Author Topic: Hahahaha to all the "clean and jerk" abercombies / Tapoutters.  (Read 9705 times)

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
Re: Hahahaha to all the "clean and jerk" abercombies / Tapoutters.
« Reply #100 on: November 17, 2007, 10:34:25 AM »
Looking big Alex23 keep up the hard work
Here comes the money shot

Alex23

« Reply #101 on: November 17, 2007, 10:38:46 AM »
Looking big Alex23 keep up the hard work

I've lost about 20lb of flabs since my "chubby" video...  in 8 months but I don't really give a shit, switched to light beer and do a little cardio ;D

Enjoying life ;D

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #102 on: November 17, 2007, 10:39:55 AM »
Power cleans obviously grow big bodies which is evident in college and pro football.  Those guys put on mass faster than anyone I've ever seen.

I've seen maybe 3 people in my life doing power cleans and none of them were MMA.  Most of those guys stick to machine movements, Bench press and bicep curls.

I think the biggest problem with the C/J, Snatch, etc.... is that people, personal trainers, mainstream magazines, try to recast these exercises as general purpose exercises, and they don't truely understand them.

The Power Clean, C/J, etc..... are exercises that need to be trained with relatively heavy weight, in low rep ranges, to have the most effect.  

Alex23

« Reply #103 on: November 17, 2007, 10:42:01 AM »
I think the biggest problem with the C/J, Snatch, etc.... is that people, personal trainers, mainstream magazines, try to recast these exercises as general purpose exercises, en they don't truely understand them.

The Power Clean, C/J, etc..... are exercises that need to be trained with relatively heavy weight, in low rep ranges, to have the most effect.  

That was my original point... every once in a while, there's a wave of "resurgence" of a given excercise and the skinny fats jump on it like it's a new discovery ::)

Brutal re-inventing the wheel...

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #104 on: November 17, 2007, 10:45:28 AM »
I think the biggest problem with the C/J, Snatch, etc.... is that people, personal trainers, mainstream magazines, try to recast these exercises as general purpose exercises, en they don't truely understand them.

Definitely.  Anyone with an athletic background has done these at some time or another (HS, College, etc) and realize they are useful. 

I've found that underhand rows are the new favorite of the trainers at my gym. 
Squishy face retard

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #105 on: November 17, 2007, 11:37:47 AM »
I think the biggest problem with the C/J, Snatch, etc.... is that people, personal trainers, mainstream magazines, try to recast these exercises as general purpose exercises, and they don't truely understand them.

exactly

the power clean (as the name implies ::)) is a power exercise, not endurance. it is meant to be performed expolosively and briefly.