Author Topic: Trend of athletes being robbed  (Read 2328 times)

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
Trend of athletes being robbed
« on: November 30, 2007, 01:20:36 AM »
• In September, two men broke into the home of Houston Texans cornerback Dunta Robinson and robbed him of several pieces of jewelry. Robinson was held at gunpoint during the robbery, bound with duct tape, before the robbers fled.

•In July, then Miami Heat star Antoine Walker was robbed at gunpoint during a brash home invasion in Chicago. The assailants took thousands in cash and jewelry, as well as Walker's Mercedes-Benz. During the robbery, three gunmen tied up the NBA star and another individual before making off with his valuables.

• Later that month, New York Knicks center Eddy Curry was tied up, along with his wife and an employee, as his house was looted for cash and jewelry by three armed intruders. The intruders reportedly left with $10,000 and several pieces of jewelry.

• In June, the mother of drowned New England Patriots defensive end Marquise Hill had $16,000 in valuables stolen from her home while she attended her son's funeral.

• In March of 2006, then Houston Texans cornerback Phillip Buchanon was pistol-whipped and robbed in his home by a half-dozen men wearing ski masks. During approximately 90 minutes in his home, the assailants gathered two plasma TVs, cash, clothing, jewelry and other valuable electronics, then made off in his SUV.

• In January of 2005, the Los Angeles area home of Clippers star Cuttino Mobley was robbed of nearly $500,000 in cash, jewelry and other valuables. Mobley wasn't home when the theft took place.

• That same month, three burglars were apprehended shortly after they stole over $65,000 in cash, jewelry and other items from the condominium of then Pittsburgh Steelers wideout Plaxico Burress.

Saxon

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy Metal Thunder
Re: Trend of athletes being robbed
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2007, 04:43:11 AM »
Same thing is happening to soccer players of Liverpool FC in England.  Dirk Kuyt becomes the fifth Liverpool player to be burgled in the last 18 months, after Jerzy Dudek, Daniel Agger, Peter Crouch and Pepe Reina.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2007, 07:43:09 AM »
TBH, I'm suprised it doesn't happen more often.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2007, 11:53:07 AM »
TBH, I'm suprised it doesn't happen more often.
it does happens alot, most guy dont even report it, i remeber stephon marbury was robbed (car jacked) in new york, Zab judah was robbed in broad daylight in New york

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2007, 12:00:50 PM »
Zab judah was robbed in broad daylight in New york

and I'd like to buy whoever did that a beer !

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2007, 12:50:55 PM »
and I'd like to buy whoever did that a beer !
go to harlem, thats where it happened, the idiot shows up with $200,000 worth of jewels and a ferrari..they left him the car but took the rest..

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2007, 03:45:09 PM »
• In September, two men broke into the home of Houston Texans cornerback Dunta Robinson and robbed him of several pieces of jewelry. Robinson was held at gunpoint during the robbery, bound with duct tape, before the robbers fled.

•In July, then Miami Heat star Antoine Walker was robbed at gunpoint during a brash home invasion in Chicago. The assailants took thousands in cash and jewelry, as well as Walker's Mercedes-Benz. During the robbery, three gunmen tied up the NBA star and another individual before making off with his valuables.

• Later that month, New York Knicks center Eddy Curry was tied up, along with his wife and an employee, as his house was looted for cash and jewelry by three armed intruders. The intruders reportedly left with $10,000 and several pieces of jewelry.

• In June, the mother of drowned New England Patriots defensive end Marquise Hill had $16,000 in valuables stolen from her home while she attended her son's funeral.

• In March of 2006, then Houston Texans cornerback Phillip Buchanon was pistol-whipped and robbed in his home by a half-dozen men wearing ski masks. During approximately 90 minutes in his home, the assailants gathered two plasma TVs, cash, clothing, jewelry and other valuable electronics, then made off in his SUV.

• In January of 2005, the Los Angeles area home of Clippers star Cuttino Mobley was robbed of nearly $500,000 in cash, jewelry and other valuables. Mobley wasn't home when the theft took place.

• That same month, three burglars were apprehended shortly after they stole over $65,000 in cash, jewelry and other items from the condominium of then Pittsburgh Steelers wideout Plaxico Burress.

Wow, $500,000 sure is an awful lot of scratch. These guys are targets, plain and simple. It sparks a lot of jealousy, especially from people who know that they're more intelligent and have to work harder in life than these athletes do. Money makes the world go around. When you have situations that sometimes illustrate the dumb jock persona, these guys instantly become the prey. Walking around dressed like a hood rat but flashing all this bling worth god knows how much money and driving the most ridiculous lavish rides. It sparks hate and jelousy, man.

Pretty amazing that all of these incidents involve situations where guys are keeping shitloads of cash lying out in the open and not in a bank or offshore account.

Actually come to think of it, these athletes were probably held at gunpoint to give up the combos for the wall and floor safes. I'm willing to bet all these guys were absolutely petrified and scared shitless thinking they were going to die. I read somewhere that Antoine Walker was VERY shaken up after his incident and took him a long while before he starting trusting people again.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2007, 07:00:05 PM »
i remember stephon marbury was robbed (car jacked) in new york

The Knicks should steal back some of the millions he has stolen from them.

CARTEL

• Getbig V
  • Have a good time, all the time.
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2007, 09:05:07 PM »
You might as well rob a rich person rather than a poor one.

You got to go where the money is.

I believe Stephon was at a stop light when a thief ran up and ripped his chain off of him. That chain was worth a lot of money. I think it was worth like $80 to $100 grand.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2007, 10:42:13 PM »
You might as well rob a rich person rather than a poor one.

You got to go where the money is.

I believe Stephon was at a stop light when a thief ran up and ripped his chain off of him. That chain was worth a lot of money. I think it was worth like $80 to $100 grand.
yeah, thats it

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2007, 10:46:50 PM »
I read somewhere that Antoine Walker was VERY shaken up after his incident and took him a long while before he starting trusting people again.
He left that house and never returned, home invasion are always violent, guns and threats..

milfer

• Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2007, 10:40:20 AM »
most of them a jealous old friends that think they are owed something just because they grew up or know the guy
?

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2007, 01:25:11 PM »
most of them a jealous old friends that think they are owed something just because they grew up or know the guy
thats true, even Jay-z and 50 cent have a few people like that, these clowns on youtube saying  as soon as jay and 50 left the hood they never came back..why the fuck would they!

OneBigMan

« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2007, 12:13:32 PM »

This is a trend that I can't even recall when it started. I can't imagine how scary and emotional it would be to be a victim of a home invasion robbery by a group of intruders. One thing I know for sure is the Sean Taylor tragedy isn't going to be the last one you hear about concerning a pro athlete being robbed inside of his own house.

Having your residence broken into by burglar is probably the most offensive thing that can happen to anybody, especially a wealthy person. This makes me think of one thing which is home gun ownership because anybody that tries to burglarize someone's personal living space deserves to get shot by the owner. Sean Taylor should have been armed so he could put a few bullets into those teenage street punks who broke into his place.

The other thing about this trend of athletes being robbed where they live is why don't they get their homes equipped with one of those ADT burglary monitoring systems. I recall seeing those commercials many years ago where they were advertising ADT and talking about how customer friendly they were. Look at what happens when you take it for granted that you have all the safety you need especially if you're a professional athlete living in a rich neighborhood.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2007, 01:17:46 PM »
they tend to rob the average player, the superstars are to hard to rob, imagine trying to home invade Shaq, Lebron, Jordan, Tiger woods, they have CIA type security, so robbing players like Antoine walker, eddy curry seems like a breeze..

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2007, 01:43:34 PM »
they tend to rob the average player, the superstars are to hard to rob, imagine trying to home invade Shaq, Lebron, Jordan, Tiger woods, they have CIA type security, so robbing players like Antoine walker, eddy curry seems like a breeze..

Absolutely correct. Even the mid-level players in the NBA are really overpaid so they become huge targets.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2007, 05:45:15 PM »
Absolutely correct. Even the mid-level players in the NBA are really overpaid so they become huge targets.
yeah, Nick anderson lives in a huge mansion in chicago and he was a role player, so does Kendall Gill

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2007, 06:01:28 PM »
ATLANTA - Atlanta forward Shelden Williams was carjacked at gunpoint Saturday before the Hawks’ game against Charlotte.

Douglasville City Police said two suspects were arrested late Saturday afternoon at Arbor Place Mall in Douglas County, near Atlanta. The suspects were in Williams’ car and were attempting a robbery, according to an officer who answered the phone at the Douglasville Police Department.

The officer, who declined to give her name, said one suspect was taken to a hospital after suffering dog bites from the police canine unit during the arrest.

Hawks spokesman Arthur Triche says Williams provided police with the license plate number of the vehicle used by the carjackers, leading to a search that led to two suspects being arrested at a mall in Douglas County. Williams’ car was found at the scene.

“I’m just glad that he’s safe,” Hawks coach Mike Woodson said.

“Cars and things like that, jewelry, money, all that can be replaced.”

Triche said the car was damaged when found.

Williams entered Saturday night’s game against the Charlotte Bobcats as a reserve in the first period.

Williams told Woodson and other team officials about the incident when he reported for the game. He said the car was stolen outside a barber shop.

Williams declined comment to The Associated Press.

Fulton County Police spokesman Gary Syblis said Williams was driving a 2008 Chrysler.

Syblis said Williams, a second-year player from Duke, did not identify himself as a player for the Hawks.

Syblis says the incident occurred outside a barber shop on Cascade Road.

The incident is only the latest in a series of attacks on professional athletes. Washington Redskins star Sean Taylor was shot and killed at his home in what is believed to have been a botched burglary.

Earlier this month, Indiana Pacers guard Jamaal Tinsley and his entourage were shot at in a parking lot outside a five-star hotel in Indianapolis.