Author Topic: Dow Crash Coming To Your 401K (2007 to 2022)  (Read 460885 times)

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
Re: Dow crash coming to your 401k..........
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2007, 10:18:31 AM »
He should grab a DVD copy of 'Boiler Room' with Giovanni Ribisi & Vin Deisel.
Then read Robert Kiyosaki's book about the coming crash. Kiyosaki has been screaming about it for years to anyone who would listen.

"dumb money" has no idea how bad this market is. they tend to learn the hard way.

Krusader

• Getbig II
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2007, 01:06:16 PM »

15% is a shit return pigpen. also, try holding down a job.

Sound like someone is very bitter and jealous of Alex23...

Is he what you wish you were or did he just fucked your wife?

Krusader

• Getbig II
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2007, 01:15:50 PM »
another genius.  ::)

hahaha.. melting down like an icecube when realizing nobody cares about your 401k "advices" dellusion then resulting to grammar to keep afloat. Quite sad.

btw ~15% is considered pretty decent in the current market. Shows how off you really are.

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2007, 06:08:02 PM »
hahaha.. melting down like an icecube when realizing nobody cares about your 401k "advices" dellusion then resulting to grammar to keep afloat. Quite sad.

btw ~15% is considered pretty decent in the current market. Shows how off you really are.

krusader.......i'll remind you often about the stock market collapsing......along with your savings. you have no idea when to get out, or where the bottom is. i think that's pretty funny.......like a blind man in a storm.

enjoy losing your money......bigshot.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2007, 05:50:26 AM »
i'm attempting to inform getbiggers....just hope someone listens.  :-\

Believe me, I know EXACTLY how you feel.  ;D

The bottom line is there are those who will listen to the message, and there are those who will want to ridicule what you say, despite having less knowledge in the area than you, ...and there will be those who will foolishly listen to the bashers. There's nothing you can do about that.

It's just like Network Marketing. You can share the message, but many people simply just won't get it.
Follow the SW4 rule. Some Will, Some Won't, So What? ...Someone's Waiting to hear what you have to say.

it's childish posts from alex23 that make me say.......fvck it, why waste my time trying to give a heads up to the gbers ?

Again... SW4. Not all Getbigger's share Alex23's attitudes or opinions about your advice.
And those who do, are not the ones for whom you post is it? Keep doing what you do,
...and those with an ear to hear what you say, or eyes to see the picture you paint will. SW4  :)

Some Will, Some Won't, So What? ...Someone's Waiting to hear what you have to say.

ps- When the poop does hit the fan, ...just try not to gloat or say 'I told ya so'. I'll be working on that too  ;D
w

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2007, 09:22:39 AM »
Believe me, I know EXACTLY how you feel.  ;D

The bottom line is there are those who will listen to the message, and there are those who will want to ridicule what you say, despite having less knowledge in the area than you, ...and there will be those who will foolishly listen to the bashers. There's nothing you can do about that.

It's just like Network Marketing. You can share the message, but many people simply just won't get it.
Follow the SW4 rule. Some Will, Some Won't, So What? ...Someone's Waiting to hear what you have to say.

Again... SW4. Not all Getbigger's share Alex23's attitudes or opinions about your advice.
And those who do, are not the ones for whom you post is it? Keep doing what you do,
...and those with an ear to hear what you say, or eyes to see the picture you paint will. SW4  :)

Some Will, Some Won't, So What? ...Someone's Waiting to hear what you have to say.

ps- When the poop does hit the fan, ...just try not to gloat or say 'I told ya so'. I'll be working on that too  ;D

jag, your post is well taken. i'll concentrate on the guys interested in market info and ignore the haters.

i may only communicate via PM's, as to NOT to tip off any haters with information that might help them avoid monetary losses. 

that may sound harsh........but since they apparently "know it all", no need to put market specifics out in the open. general market chat is cool, but PM's will be utilized for any members who may want some unbiased assistance.

as you stated jag, timing is EVERYTHING and the vast majority are clueless and frozen in their boots when the market melts down. personally, i'm looking forward to it......as you may know, you make your money when you buy. i get excited thinking about a total market collapse !

anyway, thanks for your post.  :D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2007, 09:36:46 AM »
Am I the only person who doesn't rely on getbig.com for investment advice?   :)

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2007, 02:30:43 AM »
jag, your post is well taken. i'll concentrate on the guys interested in market info and ignore the haters.

i may only communicate via PM's, as to NOT to tip off any haters with information that might help them avoid monetary losses. 

that may sound harsh........but since they apparently "know it all", no need to put market specifics out in the open. general market chat is cool, but PM's will be utilized for any members who may want some unbiased assistance.

as you stated jag, timing is EVERYTHING and the vast majority are clueless and frozen in their boots when the market melts down. personally, i'm looking forward to it......as you may know, you make your money when you buy. i get excited thinking about a total market collapse !

anyway, thanks for your post.  :D

I know how you feel. I've got that nervous anticipation as well.
While I feel bad for many... I too am looking forward to it.  :-[
w

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2007, 04:24:52 AM »
All part of the bigger dollar crisis I'm afraid....
I hate the State.

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #34 on: November 22, 2007, 12:11:07 PM »
Neurotoxin, you have to understand that, unfortunately, this world is full of people who want to tell you what to do with your money. Due to this, and the history as-of-lately of the stock market and all that relates to it, I find it a tad irrational that you will not accept critizism.

I happen to agree with you on many points, like Bush fucking up our economy, lack of confidence in ANY market, inflation rearing its ugly head, etc. But you also have to understand that it's not all these factors put together that could make for a nasty crash. It's actually what has happened for the past 15-20 years, market-wise, that will make this particular crash one to remember.

For starters, the crash in the 80s hit a lot of people really hard. Still, unemployment was low, inflation controlled, oil cheap and lots of money to throw around, so people did not give a shit about losing 30-40% of their portfolio's value, or that it took them 5-10 years to gain it all back.

10 years go by, oil still dirt cheap, and all of a sudden you start hearing all these rumours about the "net" and how it's going to be the next big thing. Your cousin, your mother in law and everyone in the neighborhood keeps buzzing about it and all of a sudden this rumour takes on a life of its own. Before you know it gazillions are being poured into this industry, everything is interconnected from here to Tajikistan, paid for thanks to the American small investors, and it now becomes more than a rumour.

To make a long story short, everyone told you to buy and the majority of people listened. When the hype couldn't be sustained the market crashed. In hindsight, all those who lost money should've seen red flags everywhere. I mean, a small two-person company IN NO FUCKING way can have a market capitalization of 450 million dollars because there is no way 2 people cannot produce 450 million worth of stuff. And there were THOUSANDS of these type of companies everywhere at the time. Companies spinning off their frigging bathrooms, sister-in-law to get their hands on cash for ideas that are esentially the equivalent of a pyramid scheme... people falling for it and the government doing nothing about it.

Once we had recouped from the internet crash, which took a LOT of people's retirement money (someone's gotta pay for all that infrastructure beind laid out, and 99% of the time the companies will not pay for it, it's you and I) we then found out that the house we had been living in for 20 years is now a goldmine. The real estate market started getting out of control and all of a sudden a house in Queens, New York, is selling for $600,000, when LOGIC tells us that there ain't no way a "shoebox" in Queens is worth that amount of money.

That should be a red flag the size of Mt Vesuvius. Needless to say the fact that your house was appraised at 65% of market value should've made you stop right there and then and told the real estate broker to go fuck himself. He knows the house is not worth $600,000, yet he is coniving you into buying it under the false pretense that housing prices will go up from now to eternity and you will never find the same house for the same price again in your life, when they know they're lying. And people fucking fall for it!!!

On top of that you have all these huge financial conglomerates structuring debt backed by all these mortgage pool which THEY FUCKING KNOW are way overblown and built around nothing more than wild capitalistic speculation, hence no REAL value, feeding the frenzy. Merrill, UBS, Credit Suisse, etc., all of them got caught with their pants down and lost huge amounts of money because, even though they have internal mechanisms to prevent it (or so they say, because Merrill Lynch's CEO made out like a banshee, taking home more than a quarter of a BILLION dollars and a pension of 1.5 million per year for the rest of his life for creating ZERO value), they did diddly shit to stop it. Let me tell you, ANY fucking compliance department in any company IS ROYALLY FULL OF SHIT! Otherwise the real estate crash wouldn't have hit their respective companies so hard. 

I work in the financial services industries and have some, although limited, knowledge of what to do with my money. So far, from all I've read, conventional wisdom will lose you dinero. I see warning signs in all the diversification hype. It will bite everyone in the ass eventually. If you look at the largest fortunes (Warren Buffett, George Soros, etc.) and how they were made, there is one single common factor amongst them: They buy when everyone sells, and they sell when everyone buys. Which is exactly the opposite of what 99% of the street is telling you.

You'll see, once the market crashes, these people, the Berkshite-Hathaways, Goldman Sachs, et all, will buy all the shit you currently own at 25% of its true value, say at $2 and resell it to you 20 years later at 150 times that price. They get away with it not because they're too smart, but because we are too stupid to know.

After all of this, all you're basically left with is "who do I believe?". I DO BELIEVE, this time around, investor confidence will be eroded to the point that the market will have a hard time, as you say, rallying back to 1985 levels. A lot of money will be taken out of circulation and put into physicals, like commodities, for good. The stock market will be hit hard.

C-ya.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: November 22, 2007, 10:34:44 PM »
A lot of money will be taken out of circulation and put into physicals, like commodities, for good. The stock market will be hit hard.

C-ya.

Right now China is betting on commodities.
w

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2007, 05:32:06 AM »
Neurotoxin, you have to understand that, unfortunately, this world is full of people who want to tell you what to do with your money. Due to this, and the history as-of-lately of the stock market and all that relates to it, I find it a tad irrational that you will not accept critizism.

I happen to agree with you on many points, like Bush fucking up our economy, lack of confidence in ANY market, inflation rearing its ugly head, etc. But you also have to understand that it's not all these factors put together that could make for a nasty crash. It's actually what has happened for the past 15-20 years, market-wise, that will make this particular crash one to remember.

For starters, the crash in the 80s hit a lot of people really hard. Still, unemployment was low, inflation controlled, oil cheap and lots of money to throw around, so people did not give a shit about losing 30-40% of their portfolio's value, or that it took them 5-10 years to gain it all back.

10 years go by, oil still dirt cheap, and all of a sudden you start hearing all these rumours about the "net" and how it's going to be the next big thing. Your cousin, your mother in law and everyone in the neighborhood keeps buzzing about it and all of a sudden this rumour takes on a life of its own. Before you know it gazillions are being poured into this industry, everything is interconnected from here to Tajikistan, paid for thanks to the American small investors, and it now becomes more than a rumour.

To make a long story short, everyone told you to buy and the majority of people listened. When the hype couldn't be sustained the market crashed. In hindsight, all those who lost money should've seen red flags everywhere. I mean, a small two-person company IN NO FUCKING way can have a market capitalization of 450 million dollars because there is no way 2 people cannot produce 450 million worth of stuff. And there were THOUSANDS of these type of companies everywhere at the time. Companies spinning off their frigging bathrooms, sister-in-law to get their hands on cash for ideas that are esentially the equivalent of a pyramid scheme... people falling for it and the government doing nothing about it.

Once we had recouped from the internet crash, which took a LOT of people's retirement money (someone's gotta pay for all that infrastructure beind laid out, and 99% of the time the companies will not pay for it, it's you and I) we then found out that the house we had been living in for 20 years is now a goldmine. The real estate market started getting out of control and all of a sudden a house in Queens, New York, is selling for $600,000, when LOGIC tells us that there ain't no way a "shoebox" in Queens is worth that amount of money.

That should be a red flag the size of Mt Vesuvius. Needless to say the fact that your house was appraised at 65% of market value should've made you stop right there and then and told the real estate broker to go fuck himself. He knows the house is not worth $600,000, yet he is coniving you into buying it under the false pretense that housing prices will go up from now to eternity and you will never find the same house for the same price again in your life, when they know they're lying. And people fucking fall for it!!!

On top of that you have all these huge financial conglomerates structuring debt backed by all these mortgage pool which THEY FUCKING KNOW are way overblown and built around nothing more than wild capitalistic speculation, hence no REAL value, feeding the frenzy. Merrill, UBS, Credit Suisse, etc., all of them got caught with their pants down and lost huge amounts of money because, even though they have internal mechanisms to prevent it (or so they say, because Merrill Lynch's CEO made out like a banshee, taking home more than a quarter of a BILLION dollars and a pension of 1.5 million per year for the rest of his life for creating ZERO value), they did diddly shit to stop it. Let me tell you, ANY fucking compliance department in any company IS ROYALLY FULL OF SHIT! Otherwise the real estate crash wouldn't have hit their respective companies so hard.  

I work in the financial services industries and have some, although limited, knowledge of what to do with my money. So far, from all I've read, conventional wisdom will lose you dinero. I see warning signs in all the diversification hype. It will bite everyone in the ass eventually. If you look at the largest fortunes (Warren Buffett, George Soros, etc.) and how they were made, there is one single common factor amongst them: They buy when everyone sells, and they sell when everyone buys. Which is exactly the opposite of what 99% of the street is telling you.

You'll see, once the market crashes, these people, the Berkshite-Hathaways, Goldman Sachs, et all, will buy all the shit you currently own at 25% of its true value, say at $2 and resell it to you 20 years later at 150 times that price. They get away with it not because they're too smart, but because we are too stupid to know.

After all of this, all you're basically left with is "who do I believe?". I DO BELIEVE, this time around, investor confidence will be eroded to the point that the market will have a hard time, as you say, rallying back to 1985 levels. A lot of money will be taken out of circulation and put into physicals, like commodities, for good. The stock market will be hit hard.

C-ya.

slapper, i happen to agree with the entirety of your knowledgeable post. many of your points are spot on. my aim is to inform and educate on a level most will hopefully understand.

as you know, most people are understandably clueless as to how market function. my objective is to educate and hopefully help anyone in the market to avoid losing their savings.

i look forward to you joining our discussions and offering your knowledgeable insight.

again.......thanks for the great post !  :D

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2007, 05:35:50 PM »

rememeber to keep the above post in mind during the holiday season.

So you still think something's gonna happen after the holiday season? Funny thing is that at my company we get an internal newspaper that talks about performance BS and the analysts still sound VERY optimistic about the future.

windsor88

• Getbig IV
  • Victim of the Drug War
« Reply #38 on: November 24, 2007, 05:39:46 PM »
Maybe..until Bush is out...then it may decline so the new administration take the blame.

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: November 25, 2007, 04:26:48 AM »
So you still think something's gonna happen after the holiday season? Funny thing is that at my company we get an internal newspaper that talks about performance BS and the analysts still sound VERY optimistic about the future.

pay no attention to analysts/rating agency's. behind the scenes they're tied to the companies they PUMP and are nothing more than cheerleaders. (just like CNBC) their job is to get people to BUY. keep in mind, analysts missed the dot com BUST and recently the housing BUST. that pretty much sums up their performance and reliability.

some think a move to the upside during the holiday season is possible, and will sell their LONG positions into any hyped seasonal rally. after that, i expect a market capitulation to occur.

looking forward, there's NOTHING positive on the horizon.

keep in mind, it's just my 2 cents.

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #40 on: November 25, 2007, 09:04:37 AM »

sounds interesting. Got a short version?

Yes, you can find a shorter version in my website: www.readingfordummies.co m.

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: November 25, 2007, 12:25:40 PM »
Im really enjoying this thread NToxin, Jag, and others.     There maybe 100s looking as guests so your info is not wasted.

When my home doubled in value in 2 years......i said WTF is up with this???    I started doing research on economies and markets and can see alot hurt coming to gullible americans.. :-[

Many hard working americans have their pensions secured by 401k's and need to know of these risks coming, so it is a good thing you have done.

Of course we will have alot of self- interest representatives trying to slow the losses by saying......"Its okay, the market will recover in a couple months, so dont make rash decisions"  even at the same time they will be liquidating their assests asap.

It will be a buyers market for the next 10 years or so.     I dont even know if recovery is possible as bush has setus back so far......

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #42 on: November 26, 2007, 05:37:06 AM »
[...]When my home doubled in value in 2 years......i said WTF is up with this???    I started doing research on economies and markets and can see alot hurt coming to gullible americans.[...]

That's exactly what happened to a friend of mine down in Queens (New York state). They bought the house back in 1998 for $235,000 and sold it 5 years later for $705,000.

Back then it was mass hysteria. You had all these real estate representatives telling everyone that housing prices would go up and never come down. I mean, everyone believed them, even though we had gone through periods like these before and knew the final outcome.

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: November 26, 2007, 06:43:57 AM »
Funny thing is that at my company we get an internal newspaper that talks about performance BS and the analysts still sound VERY optimistic about the future.

slapper......analysts who "make predictions" work for JP Morgan, Goldman, Citi etc. Many of these companies hold HUGE numbers of shares in stocks they must unload. this is why a stock is NEVER downgraded until it's at or near it's bottom. conversely, stocks are typically upgraded at or near their all time highs to allow the big brokerage houses to UNLOAD their shares as dumb money jumps in at the TOP.   

hope this makes sense.

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: November 26, 2007, 10:16:26 AM »
ok guys, i want you to keep in mind that the Dow ran from 10,000 to 14,200 from the productivity created from the housing boom.... which is now a housing bust. so how has the market managed to not drop back down to 10,000 level yet ? the secret is in the little talked about PPT (plunge protection team) the PPT is headed by former CEO of Goldman Sach's... Henry Paulson (current treasury secretary) the PPT "juices" the market by buying the overall stock market. on a recent 400 point daily Dow drop, the PPT infused the market with approx. 40 BILLION dollars to stop the downward spiral. as the PPT comes in.....it forces NYSE traders who are betting the market will go lower (shorting) to "cover" and buy their positions back, causing the market to move back higher. this process just allows the "market bleeding" to slow down.......but cannot stop the inevitable.

currently without the PPT working fulltime......the market would have crashed months ago.

Google : "Plunge Protection Team" to learn more.    

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: November 29, 2007, 08:56:45 PM »
LOL.  Good stuff.   Ill keep looking at this thread.   Fasten your seatbelts, its gonna be a hella ride!!! 8)

I always suspected there had to  be a group to keep the money trading in the DOW.   Of course the dow doesnt really represent how the average american is feeling...........its just rich boys playing with rich boys.

I know nothing mentioned here is an absolute, but it makes sense....

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #46 on: November 30, 2007, 05:01:50 AM »
LOL.  Good stuff.   Ill keep looking at this thread.   Fasten your seatbelts, its gonna be a hella ride!!! 8)

I always suspected there had to  be a group to keep the money trading in the DOW.   Of course the dow doesnt really represent how the average american is feeling...........its just rich boys playing with rich boys.

I know nothing mentioned here is an absolute, but it makes sense....

the purpose of this thread is to educate gbers as to the workings of Wall Street and how to AVOID losing money.

i will tell you what Wall Street DOESN'T want the average investor to know, or understand.

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #47 on: November 30, 2007, 06:42:39 AM »
it appears by the number of visits to this thread (500+) there's "some" interest on this subject.

rockyfortune

• Getbig IV
  • "look, it's the drunk piano player."
« Reply #48 on: November 30, 2007, 06:49:00 AM »
keep doing it toxin...don't stop because some meathead may rip the thread...
footloose and fancy free

windsor88

• Getbig IV
  • Victim of the Drug War
« Reply #49 on: November 30, 2007, 04:32:02 PM »
Yeah it is good to read.  Keep on posting.