Author Topic: Dow Crash Coming To Your 401K (2007 to 2022)  (Read 466893 times)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Re: Dow crash coming to your 401k (**Strictly Moderated**)
« Reply #1625 on: October 10, 2008, 10:09:33 AM »
NT, how much cash do you currently have on hand?

...And what is your address?   ;D
LOLOLOL.

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #1626 on: October 10, 2008, 03:28:46 PM »
Nuro,

Will we recover?

Is this their way of forcing the Amero currency on us?

?

Thank you sir!
S

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #1627 on: October 11, 2008, 12:04:52 AM »
Berlusconi Says Leaders May Close World's Markets

Oct. 10 (Bloomberg) -- Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi said political leaders are discussing the idea of closing the world's financial markets while they ``rewrite the rules of international finance.''

``The idea of suspending the markets for the time it takes to rewrite the rules is being discussed,'' Berlusconi said today after a Cabinet meeting in Naples, Italy. A solution to the financial crisis ``can't just be for one country, or even just for Europe, but global.''

The Dow Jones Industrial Average fell as much 8.1 percent in early trading and pared most of those losses after Berlusconi's remarks. The Dow was down 0.5 percent to 8540.52 at 10:10 in New York.

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1628 on: October 11, 2008, 02:54:23 PM »
NT, how much cash do you currently have on hand?

...And what is your address?   ;D

;D too funny.

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1629 on: October 11, 2008, 02:55:27 PM »
Oct. 11  The International Monetary Fund warned Saturday that debt-ridden banks were pushing the global financial system to the brink of meltdown and rich nations had so far failed to restore confidence.

President Bush appealed for patience as world leaders raced to stabilize financial markets and avert the deepest global recession in decades, but the 185-nation IMF said more steps would be needed in the coming months.

"Intensifying solvency concerns about a number of the largest U.S.-based and European financial institutions have pushed the global financial system to the brink of systemic meltdown," IMF chief Dominique Strauss-Kahn said.

NT

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1630 on: October 11, 2008, 02:59:50 PM »
Nuro,

Will we recover?

Is this their way of forcing the Amero currency on us?

?

Thank you sir!

RPF, still too many unanswered questions to accurately predict the long term affects of our financial crisis.

as things play out i'll keep everyone posted.

NT

astro

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1631 on: October 11, 2008, 03:39:30 PM »
what's your thoughts on purchasing physical gold

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1632 on: October 12, 2008, 04:24:15 AM »
what's your thoughts on purchasing physical gold

i personally do not buy physical gold. (except for my beautiful wife)  :D

thats not to say its wrong, just my preference.

NT

The Luke

• Getbig IV
  • What's that in the bushes?
« Reply #1633 on: October 12, 2008, 03:20:35 PM »
NT,

I'm writing this at 11pm here in Ireland, so you guys are at least 7 hours behind us.

Tomorrow morning when the markets open, THE AMERICAN DOLLAR WILL TANK (immediately and severely)... China just announced it's going to internalise its markets, including a pledge to DOUBLE rural incomes by 2020.

That's it... the fat lady is singing. America is now a BAD DEBT.

If China is turning inwards and openly announcing its intent to shun a troubled American market, then the market is dead. America has been FORECLOSED ON and China doesn't care if it gets ten cents on the dollar.

The USD will be worth half a Euro or less by the end of the week.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Dollar inflates ten fold tomorrow alone.

The Luke
PS... I thought this was going to happen about two weeks ago, but I was wrong as the market was manipulated into stability. If this policy decision by China doesn't collapse the dollar... nothing will.

stormshadow

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1634 on: October 12, 2008, 04:18:03 PM »
NT,

I'm writing this at 11pm here in Ireland, so you guys are at least 7 hours behind us.

Tomorrow morning when the markets open, THE AMERICAN DOLLAR WILL TANK (immediately and severely)... China just announced it's going to internalise its markets, including a pledge to DOUBLE rural incomes by 2020.

If China is turning inwards and openly announcing its intent to shun a troubled American market, then the market is dead. America has been FORECLOSED ON and China doesn't care if it gets ten cents on the dollar.

The Luke
PS... I thought this was going to happen about two weeks ago, but I was wrong as the market was manipulated into stability. If this policy decision by China doesn't collapse the dollar... nothing will.

This is serious.  Is there a written source of this info as of now?  It's 7:17pm here on the east coast of the US.

The Luke

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1635 on: October 12, 2008, 04:35:45 PM »
This is serious.  Is there a written source of this info as of now?  It's 7:17pm here on the east coast of the US.

...the Chinese government made the announcement today that China would look to develop its internal market in order to avoid the turbulence now present in the international market. Associated Press is running the story.

I said a couple of weeks ago that there would be a run on the dollar when the bailout failed. NT said that on the contrary there would be a slight bump once the bailout passed.

There was a bump in the Dow Jones, but then the slump continued... a run on the dollar is the next logical step: it's a damaged un-backed currency.

The pledge to double rural incomes by 2020 is a hint. China seldom makes these kinds of promises.

Just read between the lines.

The Luke
PS... I hope I'm wrong.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #1636 on: October 12, 2008, 06:14:29 PM »

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=240509.0

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1637 on: October 13, 2008, 02:42:43 AM »
NT,

The Luke

i respectfully disagree Luke. i believe we form a base at these levels. Dow 7,500-7,800 is considered major institutional support. on friday we hit 7,800. a rally from these levels should be expected.

NT

dantelis

• Getbig IV
  • Mesmerizing, isn't it.
« Reply #1638 on: October 13, 2008, 10:21:48 AM »
NT,

Dow is up 583 as of 1:20pm EST.  Think that this rally will sustain or is it just another cyclical bump up before another huge drop?  Have we hit the bottom?

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1639 on: October 13, 2008, 03:11:23 PM »

i respectfully disagree Luke. i believe we form a base at these levels. Dow 7,500-7,800 is considered major institutional support. on friday we hit 7,800. a rally from these levels should be expected.

NT

U.S. Stocks Rally Most Since 1930s on Bank Plan; Dow Gains 936.00

Oct. 13  U.S. stocks staged the biggest rally in seven decades on a government plan to buy stakes in banks and a Federal Reserve-led push to flood the global financial system with dollars.

The Standard & Poor's 500 Index rebounded from its worst week in 75 years with an 11.6 percent advance, its steepest since 1939, and the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed more than 936 points.

The S&P 500 halted an eight-day losing streak, its longest since 1996. Last week's 18 percent declines pushed both the S&P 500 and Dow down more than 40 percent from their peaks last October.
The S&P 500 is still down 32 percent in 2008, poised for its worst yearly loss since 1937.

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1640 on: October 14, 2008, 03:22:28 AM »
GBers, banks/financials ALWAYS lead the market higher. the Fed is now forcing nationalization of our major banks. as a result, MASSIVE short covering occurred Mon. pushing the Dow 936 points higher.

if the Dow holds major support @ 7,800 despite continued negative economic data, i'd expect a rally over the coming weeks. (many believe WS has "priced in" bad data....for now.)

BTW, WS traders are looking for real change in the WH. if Obama happens to get elected, expect an impressive election rally as well.

just my opinion.

NT

U.S. Forces Nine Major Banks To Accept Partial Nationalization

Tuesday, October 14, 2008
The U.S. government is dramatically escalating its response to the financial crisis by planning to invest $250 billion in the country's banks, forcing nine of the largest to accept a Treasury stake in what amounts to a partial nationalization.

The Luke

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1641 on: October 14, 2008, 03:34:03 AM »
Despite the massive rally (that I didn't foresee), I still feel I'm ahead of the curve here by insisting that a drastic inflation of the dollar is LONG OVERDUE.

I doubt that these rallies reflect investor confidence in the underlying market fundamentals... rather I see this renewed investor confidence as a more cynical interest in short-term profiteering from the Bailout.

The Luke

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1642 on: October 14, 2008, 03:43:11 AM »
Despite the massive rally (that I didn't foresee), I still feel I'm ahead of the curve here by insisting that a drastic inflation of the dollar is LONG OVERDUE.

I doubt that these rallies reflect investor confidence in the underlying market fundamentals... rather I see this renewed investor confidence as a more cynical interest in short-term profiteering from the Bailout.

The Luke

your points are extremely valid Luke. but market psychology supersedes reality.

NT

The Luke

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1643 on: October 14, 2008, 03:55:00 AM »
your points are extremely valid Luke. but market psychology supersedes reality.

...that's the type of instantly quotable insight that only an insider can coin. Well said.

Just out of interest, what is your view of the underlying fundamentals?
Is America bankrupt...?
Is America a bad debt...?
Will the dollar be green toilet paper in the foreseeable future...?

The Luke

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1644 on: October 14, 2008, 04:02:12 AM »
...that's the type of instantly quotable insight that only an insider can coin. Well said.

Is America bankrupt...?

The Luke

1) current economic fundamentals are atrocious.

2) yes

3) yes

4) yes

NT

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1645 on: October 14, 2008, 08:43:11 AM »
10/14  Former Federal Reserve Chairman Paul Volcker said on Tuesday the U.S. housing sector faced more losses and the economy was in recession even as authorities moved to stabilize the financial system.

"The first priority is to stabilize the financial system. It is necessary even though the cost involved is heavy government intrusion in markets that should be private," he said in a speech at a seminar in Singapore.

"House prices in the U.S. are still declining. There are still more losses to come there. The economy, I believe, is in recession."

NT

dantelis

• Getbig IV
  • Mesmerizing, isn't it.
« Reply #1646 on: October 14, 2008, 09:37:23 AM »
Quote from: The Luke on Today at 03:55:00 AM

Is America bankrupt...?

The Luke
1) current economic fundamentals are atrocious.

2) yes

3) yes

4) yes

NT

Odd that you think that the greenback will be worthless, but you aren't an advocate of buying gold or some substinate form of wealth.  What do you back for sustained wealth then, NT?  (Or are you just a pessimist and think that it is all downhill from here and that there is nothing anyone can do at all?)

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1647 on: October 14, 2008, 10:56:42 AM »
Odd that you think that the greenback will be worthless, but you aren't an advocate of buying gold or some substinate form of wealth.  What do you back for sustained wealth then, NT?  (Or are you just a pessimist and think that it is all downhill from here and that there is nothing anyone can do at all?)

1) dani, please do not put words in my mouth. show me where i said the dollar would be WORTHLESS ?

2) dollars value has dropped 41% in last 8 yrs

3) as the Fed continues to print greenbacks at a torrid pace, the value will continue to DECLINE.

4) i'm a realist....not a pessimist.

5) when i started this thread @ Dow 14,000.00, guys like you were everywhere. most moved on with tails between their legs.

6) this thread has NEVER been about commodities. i discuss overall market direction.

7) if you're interested in gold/oil and commodities, contact alex23 and terminalpower, they're both experts in that area.

NT

dantelis

• Getbig IV
  • Mesmerizing, isn't it.
« Reply #1648 on: October 14, 2008, 01:48:23 PM »

1) dani, please do not put words in my mouth. show me where i said the dollar would be WORTHLESS ?

2) dollars value has dropped 41% in last 8 yrs

3) as the Fed continues to print greenbacks at a torrid pace, the value will continue to DECLINE.

4) i'm a realist....not a pessimist.

5) when i started this thread @ Dow 14,000.00, guys like you were everywhere. most moved on with tails between their legs.

6) this thread has NEVER been about commodities. i discuss overall market direction.

7) if you're interested in gold/oil and commodities, contact alex23 and terminalpower, they're both experts in that area.

NT

Re: the dollar being worthless...guess you are right, you didn't say it would be worthless, but did say 'yes' when The Luke asked, "Will the dollar be green toilet paper in the foreseeable future...?" 

Could you be more specific about "guys like <me>"?  Seems that you are being a bit sensitive.  I am not attacking you with my question about your views, just trying to understand. 

My confusion comes, because you said in answer to questions about when the market will hit bottom that you will "...have a better idea where the bottom is over the coming weeks/months."  If the dollar is just green toilet paper, then it doesn't make sense to invest in stocks at all, even when the market hits bottom, since selling the stock when the market goes up just produces more toilet paper.   

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #1649 on: October 14, 2008, 04:31:50 PM »

1) this is NOT a market "fluctuation" we're experiencing.

2) warren buffett does NOT cost average down. (only dumb money does) buffett is a value investor. he buys after markets crash.....not while their crashing. ::)

3) get your facts straight.

NT

*sigh* I just need to set the record straight upon coming across this shit.

1) My post was in your response to you claiming you could time the market, jackass. I mentioned Warren Buffett because he (as well as any other investor worth his salt) states often that he has no idea where the market is headed in one month or six months.

2) I never said Warren Buffett "cost averages down". What the fuck are you talking about? Warren Buffett has more than enough money to not need to use dollar cost averaging to invest. ::) My advice was in response to the person I quoted. I stand by the advice I gave. I am well aware that Buffett is a value investor, modeled after his mentor Ben Graham.

3) My "facts" are straighter than an arrow, nitwit.  ;) I didn't work on Wall Street for the better part of 10 years for a lecture from an internet know-it-all. I mentioned dollar cost averaging for the average Joe who does not know how to value stocks, and that that type of individual should be investing in index funds.

I had to go and pull a book off my shelf to quote because of your bullshit misinterpretation of my statement.
From page 9 of The Essential Warren Buffett, by Robert Hagstrom:

Buffett believes that only the investors that need wide diversification are those who do not understand what they are doing. If "know-nothing" investors want to own common stocks, they should own a large number of equities and space out their purchases over time. In other words, they should use an index fund and dollar cost average their purchases. There is nothing shameful about this technique. In fact, Buffett points out, the index investor will outperform the majority of investment professionals.

You need to check your tone, Neuro, because you never know who you are writing to.  ;) I really haven't gone through much of this thread until recently. You appear to know your stuff, however, you are not the only one around here with knowledge of the equity markets. I respect you and it was not, and it is not, my intention to disrespect you in "your" thread. I was just trying to help someone who had a question, even though I am not one to give investment advice randomly on the internet or even discuss much about what I know in the realm of finance.
!