Author Topic: Michele Niel got screwed  (Read 9396 times)

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
Re: Michele Niel got screwed
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2007, 08:46:34 PM »
I agree it's not a beauty contest, one should judge the women's physiques, not the face, hair.

Are the men judged on how handsome they are?

This is bodybuilding. The woman with the best combination of mass, symmetry, proportion, and conditioning should win.

Tell me this Schmoe country,

If I male bb came on stage with breast and full facial make up on. How would he place??? pretty horribly right?

So the same thing should happen when a FEMALE bb goes on stage lookin like a f'n man!.

Noel Fuller

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2007, 08:48:23 PM »
I agree somewhat....but..it is the total package....good color makes you look polished male or female...I agree a females should take the time to do make up and hair..i think even i would judge down if i see a woman that isnt trying.. I had a girl i was training and I begged her to get her hair and make up done...she wouldnt do it and got marked down for it. Its going to happen so do a different sport if you dont like it. Michele looks good she doesnt look manly.

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2007, 08:56:43 PM »
I agree somewhat....but..it is the total package....good color makes you look polished male or female...I agree a females should take the time to do make up and hair..i think even i would judge down if i see a woman that isnt trying.. I had a girl i was training and I begged her to get her hair and make up done...she wouldnt do it and got marked down for it. Its going to happen so do a different sport if you dont like it. Michele looks good she doesnt look manly.

im not talking about Michelle, Im talking about all female bb'ers they need to look like women.

This is a smart move by the judges, why do u think figure is so popular. Because the girls look like women, their hair, make-up, everything is their very best. Thats how any person should present themselves.

A man should look like a man and a woman should look like a woman.

siouxcountry

• Getbig IV
  • Team Ripitupbaby!
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2007, 10:48:24 PM »
Tell me this Schmoe country,

If I male bb came on stage with breast and full facial make up on. How would he place??? pretty horribly right?

So the same thing should happen when a FEMALE bb goes on stage lookin like a f'n man!.

You are not worth my time.

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2007, 11:10:27 PM »
You are not worth my time.

Thanx for melting down kiddo. Just admit that you've been

siouxcountry

• Getbig IV
  • Team Ripitupbaby!
« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2007, 01:26:26 AM »
Thanx for melting down kiddo. Just admit that you've been

No meltdown here. I don't know if you noticed but Lori is a friend, and I respect her efforts in improving this forum.

If you want to flame me keep it in the gossip forum of this board.

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2007, 04:07:39 AM »
Everyone's entitled to their opinions, as long as you say them respectfully.   :)

This is a bigger issue than Michelle.  People are always going to disagree on some of the placings.  I think Claire got screwed.

It's a subjective "sport," and I personally think that women will always be judged differently than men...and that's regardless of whether men or women are judging.  It's not judged like a beauty pageant - far from that - but there is an element of femininity and "beauty" (however you define that) that comes into judging the women.  It's human nature. 

:)

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2007, 04:19:35 AM »
Everyone's entitled to their opinions, as long as you say them respectfully.   :)

This is a bigger issue than Michelle.  People are always going to disagree on some of the placings.  I think Claire got screwed.

It's a subjective "sport," and I personally think that women will always be judged differently than men...and that's regardless of whether men or women are judging.  It's not judged like a beauty pageant - far from that - but there is an element of femininity and "beauty" (however you define that) that comes into judging the women.  It's human nature. 

Good points.  Always reminds me of just this year while attending a BB show with a novice figure competitor friend of mine.  We were watching the figure finals and we could not help but notice the girls with the biggest boobs and who some would say were very pretty were getting the top placings.  My friend who is not enhanced up top said, "I KNEW IT!!  Thats what it takes, I gotta get some of those."   :)

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2007, 04:36:47 AM »
Good points.  Always reminds me of just this year while attending a BB show with a novice figure competitor friend of mine.  We were watching the figure finals and we could not help but notice the girls with the biggest boobs and who some would say were very pretty were getting the top placings.  My friend who is not enhanced up top said, "I KNEW IT!!  Thats what it takes, I gotta get some of those."   :)

LOL don't get me started on figure, that's a different story!   ::)
I think that there is definitely an element of "sex appeal" that factors into figure judging.  You're dealing with a lot bigger range of physiques in figure, but I do think the standards need to be more consistent.

There's a difference between considering femininty/beauty and sex appeal when judging either figure or BB.  I think that femininity/beauty have to play a part.  With BB, it's not all about facial beauty either...I know plenty of women who I wouldn't necessarily consider "beautiful" standing in a pair of sweats, but who I think are beautiful FBBs.

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2007, 07:37:57 AM »
exactly lori,

so we agree, female bb'ers should be feminine.

Thank you

LOL don't get me started on figure, that's a different story!   ::)
I think that there is definitely an element of "sex appeal" that factors into figure judging.  You're dealing with a lot bigger range of physiques in figure, but I do think the standards need to be more consistent.

There's a difference between considering femininty/beauty and sex appeal when judging either figure or BB.  I think that femininity/beauty have to play a part.  With BB, it's not all about facial beauty either...I know plenty of women who I wouldn't necessarily consider "beautiful" standing in a pair of sweats, but who I think are beautiful FBBs.

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2007, 07:39:07 AM »
No meltdown here. I don't know if you noticed but Lori is a friend, and I respect her efforts in improving this forum.

If you want to flame me keep it in the gossip forum of this board.

dude its called having an opinion of my own. Thats just what I think, and since the judging of female bb'ing is going in that direction, it looks like my opinion AINT THAT BAD.

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2007, 09:51:26 AM »
exactly lori,

so we agree, female bb'ers should be feminine.

Thank you

Yes, I agree with that. 
They don't need to be beauty pageant winners, but they should be feminine, which includes the total package - hair, makeup, structure, lines, and posing.   :)

Billy Guns

« Reply #37 on: December 18, 2007, 09:12:12 AM »

Yes, I agree with that. 
They don't need to be beauty pageant winners, but they should be feminine, which includes the total package - hair, makeup, structure, lines, and posing.   :)

So I guess if Tony's bike dosen't look mean yet runs the quarter mile in the best time he should not win hun? ;D :o

Miss ya!

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: December 18, 2007, 09:32:51 AM »
So I guess if Tony's bike dosen't look mean yet runs the quarter mile in the best time he should not win hun? ;D :o

Miss ya!

hahaha  miss you too Billy!   :-*