Author Topic: Why I'm not buying MD this month  (Read 2910 times)

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
  • I'm too sexy for my shirt!!!
Re: Why I'm not buying MD this month
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2007, 05:20:20 PM »
I almost forgot, there's another reason why I can't buy that rag.

I'm flipping through it, and somewhere in the middle is a two-page spread of Derek "JizzBreath" Anthony, in all his buk-caked, toupeed "glory" in an ad telling us that he built his "awesome physique" using some snake oil product.

I knew then that I couldn't live with myself if I bought that mag. 

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2007, 05:33:00 PM »
I usually buy MD because it makes for quasi-entertaining reading during my morning cardio, on days when Sports Center doesn't have any new stories...

In between all the ads and the nonsense articles from Valvolino, there are, on occasion, a few well-written paragraphs about training or nutrition.

Walking past the magazine rack at Target today, I picked up the new MD and browsed through it. You have to search real hard for the magazine content amid all the ads about supplements with 200 times the power of steroids, or supplements that magically turn chicken and pasta into steroids, or NO whatever...

The content itself is the same old, same old. Articles about the benefits of NO, arginine, or some other substance no pro really uses... reviews of supplements I'd never use... Training articles from the same pros, with the gayest nicknames ever... Flex Wheeler's analysis of contests from 3 months ago, saying how X should have been more conditioned from the back, or Y needed to be fuller...

I was filled with a sense of deja vu. How many times can you read the same recycled stuff over and over? I realized I can pick up any old edition of MD I have, and read the same stuff. So I returned the mag to the rack.

Why can't MD have NEW, REAL, and INTERESTING content like Blockhead and Special Ed are trying to bring us with their radio show?

If I'm going to have to buy a magazine with 500 pages of which 400 are ads written by pathological liars whose ultimate goal is to scam the readers and insult their intelligence, the least the magazine can do is bring us some REAL content in the remaining 100 pages.

I flipped through some of the other mags, but wasn't sufficiently impressive to buy any.

Oh, and before anyone says it... MELTDOWN!

Flex has some of the worse commentary of any bodybuilding "writer".  Great bodybuilder, terrible columnist.
A

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2007, 05:35:47 PM »

Flex has some of the worse commentary of any bodybuilding "writer".  Great bodybuilder, terrible columnist.
Flex was a great bodybuilder,terrible in every other conceivable aspect of life.

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2007, 09:51:12 PM »
i like the pictures :)
irongearco.com

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
  • Scourge of the Northern Gods
« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2007, 10:06:38 PM »
I usually buy MD because it makes for quasi-entertaining reading during my morning cardio, on days when Sports Center doesn't have any new stories...

In between all the ads and the nonsense articles from Valvolino, there are, on occasion, a few well-written paragraphs about training or nutrition.

Walking past the magazine rack at Target today, I picked up the new MD and browsed through it. You have to search real hard for the magazine content amid all the ads about supplements with 200 times the power of steroids, or supplements that magically turn chicken and pasta into steroids, or NO whatever...

The content itself is the same old, same old. Articles about the benefits of NO, arginine, or some other substance no pro really uses... reviews of supplements I'd never use... Training articles from the same pros, with the gayest nicknames ever... Flex Wheeler's analysis of contests from 3 months ago, saying how X should have been more conditioned from the back, or Y needed to be fuller...

I was filled with a sense of deja vu. How many times can you read the same recycled stuff over and over? I realized I can pick up any old edition of MD I have, and read the same stuff. So I returned the mag to the rack.

Why can't MD have NEW, REAL, and INTERESTING content like Blockhead and Special Ed are trying to bring us with their radio show?

If I'm going to have to buy a magazine with 500 pages of which 400 are ads written by pathological liars whose ultimate goal is to scam the readers and insult their intelligence, the least the magazine can do is bring us some REAL content in the remaining 100 pages.

I flipped through some of the other mags, but wasn't sufficiently impressive to buy any.

Oh, and before anyone says it... MELTDOWN!

Instead of coming on here and whining with these novellas, why not just...ummm....STOP BUYING MD ??? ::)

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2007, 10:12:48 PM »
hahaha, hey do you think it's funny that BB.com dropped the Undercover Pro column as soon as Craig went to prison?

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/undercover.htm

Things that make you go hmmm.....
HAHA, RON.....