Author Topic: Gaining strength and muscle, but still a fatass...wtf?  (Read 10045 times)

OklahomaHoss

• Getbig I
Gaining strength and muscle, but still a fatass...wtf?
« on: October 18, 2007, 09:21:47 PM »
so I've been following Heavy Duty to the letter for about six months now, and I've made better gains than I've ever thought I could. Im getting stronger every goddam time I workout the same muscle group. And Im not working the same muscles (except for legs) but just once every 16 days. Im working legs once every 8 days. And since Im only in the gym for an average of 20 minutes a week, Im in hog heaven.

Except that for some damn reason, Im still carrying around this big assed gut.

I follow the Heavy Duty workout to the letter, meaning that I dont do any aerobics whatsoever. My heart rate's only up when Im working out.

But Im not going crazy with the fast food or junk food either. I eat pretty healthy (steamed rice and salmon is my favorite), but the belly just remains.

Im 6'6" and 375lbs, and I have decent poundages on all my lifs, especially squats and deadlifts.

I'd appreciate any advice I can get. I want to naturally drop the fat but I hate aerobics. I refuse to ever do any steroids, so what are my options?

Thanks in advance.

Hoss

windsor88

• Getbig IV
  • Victim of the Drug War
Re: Gaining strength and muscle, but still a fatass...wtf?
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2007, 12:45:57 AM »
You will have to give us your typical diet for a week.  Every calorie written down and the times you ate.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2007, 02:38:32 AM »
Heavy Duty is so infrequent and so low in volume that you are not creating a calorie deficit which is imperative if you want to lose bodyfat.

Read your post,it sounds so lazy........how can you expect that 20 minute crap to help you lose bodyfat ?

Increase volume or frequency of training,or continue Heavy Duty but add 4-5 days of cardio and get on a good diet.

OklahomaHoss

• Getbig I
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2007, 02:05:41 PM »
You will have to give us your typical diet for a week.  Every calorie written down and the times you ate.

Damn,that nws avatar of yours is gonna get me fired, man.

I should point out that I have a sedentary job ( I work in a call center) and I think this plays a big part of the problem.

but I will, starting monday, try to jot down everything I eat and drink and at what time for you. Any chance I can get you to change that avatar?

OklahomaHoss

• Getbig I
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2007, 02:24:09 PM »
Heavy Duty is so infrequent and so low in volume that you are not creating a calorie deficit which is imperative if you want to lose bodyfat.

Read your post,it sounds so lazy........how can you expect that 20 minute crap to help you lose bodyfat ?

Increase volume or frequency of training,or continue Heavy Duty but add 4-5 days of cardio and get on a good diet.

Don't mistake lazy for efficient, brother.   If Im getting stronger and more muscular, then I must be adding muscle, right?  And it's proven that the more muscle you have, the higher your metabolism and the more calories you burn just for having the muscle. So therefore, following that logic, the more muscular I get, as long as Im eating every 2 or 3 hours and not eating junk food, the less body fat I'll have, since the metabolism will be increasing.

Do you find any fault with this logic? I think I might have figured out the solution to my problem. Eating as often and as healthy as I can with lots of protein. I won't necessarily even need to do aerobics, right?

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2007, 03:19:40 PM »

Any chance I can get you to change that avatar?

Right click on it, click block images.
E

Dragon

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2007, 05:51:29 AM »
so I've been following Heavy Duty to the letter for about six months now, and I've made better gains than I've ever thought I could. Im getting stronger every goddam time I workout the same muscle group. And Im not working the same muscles (except for legs) but just once every 16 days. Im working legs once every 8 days. And since Im only in the gym for an average of 20 minutes a week, Im in hog heaven.

Except that for some damn reason, Im still carrying around this big assed gut.

I follow the Heavy Duty workout to the letter, meaning that I dont do any aerobics whatsoever. My heart rate's only up when Im working out.

But Im not going crazy with the fast food or junk food either. I eat pretty healthy (steamed rice and salmon is my favorite), but the belly just remains.

Im 6'6" and 375lbs, and I have decent poundages on all my lifs, especially squats and deadlifts.

I'd appreciate any advice I can get. I want to naturally drop the fat but I hate aerobics. I refuse to ever do any steroids, so what are my options?

Thanks in advance.

Hoss

i would do cardio at least 3 times per week offseason.
you seem to hate 'aerobics' .. try judo or boxing or something
LOCAL GYM HERO

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2007, 10:34:33 AM »
While it`s true that having more muscle equates to creating a faster metabolic rate even at rest,the fat loss will be minimal unless a calrie deficit is created.

Not saying you`re lazy per se`,just answering your thread question and saying in a nutshell to be more active......a lot more active.......... with clean eating and cardio.

All the best !

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2007, 01:51:34 PM »
Eat 1800 calories a day. You are too fat.

AVBG

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2007, 01:54:40 PM »
If your goal is to look muscular.... cut the calories and do cardio.

OklahomaHoss

• Getbig I
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2007, 03:48:58 PM »
Eat 1800 calories a day. You are too fat.

Why 1800? How did you arrive at that number?  Remember. I dont want anything to do with steroids.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2007, 05:39:46 PM »
I don't usually agree with Adonis but he's right you need to cut your calories - especially since you don't like to do cardio. I think 1800 is a little too drastic especially since you're 6'6" but cutting out about 500 a day would be a good start.

Why don't you get a dog? This way you could walk it for an hour a night - it's not much but it'll burn some calories.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2007, 07:16:39 AM »
holy shit, 6'6" 375? you must look like a giant in person, seriously, that's a lot of size.

Swedish Viking

• Getbig IV
  • http://plunkan.blogspot.com/
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2007, 12:36:14 AM »
http://www.drsquat.com/articles/zigzag.html

follow this and you will be fine.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2007, 06:06:49 AM »
get a stationary bike at your house and ride it in the morning before you eat anything for at least 45 minutes everyday.

its a very very easy workout. you can almost go to sleep doing it. but it will work. trust me. especially on a big fat guy like yourself.

dont eat any carbs the second half of the day either...unless of course thats when you train.

FrenchFrie

• Getbig III
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2007, 05:56:18 AM »
get a stationary bike at your house and ride it in the morning before you eat anything for at least 45 minutes everyday.

its a very very easy workout. you can almost go to sleep doing it. but it will work. trust me. especially on a big fat guy like yourself.

dont eat any carbs the second half of the day either...unless of course thats when you train.
mm stationary bike isnt the best exercise to burn fat...

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2007, 08:40:37 AM »
mm stationary bike isnt the best exercise to burn fat...
yes but its easy, its quiet, lightweight and affordable.

and besides..
for a fat guy with little motivation it will work wonders at getting down to a decent bodyfat%..

D-bol

• Getbig IV
  • Its only hard if you make it hard.
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2007, 09:12:17 PM »

Thanks in advance.

Hoss

focus on diet....watch carbs...white rice is a healthy but very high on carbs...

GET_BIGGER

• Getbig IV
  • Peace and good genes be to you
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2007, 09:12:10 PM »
Very difficult to keep gaining size and strength while trying to cut down.  Can be very fustrating.  I would recommend doing one or the other and repeat the cycle.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2007, 12:34:45 AM »
here was what i ate today dude. i think this is a good diet if you want to cut up with out doing aerobics.

here is what i ate today=

breakfast 10:00 p.m.=
10 egg whites, one green onion, one half white onion. two small boneless skinless chicken tenders. (omelete)

pre workout 12:00 noon=
one and one half scoop no explode, bcaa's

post workout 1:00 p.m.=
10 grams whey protein(one half scoop), then right after i drank that i went to work on a two chicken breast (20 grams each), one half onion stir fry with some salt and hot sauce.

230 p.m.= two chicken breast (again, 20 grams each), green onion and dried onion powder stir fry.

dinner 6:30 p.m.= triple order of steamed green beans, 9 o.z. grilled wild salmon.

7:00 p.m. post dinner snackage = one can of grenn beans mixed with one half white onion and one green onion.

12:00 midnight= one chicken breast (20 grams), one green onion.

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2007, 09:51:01 AM »
yes but its easy, its quiet, lightweight and affordable.

and besides..
for a fat guy with little motivation it will work wonders at getting down to a decent bodyfat%..

How about walking around the block a few times...free, quiet and low impact.

With a name like "Oklahoma Hoss", probably has lots of country to do some walking!

By the way HOSS, you know you will not test positive for weed by an avatar? Your job should be safe 8)

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2007, 05:13:10 PM »
Adonis is clueless about how much a dude as big as you NEEDs to eat.
20+lbs Bodyweight up and down is a fart for you.
Carefull who you listen to.

Lots of crappy advice here.
Low impact is a good idea at your size.

As been pointed out buy one of the intelligent guys, your either bulking or refining the mass you built while taking in excess cal's and lifting heavy.
Gaining muscle looking contest ripped is fantasy. Just look at the guys who promote it.
Even a Pro like Shawn Ray never gained much after a certain point. Compare him to the guys that bulked more in the offseason.... But it All depends on your goals. If you want to throw away good muscle its up to you.

All the Bullshit about increasing your Heavy duty training to turn it into aerobics is Ass Backwards.
Weight lifting ain't for cardio, its for building muscle and its working for you.
As big as you are, maybee you want to do overhead press with the stair climber machine?
It makes about as much sense as turning your weight workouts to cardio.

Do your cardio FIRST THING IN THE MORNING BEFORE YOU EAT (Walk, stair climb, anything that works, you'll prolly break a lot of apparatus these dumbass are recomending... they never worked, lived, and ate with a 300lb+ guy. Clueless dorks.)

Cut back on the carbs as much as you can stand with out a Carb & Fat pigout backlash.
Lean Beef and other protine. Up the fibrous veggies to keep you feeling full.
Drink nothing but water or coffee. Eliminate ALL soda (even diet) and alcohol.
Avoid fast food or better yet, eliminate it too.

Ask for advice on the steroid board even if your not user. This board is a laugh.....
Good luck, Awesome size. Don't be in a hurry to sacrifice any of your muscle thats hiding under a little fat and water.

6' 6" 375lbs -  1800 cals...  ::)  What a asshole.

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2007, 11:50:48 PM »
here was what i ate today dude. i think this is a good diet if you want to cut up with out doing aerobics.

here is what i ate today=

breakfast 10:00 p.m.=
10 egg whites, one green onion, one half white onion. two small boneless skinless chicken tenders. (omelete)

pre workout 12:00 noon=
one and one half scoop no explode, bcaa's

post workout 1:00 p.m.=
10 grams whey protein(one half scoop), then right after i drank that i went to work on a two chicken breast (20 grams each), one half onion stir fry with some salt and hot sauce.

230 p.m.= two chicken breast (again, 20 grams each), green onion and dried onion powder stir fry.

dinner 6:30 p.m.= triple order of steamed green beans, 9 o.z. grilled wild salmon.

7:00 p.m. post dinner snackage = one can of grenn beans mixed with one half white onion and one green onion.

12:00 midnight= one chicken breast (20 grams), one green onion.

get some healthy fats in your diet bro..........your body will look soo much better with them in ur diet plan! :)

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2007, 12:36:19 PM »
i supplement with fats, i dont get them from food sources; at least not when im cutting up. i took a couple grams of fish oil spread through out the day...but when im looking to put on size i just add in the yolks to my eggs and thats it.

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2007, 11:02:20 PM »
a couple grams........Add some healthy fats damnt ! :)