Author Topic: Greatest beatdown in sports history.  (Read 3701 times)

Heywood

• Getbig IV
Re: Greatest beatdown in sports history.
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2007, 07:47:58 AM »
gee, steroids have really been great for sports, right?

F'n destroys any semblance of anything real............

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2007, 07:48:46 AM »
Thats true, but does anyone have proof that Carl was on. 
Widely known at the time, in the right circles. Carl's samples were tested to be positive and the American lobby went to work and had it quashed. Ben was thrown to the wolves. If memory serves me, I read that in a book on the Olympics called The Lords of the Rings. 

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2007, 07:53:43 AM »
This is true  ;)

The biggest shame about this race was the fact that Johnson was the ONLY one to get caught  :-\

very true.. IT IS AN EVEN PLAYING FIELD IS WHAT MOST DON"T REALIZE BECAUSE EVERYONE AT THAT LEVEL IS DOING SOMETHING
irongearco.com

Deadpool

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2007, 07:55:49 AM »
Balco...awesome stuff.  I am happy to support SNAC and down their nightime ZMA Nightcap in awesome apple berry flavor.
X

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2007, 07:56:58 AM »
On December 3, 2004, Victor Conte, the founder of BALCO, appeared in an interview with Martin Bashir on ABC's 20/20. In the interview, Conte told a national audience that he had personally given Jones five different illegal performance enhancing drugs before, during and after the 2000 Sydney Olympic Games. In the course of investigative research, San Francisco-base reporters Lance Williams and Mark Fainaru-Wada reported Jones had received banned drugs from BALCO, citing documentary evidence and testimony from Jones's ex-husband, disgraced Olympian C.J. Hunter, who claims to have seen her inject herself with the steroids

which doesn't amount to proof.

the testimony of the disgraced and bitter ex and a convicted drug dealer? i don't think so. hearsay at best. wouldn't stand in any court.

her admission was vital and i have no idea why she did admit. i guess there must have been further evidence not submitted and that she didn't want submitted.

bigkid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2007, 08:02:19 AM »
which doesn't amount to proof.

the testimony of the disgraced and bitter ex and a convicted drug dealer? i don't think so. hearsay at best. wouldn't stand in any court.

her admission was vital and i have no idea why she did admit. i guess there must have been further evidence not submitted and that she didn't want submitted.
  Are you kidding?  He wasn't even convicted in 2004. COnte had nothing to gain.  Her coach was dirty, her bf was dirty, her nutritionist was dirty.  Marion Jones went from winning golds in 2000 to not even finishing in the medals in 2004.  Carl Lewis was a constant winner.  Not a flash in the pan.  You can't even remotely compare the marion jones situation to Carl Lewis.

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2007, 08:20:45 AM »
  Are you kidding?  He wasn't even convicted in 2004. COnte had nothing to gain.  Her coach was dirty, her bf was dirty, her nutritionist was dirty.  Marion Jones went from winning golds in 2000 to not even finishing in the medals in 2004.  Carl Lewis was a constant winner.  Not a flash in the pan.  You can't even remotely compare the marion jones situation to Carl Lewis.

none of that amounts to proof. simply doesn't. she could be swimming in needles every day. not proof.

marion was the golden girl track in 2000 and prior. the only reason why she wasn't after that was because balco got found, conte blabbed and jones was watched like a hawk pre 2004.

carl won year after year because they had nothing like the testing conditions they have now. put it this way, when carl was winning gold, there was no need for balco and the only reason why ben even got caught was because he took a water based anabolic, stanazolol, too close to comp. a drug that should have been clear from his urine in 2 weeks. you do know they weren't even testing the athletes in training back then?

nowadays they test for all sorts of shit but, guess what? they have no foolproof tests for the rolls royce of peds including gh, epo and insulin. ask Milos how easy it is for those in the know to pass a test? no matter how up to date the ioc get with their technology the drug gurus are way ahead.

in carl's time there were ZERO tests done out of comp and the comp tests were a fucking joke. or maybe the eastern bloc countries weren't taking drugs afterall? ::)

the only time people get caught is when someone blabs and someone blabbed to goes fishing.

bigkid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: November 27, 2007, 08:32:38 AM »
none of that amounts to proof. simply doesn't. she could be swimming in needles every day. not proof.
Of course thats proof.  People get convicted of murder without a video tape of them doing so.

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: November 27, 2007, 08:45:38 AM »
Of course thats proof.  People get convicted of murder without a video tape of them doing so.

true, but there's forensics evidence from the scene, competent and unbiased witnesses, admissions by the accused, murder weapon left at the scene, motivation of the accused, etc.

Sir Bigness

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Get busy Living, or get busy Dying!!
« Reply #34 on: November 27, 2007, 05:35:42 PM »
They were all on the juice! He's the only one that got caught!

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #35 on: November 27, 2007, 05:43:32 PM »
They were all on the juice! He's the only one that was incredibly stupid and got caught!

fixed  :)
a

CARTEL

• Getbig V
  • Have a good time, all the time.
« Reply #36 on: November 27, 2007, 07:40:19 PM »
HEY! Who put their Kools out on my carpet?

/too obscure?

Trading Places my good Dr. Chimps.

"I've been waiting for you Billy Ray."

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #37 on: November 28, 2007, 03:31:45 AM »
Trading Places my good Dr. Chimps.

"I've been waiting for you Billy Ray."
One of my favourite comedies. I watch it every now and again to remind myself that Eddie Murphy used to be funny.  :-\

KillerMonk

• Getbig IV
  • Future President Of USA
« Reply #38 on: November 28, 2007, 03:45:54 AM »
This is no lie when asked in an interview with Ben Johnson about his drug usage he said he took one tablet 5mg of stanazol a day, was he lying probaly but who knows.
When i was using stanazol i was injecting 250mg per day things that make you go Hmmmm
Arnold For President 2012.2016

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #39 on: November 28, 2007, 04:37:56 AM »
This is no lie when asked in an interview with Ben Johnson about his drug usage he said he took one tablet 5mg of stanazol a day, was he lying probaly but who knows.
When i was using stanazol i was injecting 250mg per day things that make you go Hmmmm
Well, it's no secret that Ben is not the sharpest knife in the drawer, so he might really think that. His coach, Charlie Francis, however, is very bright and he would be the one to look at, as he oversaw Ben's drug regimine. Still a strength coach, I believe, somewhere.