Author Topic: Dow Crash Coming To Your 401K (2007 to 2022)  (Read 466340 times)

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
Re: Dow crash coming to your 401k (**Strictly Moderated--SEE FIRST POST**)
« Reply #1800 on: January 29, 2009, 10:01:49 AM »
U.S. Economy: Sales of New Homes, Durable Goods Orders Tumble

Jan. 29  Prospects for an economic recovery this year dimmed after reports today showed new-home sales collapsed, durable-goods orders slumped and a record number of Americans collected unemployment benefits.

“There really isn’t any hiding place in this economy,” said Nigel Gault, chief U.S. economist at IHS Global Insight in Lexington, Massachusetts.

Orders for goods designed to last several years fell in December for a fifth month, the longest slide since comparable data began in 1992, the Commerce Department said today in Washington. Sales of new homes fell to an annual pace of 331,000, a rate that would take more than a year to clear the glut of unsold properties.

Today’s figures may heighten Federal Reserve officials’ concern, expressed yesterday after their policy meeting, about a “significant” danger the economy won’t start recovering until 2010. 

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
Re: Dow crash coming to your 401k..........
« Reply #1801 on: January 29, 2009, 10:40:00 AM »

there's NOTHING "looking forward" to propel the market past the 14k level and higher, so ALL bets are off the table. infact, many of us expect a recession to rear it's ugly head in "08" w/ a corresponding market breakdown.

NT

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1802 on: January 29, 2009, 10:41:29 AM »

all my statistical data leads to a recession beginning in 08......with a LARGE market correction to follow. i could be wrong. if so, my typed words will come back to haunt me.......... but i doubt it.

NT

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1803 on: January 29, 2009, 10:43:53 AM »

i'm thinking a deep recession lasting into 09. although, the housing and banking crisis is the worst since the 1929 depression.

i believe we're currently in the beginning stages of a recession, which IMO will kick in to the market AFTER the holiday.

NT

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1804 on: January 29, 2009, 10:56:08 AM »

by the time our government finally admits the u.s. is in a recession.......it's too LATE to exit the market.

NT

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1805 on: January 29, 2009, 10:59:42 AM »

Close your Eyes if you Prefer, but the Tsunami is Coming

Don't say you weren't warned !  ;)

NT

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1806 on: January 29, 2009, 11:03:37 AM »

small investors are like cattle.....they got caught in 2000, and will AGAIN in 2008. 

NT

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1807 on: January 29, 2009, 11:08:46 AM »

whenever the market is PURELY dependent on the Fed cutting rates to move HIGHER.......trouble lurks, so be careful.  ;) 

NT

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1808 on: January 29, 2009, 01:24:18 PM »
BTW, market down 226.44 today.

NT

WASHINGTON -- Unemployment lines stretched to the longest on record, the Labor Department reported Thursday, a sign that the U.S. labor market continues to worsen.

Continuing jobless claims rose by 159,000 in the week ended Jan. 17 to a seasonally adjusted 4.78 million, the most since the government's records began in 1967. That is the same week that the government surveyed hundreds of thousands of workplaces and households to gather information for the January employment report.

The Luke

• Getbig IV
  • What's that in the bushes?
« Reply #1809 on: January 30, 2009, 07:04:16 AM »
Neuro,

I'm opening a Goldmoney.com account next week (gotta see a notary first).

Is it too late to see a proper return in gold or silver (gold broke $900 yesterday)? Was the jump from $300 to $900 the major appreciation, or do you expect gold to climb higher?

Is gold just a hedge against hyperinflation and currency devaluation at this point?

The Luke

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1810 on: January 31, 2009, 04:29:40 AM »
again, no real changes on the economic/market front. i've spent a year warning Gbers the perfect financial storm was on its way.....who could possibly act surprised now ? (except the fucking clowns who post)

remember guys, all "rallies" are designed to lure dumb money/suckers into buying. IMO stay away.

NT

U.S. Stocks Drop, Capping Market’s Worst January, on Economy

Jan. 30  U.S. stocks slid, capping the market’s worst January, as more companies reported disappointing earnings and the economy shrank at the fastest pace in 26 years.

The S&P 500 slipped 2.3 percent to 825.88 to complete a fourth straight weekly drop, its longest losing streak since July. The Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 148.15 points, or 1.8 percent, to 8,000.86. The Russell 2000 Index of small U.S. companies declined 2.1 percent.

stormshadow

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1811 on: January 31, 2009, 06:28:26 AM »

Luke, i'll answer via PM.

NT

Neuro, Please copy/paste that to me as I am interested in your thoughts as well.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #1812 on: January 31, 2009, 09:36:40 AM »

Luke, i'll answer via PM.

NT

Just answer here, many people would like to know.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #1813 on: January 31, 2009, 09:38:03 AM »
story behind this picture...... as we're coming in for our final approach, i instruct my captain and co-pilot to park the plane so the backdrop shows LV hotels. both guys looked at me like WTF ??? but said nothing. it probably took an additional 30 mins of maneuvering when we landed to get the MGM and Luxor in the shot.  8)

NT

I'd take a picture of my plane but it's too big and wont fit in the shot no matter how far back I stand from it, you'll just have to believe me.  ;D

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1814 on: January 31, 2009, 11:01:10 AM »
Just answer here, many people would like to know.

BD, answered via PM.

NT

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1815 on: February 02, 2009, 04:02:27 AM »
Good to see ya again Neuro.

What do you think about the Citi or BofA or UBS? Dirt cheap if you're looking at 25+ years of buyin'-n-holdin'.

Cheers mate.

for now, stay away IMO. more domino's could fall.

NT

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1816 on: February 02, 2009, 04:04:04 AM »

anticipating a test of the Nov 21st low would be prudent.

NT

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1817 on: February 02, 2009, 05:06:50 AM »

its important the S+P holds 800.00....if we breach, 740.00 is my downside target.

NT

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1818 on: February 02, 2009, 05:44:31 AM »
we recently experienced the worst January in the history of the S&P 500, which fell 8.6%.

historically, as January goes, so goes the year. ( 75% of the time )

just something to ponder....

NT

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1819 on: February 02, 2009, 01:29:47 PM »
plunger team doing a fantastic job keeping S&P above 800. imo w/o these internal/external forces at work, market would aggressively capitulate. instead, a slow organized bleedout....

Dow fell just 64 points despite less than stellar economic news.

NT

U.S. Economy: Manufacturing Shrinks, Spending Falls

Feb. 2  Manufacturing in the U.S. shrank again last month and consumer spending recorded an unprecedented sixth monthly decline in December, offering no sign the economy has hit bottom.

The Institute for Supply Management’s factory index was 35.6 in January; readings less than 50 signal a contraction and the measure has been below that level since February 2008. The Commerce Department said personal spending fell 1 percent in December, and reported a third monthly drop in construction.

Factories are likely to cut back further as the slump in household purchases leaves companies with stockpiles of unsold goods. General Motors Corp. plans to slash production at 15 plants through June in an effort to work off the surplus inventory, and Chrysler LLC, Ford Motor Co. and Toyota Motor Corp. are also cutting back.

“The numbers are still terribly weak,” said James O’Sullivan, senior economist at UBS Securities LLC in Stamford, Connecticut. “Manufacturing is still contracting rapidly” while consumer spending is unlikely to recover “for a while,” he said.

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #1820 on: February 03, 2009, 09:26:22 AM »
I am impressed at PPT's efforts.   But a crash is coming at some point.   The greedy bastards are looking at eachother sweat like theyre at a poker table just waiting for one of em to flinch so they can all hi-tail it to an overseas account.... ;D

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #1821 on: February 03, 2009, 03:48:51 PM »
I am impressed at PPT's efforts.   But a crash is coming at some point.   The greedy bastards are looking at eachother sweat like theyre at a poker table just waiting for one of em to flinch so they can all hi-tail it to an overseas account.... ;D

A crash?  HAHA LMAO!  A stock market crash is the last thing governments have to worry about at this point.  People are rioting all over the world.  Shit is getting deep.  Stock market crash or not..........people are losing their jobs.  The stock market crashing won't do shit to increase or decrease unemployment.  What's on the horizon will be 10 times worse than the great depression. 

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #1822 on: February 03, 2009, 04:27:59 PM »
A crash?  HAHA LMAO!  A stock market crash is the last thing governments have to worry about at this point.  People are rioting all over the world.  Shit is getting deep.  Stock market crash or not..........people are losing their jobs.  The stock market crashing won't do shit to increase or decrease unemployment.  What's on the horizon will be 10 times worse than the great depression. 

This thread is mostly about the market side of things.        I agree that major shit is coming, tho.

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1823 on: February 04, 2009, 01:33:47 PM »
dow up 141 points yesterday, down 121 today to close @ 7,956.00

the stock market cannot produce a sustainable rally without the banks....period. with more potential bad news on the horizon, all "rallies" should be considered suspect imo.

NT

U.S. Stocks Retreat, Led by Consumer Companies, on Earnings

Feb. 4 (Bloomberg) -- U.S. stocks retreated as disappointing earnings at Kraft Foods Inc. and Walt Disney Co. triggered a sell-off in consumer shares and concern over the health of Bank of America Corp. snuffed out a rally in banks.

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1824 on: February 05, 2009, 04:17:28 AM »
Toyota shuts down all but one assembly line

TOYOTA CITY, Japan  Feb. 5   On what was to be a historic day halting all of Toyota's Japanese assembly lines, the automaker announced late Thursday that it kept one line running.

Toyota, called the current economy "unprecedented, the likes of which haven't been seen in 100 years."

Toyota also said the assembly line shutdowns are an attempt to save what jobs the automaker can.