Author Topic: Warning for all gymgoers  (Read 4993 times)

coltrane

• Getbig IV
Re: Warning for all gymgoers
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2007, 01:55:37 PM »
makes sense....thanks for the info

i really hope ppl read this thread and take it seriously.  Overuse of antibiotics by some ppl affects all!

warrior_code

• Getbig III
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2007, 01:56:14 PM »
That is why the Microbiology Department at my university insisted on putting a liquid dispenser outside of our gym entrance that had a high quality hand sanitizer where you would use it before you go in.  We found there to be ALOT of strains that were resistant on some of the equipment.  

Triple-H_2005

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • I mostly lurk...
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2007, 01:59:51 PM »
makes sense....thanks for the info

i really hope ppl read this thread and take it seriously.  Overuse of antibiotics by some ppl affects all!
Just be thankful he didn't use "maggot therapy"!  It works, but it's pretty disgusting!

Lamplighterx

• Getbig III
  • I support the Wizard of Truth
« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2007, 02:10:20 PM »
feel better bro
Proud to be a member of Team Nasser

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2007, 02:44:04 PM »
definitely

i've noticed most don't wash there hands when leaving the gym either....

I really assumed that the gyms disinfect the towels they hand out my washing them...so much for assumptions

I've trained perhaps 5,000 - 6,000 times in my life, in many different gyms and I've never, not even once, washed my hands when leaving the gym.

Anyhoo... antibiotics work, you'll be fine.
a

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2007, 02:52:58 PM »
hope you feel better man.

this is the second time I"ve ever heard of staph infections.

pic of Kevin randlemans staph infection.
http://www.mmanews.com/other/Pics--Quotes:-Randleman-Suffering-From-Awful-Staph-Infection.html

The Jeenius

• Getbig II
« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2007, 07:13:57 PM »
translation : " I sucked off the mexican hunk in the gym bathroom , got gooed on , annally raped , got some weird mexican VD "  :-X

Speaking from experience eh Semeneater?

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2007, 08:55:12 PM »
I never wipe down machines or wash my hands after a workout.  I've managed to 15 years in gyms without contracting anything. ;)
Face it, people these days are just pussies.  My favorite, the handy wipes for your shopping cart at the supermarket. ;D  Holy shit, our country is full of queers.
Let's legalize gay marriage, ban smoking everywhere, and up the handy wipes in supermarkets. ;D  Gotta love it.  No wonder so many countries hate us.
N

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2007, 09:22:18 PM »
some other countries already have gay marriage Crotchity. BUt I do agree that Americans are full of fear and the nightly news is much to blame. The gay marriage thing wont happen because of fears as well. Every one is scared...look at 240, he is advocating everyone keeping a gun in their house in case of an intruder.

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2007, 09:25:56 PM »
some other countries already have gay marriage Crotchity. BUt I do agree that Americans are full of fear and the nightly news is much to blame. The gay marriage thing wont happen because of fears as well. Every one is scared...look at 240, he is advocating everyone keeping a gun in their house in case of an intruder.
The nightly news, utter waste of airtime.  People love to see horrid shit, but they act empathetic towards it.  Murders, rapes, tragedy.  The more horrific, the better the ratings...haha
N

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2007, 09:31:41 PM »

http://www.mmanews.com/other/Pics--Quotes:-Randleman-Suffering-From-Awful-Staph-Infection.html

:o Damn!
a

Beener

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: November 28, 2007, 09:40:12 PM »
translation : " I sucked off the mexican hunk in the gym bathroom , got gooed on , annally raped , got some weird mexican VD "  :-X

Oh you work out at the YMCA too? My YMCA is pretty much gay central. I really like the gym though so I ignore the men staring at me... :S

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #37 on: November 28, 2007, 09:50:08 PM »
I know I sound like a broken record.

IMO everyone should wash their hands before(and after), ESPECIALLY men.
Let’s take your average day.  You go about your business touching all sorts of incredibly filthy and germy things ~ door handles, shopping cart handles, the pump at the gas station, etc.  You go to the gym.  You handle all those germy weights; the ones everyone else has touched with their dirty hands that they’ve sneezed and coughed in and Lord knows what else.  Your workout is over.  You go to the locker room.  Next thing you know you’re wrapping your dirty, filthy, germy hand around your little pee-pee.  YUCK!  :-X
And I’m the weird one.
:-\

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=176870.0
:

The Freakshow

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Jeremiah 29:11-13
« Reply #38 on: November 28, 2007, 09:58:54 PM »
Guys, after two months of fighting what I thought was just a bout of acne, I've been diagnosed with a MRSA staph infection.  It looks like super bad acne.

My thoughts are that I came into contact with it by using the gym supplied towels to wipe my face during work outs.

Just giving you all a heads up to be careful with gym towels/equipment.   

MRSA is treated with strong antibiotics....not typical ones.....

THROUGHLY wash hands before leaving the gym...and not just a quick wash...i'm talking about a min with a good lather....this bacterial is going around

That's SUCKS!!! SOrry to hear that man. I hope you have a speedy recovery.

And you probably thought you had to cut back on your test ;D

acloda

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #39 on: November 28, 2007, 10:34:02 PM »
 This MRSA is scary stuff. I've been going to the gym for over 20 years and never had a problem until last June when what I thought was a pimple on my elbow turned into a large red painful mess. Two days later I had a faint red stripe running up my inner arm between the bicep and triceps. On the fourth day I finally saw the doc who was not to keen on touching the sore spot, for good reason too, turned out to be MRSA.
 He put me on three orals, one nasal, and one intravenous (sp?) antibiotic, which he said my insurer would not like. Two hours for 5 days of an intravenous drip and no work and no physical contact with my wife and son. Thank god they didn't get it.
 I now wash on work out days with an antibiotic soap, up the nose too as one doc said I could be colonizer(sp?) I also wipe down every piece of equipment before using. -By the way, for some reason the leg extension equipment is always the dirtiest. -
 Now I'm just assuming I came in contact with MRSA at the gym since I know of doctors and nurses who workout there, but I think it's a pretty safe assumption. MRSA seems to show up more often at the doctors office, which I was not around at the time.

Good luck overcoming this crap!

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: November 29, 2007, 06:31:55 AM »
Yeah, it's no joke.   I find it naive and mildly arrogant to those that come on here with the attitude that they don't need to wash.  Well to those:  Yes, you may not have ever contracted MRSA or the like,  BUT, for the simple fact you DON"T wash makes you a f'ing carrier and spreader of the bacteria.  Think about others for a change

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #41 on: November 29, 2007, 10:36:18 AM »

Holy cow - worse than any horror-movie!
How can this happen -> looks like someone drilled holes into him?

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #42 on: November 29, 2007, 10:48:46 AM »
The nightly news, utter waste of airtime.  People love to see horrid shit, but they act empathetic towards it.  Murders, rapes, tragedy.  The more horrific, the better the ratings...haha

yes I have actually banned the local nightly news from my house. I wont watch it, not only because the production values are assaulting and the car commercials are painful, I cant listen to a show created by condescending ivy league assholes manipulating the 'lowly' middle class and working class, rehashing the same old stories about 'teens having sex', 'steroids', 'cures for cancer', 'things that cause cancer', 'child molesters in our neighborhoods', 'schools are failing' "germs are everywhere' and overall doom and gloom stories that they feed to the "lower classes" to keep them glued to the tube and in the stores buying crap.  Even the anchors are condescending talking about how bad the traffic and how gloomy the economy is when they are getting driven home in black cars every night.

edit:  forget to mention their parade of black street criminals in front of the cameras while white collar criminals get protected.

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #43 on: November 29, 2007, 11:27:19 AM »
yes I have actually banned the local nightly news from my house. I wont watch it, not only because the production values are assaulting and the car commercials are painful, I cant listen to a show created by condescending ivy league assholes manipulating the 'lowly' middle class and working class, rehashing the same old stories about 'teens having sex', 'steroids', 'cures for cancer', 'things that cause cancer', 'child molesters in our neighborhoods', 'schools are failing' "germs are everywhere' and overall doom and gloom stories that they feed to the "lower classes" to keep them glued to the tube and in the stores buying crap.  Even the anchors are condescending talking about how bad the traffic and how gloomy the economy is when they are getting driven home in black cars every night.

Besides the edit, which i cut out,  ;D a very good post!

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: November 29, 2007, 01:20:11 PM »
Guys, after two months of fighting what I thought was just a bout of acne, I've been diagnosed with a MRSA staph infection.  It looks like super bad acne.

My thoughts are that I came into contact with it by using the gym supplied towels to wipe my face during work outs.

Just giving you all a heads up to be careful with gym towels/equipment.   

MRSA is treated with strong antibiotics....not typical ones.....

THROUGHLY wash hands before leaving the gym...and not just a quick wash...i'm talking about a min with a good lather....this bacterial is going around
it's a good idea for ANYONE who trains in a gym to carry some Germ X or Purell hand sanitizer with them for when they get done training, keep it in your car or bag.

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: November 29, 2007, 01:22:57 PM »
it's a good idea for ANYONE who trains in a gym to carry some Germ X or Purell hand sanitizer with them for when they get done training, keep it in your car or bag.

exactly....too bad half of the dipsticks that read this don't

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: November 29, 2007, 01:24:14 PM »

exactly....too bad half of the dipsticks that read this don't
i've done it for years and don't get sick near as much, first thing i do when i get in my truck is clean the living shit out of my hands with germ X.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #47 on: November 29, 2007, 01:30:07 PM »
Being unsanitary means you can't look like this:

slayer

• Getbig IV
« Reply #48 on: November 29, 2007, 01:31:19 PM »
train at home , all is you need is olympic plates/bars a bench and you will realize how muscle is really built!

you wont get sick or have the urge to train like a pussy on sissy boy machines!