Author Topic: Weak USD Good?  (Read 885 times)

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
Weak USD Good?
« on: November 24, 2007, 10:10:08 PM »
I think the weak dollar helps us sell products made from US made steel overseas. I think a continuing weak dollar is good for the US. I encourage our administration to continue that policy.

Is that accurate?

S

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
Re: Weak USD Good?
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2007, 02:25:19 AM »
Is that accurate?

Bullshit. Maybe for a month or two but the US is a CONSUMER, not a PRODUCER so exports aren't really boosting the economy at all despite what many claim.
The weak dollar is a sign of the empire collapsing and peoples' lack of confidence in it. Already Indian tourist sites have stopped accepting USD and many banks worldwide are diversifying the currencies they hold and dropping USD. Don't believe the lies, this is the beginning of a crisis.
I hate the State.

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2007, 03:58:17 AM »
Bullshit. Maybe for a month or two but the US is a CONSUMER, not a PRODUCER so exports aren't really boosting the economy at all despite what many claim.
The weak dollar is a sign of the empire collapsing and peoples' lack of confidence in it. Already Indian tourist sites have stopped accepting USD and many banks worldwide are diversifying the currencies they hold and dropping USD. Don't believe the lies, this is the beginning of a crisis.

I agree Trap,  the US consumer accounts for 70% of our nations GDP. not exports. since we no longer manufacture in the US we depend on the CONSUMER to buy, buy, buy to keep the economy afloat. all the products we buy usually say MADE IN CHINA etc.

IMO, our economy is beginning to show signs of imploding. NO economy cannot sustain itself over the long run by producing NOTHING and buying products made abroad. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2007, 04:44:23 AM »
Some small guys might end up selling more of their goods to oversees buyers but it will not offset the factors mentioned in the posts above.  Look at the middle class in this.  They're taking a triple hit on this bullshit.  Losing jobs to illegal labor, losing jobs to outsourcing and accepting lower wages to compete against both many times taking multiple jobs to cover what they use to get paid, now what they are earning is worth less.  Look for more land to be sold to foreign buyers, where an American would have previously developed.  It'll get worse.  Cue the Amero/NAU right after another major attack billed as the only way America can compete in a new global era... ::) One more step to one world government...  People wonder why I like a guy like Chavez.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2007, 06:28:14 AM »
I agree Trap,  the US consumer accounts for 70% of our nations GDP. not exports. since we no longer manufacture in the US we depend on the CONSUMER to buy, buy, buy to keep the economy afloat. all the products we buy usually say MADE IN CHINA etc.

IMO, our economy is beginning to show signs of imploding. NO economy cannot sustain itself over the long run by producing NOTHING and buying products made abroad. 

Word up homey but it will be a long time before Fox news registers this shit...

Ron Paul 2008!
I hate the State.

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2007, 09:01:57 AM »
I think the dollar is losing value because there is simply too many dollars out there. We've just gone through a period of extremely cheap money financed by none other than the crooks, I mean the FEDS, in which EVERYTHING was overvalued. Nature, including our sacrosant "free" market, has a tendency to correct itself, although I do not foresee a huge crash (internationally) in the value of the dollar.

As far as outsourcing American jobs... well, most people voted for The Fuckup of All Fuckeups, aka G.W.B., even though he had an inclination to side with big business, so we had it coming, and we fucking deserve it. Any way, when this outsourcing issue came along, people started freaking out because most manufacturing jobs would be lost to China and India (amongst other countries), and we were told that the US economy would become a huge services-related economy, based solely on intangible services and our own consumption.

What I've learned in my Economics 101 class is that in order to create value you must produce something. And responding to emails, answering customer queries or putting through customer orders will not support an entire economy because you are really not producing much. Multiply that by 50 million and that's the future of the US economy. Getting paid much less though.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2007, 03:53:39 AM »
Is that accurate?

A weak USD indicates a weaker US economy.

Which isn't good.
As empty as paradise

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2007, 05:24:21 AM »
A weak USD indicates a weaker US economy. [...]

Not necessarily.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2007, 05:34:22 AM »
I think the dollar is losing value because there is simply too many dollars out there. We've just gone through a period of extremely cheap money financed by none other than the crooks, I mean the FEDS, in which EVERYTHING was overvalued. Nature, including our sacrosant "free" market, has a tendency to correct itself, although I do not foresee a huge crash (internationally) in the value of the dollar.

As far as outsourcing American jobs... well, most people voted for The Fuckup of All Fuckeups, aka G.W.B., even though he had an inclination to side with big business, so we had it coming, and we fucking deserve it. Any way, when this outsourcing issue came along, people started freaking out because most manufacturing jobs would be lost to China and India (amongst other countries), and we were told that the US economy would become a huge services-related economy, based solely on intangible services and our own consumption.

What I've learned in my Economics 101 class is that in order to create value you must produce something. And responding to emails, answering customer queries or putting through customer orders will not support an entire economy because you are really not producing much. Multiply that by 50 million and that's the future of the US economy. Getting paid much less though.

Yes, summed up: too much credit in circulation....is inflation and destroys the currency...
I hate the State.