Author Topic: Dow Crash Coming To Your 401K (2007 to 2022)  (Read 466477 times)

TerminalPower

• Getbig III
Re: Dow crash coming to your 401k..........
« Reply #1400 on: September 17, 2008, 09:44:02 AM »
BTW, since both TerminalPutz and FatAlbert23 have proven themselves completely USELESS in this thread, i will NO LONGER address their "posts."

NT

She has surrendered to the idea he is being stumped. 

She lied to all of you and said I made recommendations and couldn't back it up.

I applaud her efforts and she is doing the right thing.  Lets see if she is a woman of her word...

stormshadow

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1401 on: September 17, 2008, 09:47:37 AM »
She has surrendered to the idea he is being stumped. 

She lied to all of you and said I made recommendations and couldn't back it up.

I applaud her efforts and she is doing the right thing.  Lets see is she is a woman of her word...

I got some money and want to lose 30% of it... You have anymore funds you can reccomend?

TerminalPower

• Getbig III
« Reply #1402 on: September 17, 2008, 09:57:55 AM »
I got some money and want to lose 30% of it... You have anymore funds you can reccomend?

HAHAHA!  Nice one.

...I don't know your risk tolerance,

I don't know your cash positioning,

I don't know your long term investment goals,

I don't know your short term investment goals,

I don't know what you are currently invested in and I don't know any financial information pertaining to you.

Based off these considerations, I NEVER RECOMMEND STOCKS, BONDS, or MUTUAL FUNDS or any other SEPCIFIC investement vehicles. 

TerminalPower

• Getbig III
« Reply #1403 on: September 17, 2008, 10:23:20 AM »
SS, how's the market performing today ?  ;)

NT

GetBig readers:  Clearly from this post by NT you can see how happy and invested in demise, hopelessness, and peril she is.

This is what happens when people like NT INVEST themselves in demise.  They revel in it (incorrectly I might add) when they perceive a one day market index going lower.

Day after day, post after post from NT shows that she is not interested in anything more than her cynical subjective opinion. 

Her signature represents just as much of a fraud, as she is.

EDIT: after recognizing how worthless her post was she has decided (wisely I might add) to delete the post.  I will leave it up for all to see and to further illustrate my point about NT. 

Enjoy!

Sorry NT, I got it before you could delete it HAHA!

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1404 on: September 17, 2008, 10:28:07 AM »
GBers, certain Stock Brokers are shitting in their respective pants right now.

NT

TerminalPower

• Getbig III
« Reply #1405 on: September 17, 2008, 10:29:47 AM »
GBers, certain Stock Brokers are shitting in their respective pants right now.  ;D

Hahaaaa !

NT

Yes mine has made a lot of money but it's worth my 21% ROI YTD! 

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
Re: Dow crash coming to your 401k
« Reply #1406 on: September 17, 2008, 01:26:20 PM »
Gbers, no real surprise to us, the Dow was DOWN another 453 points. No change in our plan. Markets down (Dow) nearly 4,000 points since the thread started. as i i've said before, the market will dictate when we go from Bearish to Bullish.

TerminalPutz, i'm DONE arguing with you. unless you can add more than criticism or a list of stocks that Yahoo.com said returned 43%.....STFU. providing information to GBers BEFORE a Fund moves up is important......not after.

this thread was started to help the AVERAGE investor. i talk about the overall market. NOT commodities. if you'd like to help out members with a commodities thread, that would be great.   

NT

Dow Drops 453 points as Lending Freezes Up Following AIG Takeover 

Sept. 17  U.S. stocks tumbled 453 points as bank lending seized up in the wake of the government's takeover of American International Group Inc., raising concern that more of the nation's biggest financial companies will fail.

Yields on three-month Treasury bills sank to a 54-year low as investors sought the relative safety of government debt, and a measure of corporate borrowing costs surged to the highest since the crash of 1987.

It's ugly,'' said Michael Mullaney, a Boston-based money manager for Fiduciary Trust Co., which oversees $10 billion in stocks and bonds. It's about the worst I've seen it in 25 years

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1407 on: September 17, 2008, 01:48:58 PM »
Sept 17 Washington Mutual, the nation's largest thrift, has put itself up for sale, the New York Times reported on Wednesday, citing unidentified people briefed on the matter.

NT

stormshadow

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1408 on: September 17, 2008, 02:50:51 PM »
HAHAHA!  Nice one.

...I don't know your risk tolerance,

I don't know your cash positioning,

I don't know your long term investment goals,

I don't know your short term investment goals,

I don't know what you are currently invested in and I don't know any financial information pertaining to you.

Based off these considerations, I NEVER RECOMMEND STOCKS, BONDS, or MUTUAL FUNDS or any other SEPCIFIC investement vehicles. 

Translation:  BUY-BUY-BUY

NEVER a signal to sell from minions like you... EVER!

NT told the Average investor in a 401k to get out, back in Nov 12, 2007.

Dow is well under 11,000 now.

All my coworkers have lost 20% + on their 401k's

But that's right, it will go back up right? right?  I mean thats a law of the universe, that stocks always go up right?

S&P averaged 3.7% for the last 10 years.

in the meantime, BUY STOCK

You add no value and Parrot information that is HARMFUL (30% LOSS) to average investors that do not know better. 

Please go away. 

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1409 on: September 17, 2008, 05:05:40 PM »
Banks are not the only ones struggling in the growing financial crisis. The fund established to insure their deposits is also feeling the pinch, and the taxpayer may be the lender of last resort.

The Federal Deposit Insurance Corp., whose insurance fund has slipped below the minimum target level set by Congress, could be forced to tap tax dollars through a Treasury Department loan if Washington Mutual Inc., the nation's largest thrift, or another struggling rival fails, economists and industry analysts said Tuesday.

NT

stormshadow

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1410 on: September 17, 2008, 09:19:48 PM »
Oh I got it...you are a NT's gimmick account.  So predictable. 

You have no integrity.

Show me again where anything I said was buy buy buy?

You fucking idiot....thanks for the laugh enjoy & the above highlighted (red) for your viewing pleasure.

Give us your next round of picks, -30% return was impressive, can you get it down to -20% this next time around?  I would have to take up a second job to be able to afford to follow your investment advice.

NT has been saying for almost a year now to stay out, and EVERYDAY he posts news to back his position.

You come on this thread with the "feeling" that things aren't so bad, that there are plenty of good "buys" then proceed to give a list of funds that lose 30%

You have Brain Damage... Go away now.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #1411 on: September 17, 2008, 10:55:07 PM »
Washington Mutual, the struggling savings and loan, has been working on several efforts to save itself, including a potential sale, people briefed on the matter said Wednesday.

Goldman Sachs, which Washington Mutual has hired, started the process several days ago, these people said. Among the potential bidders that Goldman has talked to are Wells Fargo, JPMorgan Chase and HSBC. But no buyers may materialize. That could force the government to place Washington Mutual into conservatorship, like IndyMac, or find a bridge-bank solution, which was extended to thrifts in the new housing regulations.

Citigroup is also considering an offer, but would likely be able to buy Washington Mutual only if it emerged from a receivership, according to a person close to the situation. JPMorgan is maintaining its posture that it will not bid unless it receives government support, according to another person briefed on the matter.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #1412 on: September 18, 2008, 12:21:44 AM »
crap >:( My annual return is down to 32% on investopedia.  I've been up over 100 for quite a while.  I made my picks around the start of the year. I guess I'm not doing to bad, maybe time to play for real.

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1413 on: September 18, 2008, 02:55:36 AM »
Gbers, with the market tanking nearly 1,000 points in 3 days, a short cover rally would not be unexpected.

NT

TerminalPower

• Getbig III
« Reply #1414 on: September 18, 2008, 07:03:45 AM »
Central Banks Intervene in Financial Markets

At least six major central banks pumped billions of dollars of extra credit into financial markets amid fears that this week's crisis was drying up liquidity.

On Thursday, Sept. 18, the European Central Bank in Frankfurt said its dollar funding operations would more than double from the existing $50 billion (34 billion euros) to $110 billion.

The Bank of England said it would pump $40 billion into money markets as part of the move coordinated with the US Federal Reserve.

"These measures, together with other actions taken in the last few days by individual central banks, are designed to improve the liquidity conditions in global financial markets," the Bank of England said.

Moves aim to improve liquidity

The Bank of Japan conducted a currency swap deal with the Federal Reserve worth $60 billion in order to provide dollar funds to financial institutions.

The bank also injected 2.5 trillion yen ($23.9 billion) into the money market Thursday to stabilize Japanese markets affected by the fallout from the Monday collapse of US investment bank Lehman Brothers.

BOJ had pumped 5.5 trillion yen into the markets over the previous two days.

The ECB said the measures were "designed to address elevated pressures in the short-term US dollar funding markets" and "improve the liquidity conditions in global financial markets."

Speculation on Morgan Stanley

It said the ECB would obtain up to 40 billion dollars from the Federal Reserve by a swap.

Other participating banks were the Bank of Canada and the Swiss National Bank.

European share prices steadied after the cash injections.

Robert Halver, a markets analyst at Baader Bank, said in Frankfurt, "The central banks are letting liquidity flood through every crack to stop the domino effect among financial institutions."

He was referring to the series of crises that culminated Thursday in British bank Lloyds taking over mortgage lender Halifax Bank of Scotland for 12.2 billion pounds (15.3 billion euros; $22.2 billion).

There was speculation that Morgan Stanley of the United States might be the next merger candidate. The New York Times said in its online edition that it might be taken over by Wachovia.

TerminalPower

• Getbig III
« Reply #1415 on: September 18, 2008, 07:12:28 AM »
Gbers, no real surprise to us, the Dow was DOWN another 453 points. No change in our plan. Markets down (Dow) nearly 4,000 points since the thread started. as i i've said before, the market will dictate when we go from Bearish to Bullish.

TerminalPutz, i'm DONE arguing with you. unless you can add more than criticism or a list of stocks that Yahoo.com said returned 43%.....STFU. providing information to GBers BEFORE a Fund moves up is important......not after.

TerminalPutz, just wondering how my market bitch doing ?  :-*

Come back you loud mouth, know nothing, condescending peice of shit.

NT

GB'ers, I will be posting PM's from Nuerotoxin and her desire to have me participate in her thread enjoy.

I hope you get as good of a laugh as I did. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #1416 on: September 18, 2008, 07:43:15 AM »
GB'ers, I will be posting PM's from Nuerotoxin and her desire to have me participate in her thread enjoy.

I hope you get as good of a laugh as I did. 
post pm's and be banned...  by order of the fucking dictator hugo goddamned fucking chavez, and i'm not kidding.  I hate that shit.

TerminalPower

• Getbig III
« Reply #1417 on: September 18, 2008, 07:52:20 AM »
post pm's and be banned...  by order of the fucking dictator hugo goddamned fucking chavez, and i'm not kidding.  I hate that shit.

LMAO! You making shit up as we go?

It is is relevant since CLEARLY you have a person saying one thing and contradicting it in a public forum later.  Either this moron wants me to post or not Chavez.   

Remember this Dicktator?

"On calling someone out: There is absolutely nothing wrong with calling someone out by creating a thread to hash out a specific political point with that person.  This is really perfect when you've noted a serious discrepancy in your opponent and want to make a specific debate from it. Stay away from calling someone out for insult purposes only, have a valid political point that you indend on debating if you call someone out.  If there is no point, the thread may be deleted at the leasure of the mods or by request."

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=112411.0

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #1418 on: September 18, 2008, 07:58:16 AM »

It is is relevant since CLEARLY you have a person saying one thing and contradicting it in a public forum later.  Either this moron wants me to post or not Chavez.   

This thread is going bi polar.  ::) Instead of sticking to whats going on, idiots come here and turn it into a mud throwing event. Lame.

TerminalPower

• Getbig III
« Reply #1419 on: September 18, 2008, 07:59:55 AM »
This thread is going bi polar.  ::) Instead of sticking to whats going on, idiots come here and turn it into a mud throwing event. Lame.

I agree but this happens in threads in this forum all the time.

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #1420 on: September 18, 2008, 08:12:15 AM »
Stop Rewarding Bad Behavior!
Ken Blackwell
Thursday, September 18, 2008
townhall.com

The Dow dropped 504 points as major American corporations nosedived, some of which are being saved with your tax money. It is way past the time to give corporate executives additional incentives to avoid asking for a congressional bailout. Instead they must run their companies responsibly.

It started when Bear Stearns was bailed out by federal authorities a few weeks ago. What is unprecedented about this is the Federal Reserve, which formerly operated as a lender of last resort to banks, for the first time channeled cash to a financial investment firm, radically expanding its sphere of regulation.

In the wake of this, market-watchers speculated which firm would be bailed out next. On Monday the feds let Lehman Brothers, one of the nation’soldest investment houses, collapse. Another giant, Merrill Lynch, was acquired by Bank of America as Merrill’s value plummeted.

Then AIG, with initial assets of one trillion dollars, lost 60% of its value. Fearing the global financial tidal wave AIG’s failure would cause, the feds stepped in. The international insurance giant wasspared Lehman’s fate.

These private-sector failings happened atthe same time of the collapse of mortgage giants Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.

Those two institutions have no one to blame but themselves. Mortgage lenders were issuing mortgages to people with no income and noassets. That is simply insane. Who gives a loan to someone who cannot cover it and has no income with which to make payments? Someone who thinks that Congress will bail them out with your money if things gobad, that is who.

Some on the left criticize this as thefailure of the free market. They will demand increased government control of the economy, but they are wrong. Markets have both potential and risk. Business leaders get paid to exercise their judgment of the markets in order to maximize a company’s profits. Boards of directorsexercise their judgment to elect corporate officers who will best achieve this goal.

But that is not what is happening in somecorporations. A corporation should not pay one dollar more than necessary to keep corporate officers from quitting. Instead some are paying one dollar less than the amount that would send shareholders into an all-out revolt. Such corporations are operating to enrich their top employees at the expense of shareholders. That is backward - corporations exist to enrich shareholders.

This week's financial meltdown offers examples of this. The top officer at Lehman Brothers was Dick Fuld. His personal compensation over the past severalyears was nearly half a billion dollars before taxes. He was raking in these astounding paychecks while the company entrusted to him was atserious risk because of reckless investment decisions.

Perhaps someone could do such an amazing job that they are worth such pay, but the fact that his company is now bankrupt creates doubt that hiscompensation was merited by his performance.

With freedom comes responsibility. Those who would have self-government must, by definition, govern themselves. Self-government only works when peopleact responsibly and fulfill their obligations. When people abuse these freedoms to enrich themselves at the expense of others, then the public will demand the government to step in. That is how government grows,and how freedom is diminished.

The prospect of government intervention should be terrifying to corporate leaders. For too longmany of them viewed it as a safety net.

First, as many have suggested, if the feds become involved the corporate executives responsible for the failed company should only receive a governmentsalary. But more is needed.

So if federal regulators becomeinvolved, all supplemental, deferred, and other non-salary compensation should be immediately canceled. Beyond that, federal regulators should also have the option of terminating officers, forcing the corporateboard to find new leadership.

After all, if someone is running a company so poorly that it goes under, why should one get paid enormous sums for one's incompetence? If a company goes under, those responsible should not be rewarded. And after the recent federal bailouts, some corporate officers are likely considering seeking thesame bailout.

As my grandmother was fond of saying, if you reward bad behavior all you are going to get is more bad behavior.

Reckless and irresponsible individuals like those at the companies mentioned above give decent corporate managers a bad name. When financial meltdowns occur, the public’s outrage drives government to take over part of the private sector. When the government does so, it replaces irresponsible executives with unaccountable bureaucrats.

That takes us out of the frying pan and into the fire. To prevent that outcome, corporate officers must be made accountable.

Copyright © 2008 Salem Web Network. All Rights Reserved.

TerminalPower

• Getbig III
« Reply #1421 on: September 18, 2008, 08:15:14 AM »
Stop Rewarding Bad Behavior!
Ken Blackwell
Thursday, September 18, 2008
townhall.com

The Dow dropped 504 points as major American corporations nosedived, some of which are being saved with your tax money. It is way past the time to give corporate executives additional incentives to avoid asking for a congressional bailout. Instead they must run their companies responsibly.

It started when Bear Stearns was bailed out by federal authorities a few weeks ago. What is unprecedented about this is the Federal Reserve, which formerly operated as a lender of last resort to banks, for the first time channeled cash to a financial investment firm, radically expanding its sphere of regulation.

In the wake of this, market-watchers speculated which firm would be bailed out next. On Monday the feds let Lehman Brothers, one of the nation’soldest investment houses, collapse. Another giant, Merrill Lynch, was acquired by Bank of America as Merrill’s value plummeted.

Then AIG, with initial assets of one trillion dollars, lost 60% of its value. Fearing the global financial tidal wave AIG’s failure would cause, the feds stepped in. The international insurance giant wasspared Lehman’s fate.

These private-sector failings happened atthe same time of the collapse of mortgage giants Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.

Those two institutions have no one to blame but themselves. Mortgage lenders were issuing mortgages to people with no income and noassets. That is simply insane. Who gives a loan to someone who cannot cover it and has no income with which to make payments? Someone who thinks that Congress will bail them out with your money if things gobad, that is who.

Some on the left criticize this as thefailure of the free market. They will demand increased government control of the economy, but they are wrong. Markets have both potential and risk. Business leaders get paid to exercise their judgment of the markets in order to maximize a company’s profits. Boards of directorsexercise their judgment to elect corporate officers who will best achieve this goal.

But that is not what is happening in somecorporations. A corporation should not pay one dollar more than necessary to keep corporate officers from quitting. Instead some are paying one dollar less than the amount that would send shareholders into an all-out revolt. Such corporations are operating to enrich their top employees at the expense of shareholders. That is backward - corporations exist to enrich shareholders.

This week's financial meltdown offers examples of this. The top officer at Lehman Brothers was Dick Fuld. His personal compensation over the past severalyears was nearly half a billion dollars before taxes. He was raking in these astounding paychecks while the company entrusted to him was atserious risk because of reckless investment decisions.

Perhaps someone could do such an amazing job that they are worth such pay, but the fact that his company is now bankrupt creates doubt that hiscompensation was merited by his performance.

With freedom comes responsibility. Those who would have self-government must, by definition, govern themselves. Self-government only works when peopleact responsibly and fulfill their obligations. When people abuse these freedoms to enrich themselves at the expense of others, then the public will demand the government to step in. That is how government grows,and how freedom is diminished.

The prospect of government intervention should be terrifying to corporate leaders. For too longmany of them viewed it as a safety net.

First, as many have suggested, if the feds become involved the corporate executives responsible for the failed company should only receive a governmentsalary. But more is needed.

So if federal regulators becomeinvolved, all supplemental, deferred, and other non-salary compensation should be immediately canceled. Beyond that, federal regulators should also have the option of terminating officers, forcing the corporateboard to find new leadership.

After all, if someone is running a company so poorly that it goes under, why should one get paid enormous sums for one's incompetence? If a company goes under, those responsible should not be rewarded. And after the recent federal bailouts, some corporate officers are likely considering seeking thesame bailout.

As my grandmother was fond of saying, if you reward bad behavior all you are going to get is more bad behavior.

Reckless and irresponsible individuals like those at the companies mentioned above give decent corporate managers a bad name. When financial meltdowns occur, the public’s outrage drives government to take over part of the private sector. When the government does so, it replaces irresponsible executives with unaccountable bureaucrats.

That takes us out of the frying pan and into the fire. To prevent that outcome, corporate officers must be made accountable.

Copyright © 2008 Salem Web Network. All Rights Reserved.

I agree (for now) but what do you think the consequences would be if we didn't bail out these HUGE corporations?

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #1422 on: September 18, 2008, 08:32:41 AM »

Remember this Dicktator?

"On calling someone out: There is absolutely nothing wrong with calling someone out by creating a thread to hash out a specific political point with that person.  This is really perfect when you've noted a serious discrepancy in your opponent and want to make a specific debate from it. Stay away from calling someone out for insult purposes only, have a valid political point that you indend on debating if you call someone out.  If there is no point, the thread may be deleted at the leasure of the mods or by request."

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=112411.0

yea, I'm making it up as I go along, deal with it asshole... You post his pm's anywhere on getbig and you're done here.  I don't give a shit.  It's so beyond a pussy act, I will fucking call you on it.  You want to call him out on what he has said on the board, fine, but keep your stupid fucking personal messages personal.

Signed, your fucking dictator,
Hugo goddamned fucking Chavez bitch.

stormshadow

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1423 on: September 18, 2008, 08:38:47 AM »
I agree (for now) but what do you think the consequences would be if we didn't bail out these HUGE corporations?

The same as withdrawl from heroin.  Vomiting, aching, and wanting to die.

The path we are on: fiat currency, deficit spending, and producing nothing but Banking and WAR will come to an end

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #1424 on: September 18, 2008, 10:44:48 AM »
Yeah, I know. 

I think this was a slippery slope coming some time ago, and Bush's administration saw this coming some 5 years ago.  Yet folks want to blame him when the very party that is in office now wanted nothing to do with tightening up the loose business practices that were opened up during the Clinton years.