 patrons who signed up for the seminar. He spent time teaching different fighting methods and techniques and he also opened up and talked about the good and bad parts of the business and how he was able to make it big. He talked about some of his previous fights as well as proper prepartion before a fight and proper nutrition.

"I want to see this sport grow and I want to see other champions. I am not going to hold onto the stuff I know."

Ortiz, 32, is a former UFC light-heavyweight champion, but lost his title to Randy Couture in 2003.

He hasn't been able to reach the pinnacle since then, but in fairness to Ortiz, he hasn't been given much of a chance from UFC president Dana White, who has almost outcast the former champ from ever getting a chance at the title.

"When I lost to Chuck Liddell I took a step down. When I fought Rashad (Evans) I thought I won the fight. It was supposed to happen again, but it ain't happening," said Ortiz, who holds a career 15-5-1 record.

"I looked at a thing on UFC.tv and it said the lightheavyweights are Rashad vs (Michael) Bisby and there were others that were contenders, but my picture wasn't on it."

"They are just trying to hold on and make sure the fighters don't get more powerful. I am going to work to get the right fights and that belt will be around my waist."

Ortiz hopes to be back in the octagon by February, hopefully taking on the winner of the Rashad, Bisby fight.
Z

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2007, 04:05:19 PM »
the guy is a nut. he should give up on that belt rampage would kill him.
irongearco.com

nuyork143

• Getbig III
  • Ill get inside your face...
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2007, 04:21:47 PM »

I love Tito, but he needs to stick to coaching.  His time has come and gone...
Listen here SMALL BALLS!!

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2007, 06:43:19 PM »
yes i have finally heard it from a tito fan. i agree with you. the competition is just to great right now. he was a great fighter but game has evolved
irongearco.com

nuyork143

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2007, 06:50:00 PM »
yes i have finally heard it from a tito fan. i agree with you. the competition is just to great right now. he was a great fighter but game has evolved

I think this is the first time we have agreed on anything... ;D

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2007, 07:48:46 AM »

actually he has a win over wandy, who has two wins over rampage.....

I'd pay to see tito in there against either wandy again or jackson.....

beats the hell out of expecting to pay for crap like bisping and evans !

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2007, 08:44:59 AM »
i agree almost anythings better than bisping vs evans. however just because tito beat wandy years ago and wandy beat rampage doesn't mean he has a chance against rampage. different times differnet fighter different rules. tito is done
irongearco.com

nuyork143

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2007, 02:22:36 PM »
actually he has a win over wandy, who has two wins over rampage.....

I'd pay to see tito in there against either wandy again or jackson.....

beats the hell out of expecting to pay for crap like bisping and evans !

Geo, please dont start the MMA math... :-\

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2007, 02:41:13 PM »
Geo, please dont start the MMA math... :-\

sometimes that math makes things more interesting considering the ufc in general has come to almost a screeching halt as far as potential match ups go.

I'm more interested in Hatton/floyd right now anyways.....

all this dana "drama/soap opera" is killin my interest for the time being !

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2007, 03:31:21 PM »
yes we all know that mma math does not add up.
irongearco.com