Author Topic: Val Waugaman and other competitors: New American Gladiators  (Read 6230 times)

On_Swole

• Expert
  • Getbig III
Re: Val Waugaman and other competitors: New American Gladiators
« Reply #50 on: November 27, 2007, 11:09:21 AM »
If they are getting 'gladiators' from the cover of Muscle and Fitness then they better be prepared to give away lots of $$$, when i lasted checked BBs were as athletic as Sean Taylor playing next week... :-\

Well, as far as the guys go, O'Hearn is a former all american football player from WA, not to mention a California state judo champion and drug free powerlifting champion. If I'm not mistaken, one of the other guys is a former NFL player who played for the Titans and Falcons.

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
« Reply #51 on: November 27, 2007, 11:10:30 AM »
Incorrect.
Verify with THE RONfather if you doubt me.

:-*
Elevate Your Image.™

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #52 on: November 27, 2007, 11:13:32 AM »

fucking show won't last six minutes...a bunch of roided up freakshows running around in hot pants...

All the women are natural, and the guys had to pass pretty extensive drug tests, too.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: November 27, 2007, 11:16:17 AM »
Yes, Six YEARS. Not episodes.

I know people.  8)

That sounds very sketchy, Lift. 

Major TV stars don't even get 6-year deals and it's rare that even a pro athlete does. 

Guaranteed 6-year contracts are a rarity in Hollywood, you know. 

Someone else will need to corroborate your claim. 

bentone

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #54 on: November 27, 2007, 11:18:42 AM »
After seeing the add it confirms that they chose Gladiators that are beatable. I know someone personally that was in the final 8 who did not make the final cut and he is a hell of a lot bigger and better qualified than most. Trust me when I say the folks here at getbig would have been pleased with this cat on the show. I am glad to see the show back on the air but bummed to see my buddy got passed up for some seriously weak ass looking gladiators (Mike O'hearn excluded).

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #55 on: November 27, 2007, 11:18:54 AM »
24 episodes are being shot during the next 2 - 2/12 weeks, and they will start to air in January, I think.  NBC will bring out a press release on who the Gladiators are, the nicknames, the background, and more very shortly, as we saw the first commercials going on the air.

As for the contracts, we have heard they are for six years, and if all goes well, more than one season per year.  NBC is taking this show very seriously, and spending a lot on it.

It is nice to see some of our friends being featured prominently on national television.

And yes, we have talked with a number of the Gladiators, but out of courtesty, we are waiting.

rockyfortune

• Getbig IV
  • "look, it's the drunk piano player."
« Reply #56 on: November 27, 2007, 11:22:32 AM »
All the women are natural, and the guys had to pass pretty extensive drug tests, too.

classic..what's you definition of natural?
footloose and fancy free

On_Swole

• Expert
  • Getbig III
« Reply #57 on: November 27, 2007, 11:26:30 AM »
Verify with THE RONfather if you doubt me.

:-*

My verification comes from sources quite a bit closer to everything than that.

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: November 27, 2007, 11:29:10 AM »
On_swole how dare you doubt Ron.

Never doubt The Ron.

Elevate Your Image.™

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #59 on: November 27, 2007, 11:50:52 AM »

Lots of rumors and info coming out from various people who were actively trying out for the show, some got in as official Gladiators, some went to training camps, then were let go, some got to the finals stages, and contract negotiations.  Perhaps everyone had different stipulations in their deals, and what is expected of them, and what they can and cannot do. 

But the show is generating a lot of interest, and that is good for NBC, and for the gladiators involved, some of which are in the figure, fitness and bodybuilding industry.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: November 27, 2007, 11:53:39 AM »
After seeing the add it confirms that they chose Gladiators that are beatable. I know someone personally that was in the final 8 who did not make the final cut and he is a hell of a lot bigger and better qualified than most. Trust me when I say the folks here at getbig would have been pleased with this cat on the show. I am glad to see the show back on the air but bummed to see my buddy got passed up for some seriously weak ass looking gladiators (Mike O'hearn excluded).

Who is it?

Will he try out to become a contender?

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: November 27, 2007, 11:56:05 AM »
classic..what's you definition of natural?

None of the 4 primary women has ever tested positive for any substance currently banned by the IOC or WADA. 

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: November 27, 2007, 11:57:59 AM »
24 episodes are being shot during the next 2 - 2/12 weeks...

24??

Man, you and Lift are throwing out some very big numbers.

Next, you guys are going to be telling us that each of the 8 main Gladiators will earn an estimated $750,000/year in salary alone. 

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: November 27, 2007, 11:59:38 AM »
It is nice to see some of our friends being featured prominently on national television.

This is totally cool and I'm glad the Gladiators are getting so much attention already, but my question for you is this - how come you and Isaac have said virtually nothing about Kim Lyons' performance on "Biggest Loser"?

What do you have against Kim? 

Eng1n33r

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
« Reply #64 on: November 27, 2007, 12:01:18 PM »
She doesn't train at a gym.

Valerie trains at the Cleveland Athletic Club in Cleveland, OH.

rockyfortune

• Getbig IV
« Reply #65 on: November 27, 2007, 12:03:06 PM »
None of the 4 primary women has ever tested positive for any substance currently banned by the IOC or WADA. 

oh..ok..so they beat the tests...fine...don't sit there and state that they are natural...none of that on the screen is natural..go blow smoke up someone else's ass.
footloose and fancy free

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #66 on: November 27, 2007, 12:05:17 PM »
Biggest Loser? Biggest Loser?

Regarding 24 episodes in 2 - 2.5 weeks. Shouldn't be too hard. although I'm not too sure why they would shoot for such an expedited schedule, but those #'s aren't that hard to achieve.

I'll try and check-out a taping and report back...
a

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #67 on: November 27, 2007, 12:06:41 PM »
This is totally cool and I'm glad the Gladiators are getting so much attention already, but my question for you is this - how come you and Isaac have said virtually nothing about Kim Lyons' performance on "Biggest Loser"? What do you have against Kim?  

Kim is awesome, married to Gunter, very nice, very polite, last saw her at the Olympia backstage, and is a great trainer on that show. Simple as that. And yes, when she started with that show, we did talk about her a lot.

24?? Man, you and Lift are throwing out some very big numbers.

Ok, maybe a bit less, around 14-16...  are you happy now! Taping at Sony Studios, 10202 W. Washington Blvd (Enter at Overland Ave Gate), Culver City, CA

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: November 27, 2007, 12:06:48 PM »
oh..ok..so they beat the tests...fine...don't sit there and state that they are natural...none of that on the screen is natural..go blow smoke up someone else's ass.

You're wrong.  Half of them wouldn't even know where to obtain any under-the-counter 'helpers', you ding-dong!   ;D

rockyfortune

• Getbig IV
« Reply #69 on: November 27, 2007, 12:09:22 PM »
You're wrong.  Half of them wouldn't even know where to obtain any under-the-counter 'helpers', you ding-dong!   ;D

ok, i'll take your word for it! ::)
footloose and fancy free

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: November 27, 2007, 12:10:26 PM »
Biggest Loser? Biggest Loser?

Regarding 24 episodes in 2 - 2.5 weeks. Shouldn't be too hard. although I'm not too sure why they would shoot for such an expedited schedule, but those #'s aren't that hard to achieve.

I'll try and check- taping and report back...

Thanks, Tommy.  I look forward to your report!

I suppose it could be done, but depending on how many reserve Gladiators there are, it doesn't seem like they're getting sufficient rest and recovery time.  I don't know many people who could engage in serious athletic competition involving contact for several hours a day for 14 days straight and still be able to go at 100%.  

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: November 27, 2007, 12:15:07 PM »
Thanks, Tommy.  I look forward to your report!

I suppose it could be done, but depending on how many reserve Gladiators there are, it doesn't seem like they're getting sufficient rest and recovery time.  I don't know many people who could engage in serious athletic competition involving contact for several hours a day for 14 days straight and still be able to go at 100%. 

Schedule of taping is:
http://www.americangladiatortickets.com/

Tickets here:
http://www.formlogix.com/Manager/UserForm34251.aspx?Param=VXNlcklkPTM0MjUxLkZvcm1JZD0xLlJvd0lEPS0xLkFwcE5hbWU9QXBwLkZvcm1OYW1lPUFtZXJpY2FuIEdsYWRpYXRvciBUaWNrZXQgUmVxdWVzdC5RdWlja0xpbmtJRD0tMQ==
Elevate Your Image.™

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: November 27, 2007, 12:17:01 PM »
24??

Man, you and Lift are throwing out some very big numbers.

Next, you guys are going to be telling us that each of the 8 main Gladiators will earn an estimated $750,000/year in salary alone. 
What kind of fuzzy math are you doing?

Elevate Your Image.™

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: November 27, 2007, 12:25:00 PM »
What kind of fuzzy math are you doing?

Well, figure that they'll earn ~$5000/episode...just a guess based on these other huge numbers you and Ron are throwing around...so figure they'll shoot 144 episodes in a year (to fulfill these alleged '6-year contracts') and the salary would be $720,000/year...and of course there would be some bonuses, a cut of merchandising, etc.

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: November 27, 2007, 12:26:40 PM »
This is totally cool and I'm glad the Gladiators are getting so much attention already, but my question for you is this - how come you and Isaac have said virtually nothing about Kim Lyons' performance on "Biggest Loser"?

What do you have against Kim? 
http://www.hardbody.com/news/2007/10/16/ifbb-pro-kim-lyons-featured-in-denver-post/

Kim is great and I spoke at length with Gunter in West Palm Beach. There are many things happening behind-the-scenes on the show. As far as her performance on the show, it goes without saying she does a tremendous job.

Patience grasshopper - you may need to open your wallet.
Elevate Your Image.™