Author Topic: 315 LB BENCH.......................29 REPS  (Read 6689 times)

troponin

• Getbig III
  • www.troponinnutrition.com
Re: 315 LB BENCH.......................29 REPS
« Reply #50 on: December 04, 2007, 02:14:20 PM »
hey troponin if you ever tear a tricep just be glad you didnt explode youre heart. they are both muscles . so have at it , you are a waste of human life if you continue this

I'll bite one last time, okay?

One is striated muscle, one is cardiac muscle. 
One is controlled by the autonomic nervous system (and subsequent sympathetic and parasympathetic responses), one is controled by the somatic nervous system (which is controlled by the penis in men). 

As for a muscular contraction:
When the muscle cell is stimulated to contract, mechanisms cause the concentration of calcium in the sarcoplasm to rise.  Some of this calcium attaches to troponin, causing a conformational change that moves troponin and tropomyosin out of the way so that the cross bridges can attach to actin and produce muscle contraction.  Without troponin, there can be no muscular contraction.

www.trueprotein.com
Troponin Nutritio

England_1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #51 on: December 04, 2007, 02:17:24 PM »
Sympathetic and parasympathetic seems to elementary to me. I prefer to call them the thoracolumbar and craniosacral, respectively  :)
Team Yates

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: December 04, 2007, 02:22:02 PM »
I'll bite one last time, okay?

One is striated muscle, one is cardiac muscle. 
One is controlled by the autonomic nervous system (and subsequent sympathetic and parasympathetic responses), one is controled by the somatic nervous system (which is controlled by the penis in men). 

As for a muscular contraction:
When the muscle cell is stimulated to contract, mechanisms cause the concentration of calcium in the sarcoplasm to rise.  Some of this calcium attaches to troponin, causing a conformational change that moves troponin and tropomyosin out of the way so that the cross bridges can attach to actin and produce muscle contraction.  Without troponin, there can be no muscular contraction.

yeah you do a set of 500 pound squats for reps in wich your steroid muscles are performing at great capacity then as you complete your set the heart rate still increases and eventually dissapates, you get the full effect  of near heart attack conditions right after you complete the set with your enhanced muscles. somethings got to give and lucky for many its there muscle that tears first

also you are walking around with more retention of fluids day in and day out then even obese people, you are walking with a CONSTANT BEYOND normal stress upon your heart even while sleeping. When you are natural and in shape you dont have to worry about the CONSTANT stress on the heart. I could only imagine the stress your heart undergoes when you really work it or even do cardio for a juicer
A

troponin

• Getbig III
« Reply #53 on: December 04, 2007, 02:22:55 PM »
Sympathetic and parasympathetic seems to elementary to me. I prefer to call them the thoracolumbar and craniosacral, respectively  :)

Yeah, well thanks to my un-closed PFO, a small clot caused an occlusion proximal to Wernicke's area in my brain....so cut me some slack. ;)  
www.trueprotein.com
Troponin Nutritio

BigPit

• Getbig I
« Reply #54 on: December 04, 2007, 02:30:41 PM »
Crazy numbers Justin! What are your current numbers at right now? Any meets coming up?

England_1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #55 on: December 04, 2007, 02:31:12 PM »
Yeah, well thanks to my un-closed PFO, a small clot caused an occlusion proximal to Wernicke's area in my brain....so cut me some slack. ;) 

Your knowledge is quite good, better so than mine. But that's mostly because I forgot a lot of the details I learned. A quick glance back at my notes though and it's no problem. Learning the entire human body in 10 weeks is the most demanding thing I've ever done educationally, but I enjoyed it. Unfortunately we have to move onto other things such as pharmacology, physiology, metabolism, etc.

It's very refreshing to see a BB so well education as yourself though Troponin.
Team Yates

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #56 on: December 04, 2007, 02:36:43 PM »
that was fucking impressive. i remember being really impressed with siders' 315x30, but for a guy who weighs half as much with no stomach to use to his advantage, that's just insane.

the 225x60 is almost more impressive, just because that kind of endurance is ridiculous.

troponin

• Getbig III
« Reply #57 on: December 04, 2007, 02:37:34 PM »
Crazy numbers Justin! What are your current numbers at right now? Any meets coming up?

I have no idea.  I'm hoping to hit a few meets in the spring and summer.
I just partnered with TrueProtein's parent company on some projects, and I want to devote the time needed to those first.  

I totaled 2149lbs last march, and I will be very disapointed if I don't beat those at the next meet I do.  
www.trueprotein.com
Troponin Nutritio

BigPit

• Getbig I
« Reply #58 on: December 04, 2007, 02:44:38 PM »
I have no idea.  I'm hoping to hit a few meets in the spring and summer.
I just partnered with TrueProtein's parent company on some projects, and I want to devote the time needed to those first. 

I totaled 2149lbs last march, and I will be very disapointed if I don't beat those at the next meet I do. 

Good luck on the new business adventures you got going on... Surprised you have any time to eat let alone train with all the shit you you do :)

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #59 on: December 04, 2007, 03:05:47 PM »
Just read this thread. A small gem. Guy (troponin: apt/witty moniker) posts with intelligence, wit and (my absolute favourite) irony. If I wasn't spoken for, I would start one of those Bluto gay threads.

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: December 04, 2007, 03:19:47 PM »
hey troponin if you ever tear a tricep just be glad you didnt explode youre heart. they are both muscles . so have at it , you are a waste of human life if you continue this

You are fucking nuts ;D

dorkeroo

• Getbig IV
  • I need steroids for the brain.
« Reply #61 on: December 04, 2007, 05:59:11 PM »

You are fucking nuts ;D

I think he is moving in a reasonable direction though. Although he is incorrect regarding similarities between skeletal and cardiac muscle, I would bet everything I own that if exogenous, anabolic steroids are being used, there is rampant, higher than regular cell signaling rates which can lead to cancer as well as other problematic conditions. The amounts of chemicals some people use will take all these pretty little "predictions" some people have on this board and flush them down the proverbial toilet.

It is all fine and dandy to quote physiology and pretend like you know all there is to know, however, one thing advanced biochemistry should teach you is that we  know so very little regarding the big picture in cell signaling and caution should be exercised when coming to definitive conclusions because chances are, pathways are different within different tissues and any conclusions one attempts to make tend to be very context specific.

That being said. Strong dude. Lockouts would change things I think, but, he isn't competing so if he wants to say he did 29 reps, who gives a shit?

chris_mason

• Getbig IV
  • Owner AtLarge Nutrition
« Reply #62 on: December 04, 2007, 07:37:35 PM »
He handles the weight well, but I guarantee you, if he actually locked out instead of doing this lame 6" ROM, he wouldn't be getting 29 reps....

Stop being a moron!  Your guarantee is worthless because you are DEAD wrong.
w

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: December 04, 2007, 07:39:32 PM »
I think he is moving in a reasonable direction though. Although he is incorrect regarding similarities between skeletal and cardiac muscle, I would bet everything I own that if exogenous, anabolic steroids are being used, there is rampant, higher than regular cell signaling rates which can lead to cancer as well as other problematic conditions. The amounts of chemicals some people use will take all these pretty little "predictions" some people have on this board and flush them down the proverbial toilet.

It is all fine and dandy to quote physiology and pretend like you know all there is to know, however, one thing advanced biochemistry should teach you is that we  know so very little regarding the big picture in cell signaling and caution should be exercised when coming to definitive conclusions because chances are, pathways are different within different tissues and any conclusions one attempts to make tend to be very context specific.

That being said. Strong dude. Lockouts would change things I think, but, he isn't competing so if he wants to say he did 29 reps, who gives a shit?

good post
A

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #64 on: December 04, 2007, 07:40:48 PM »
Stop being a moron!  Your guarantee is worthless because you are DEAD wrong.

well, no. he's not. if he went to full lockout that would add, my guess, an extra 5" in each direction (which isn't a whole lot considering he's going flat back), 10" per rep, 290" or ~24 feet total extra distance the bar would have to travel.

chances are he wouldn't have the endurance to go all that distance. i'd say he'd still top 20 reps and get a few above that, but to think he'd still get 29 is just crazy.

chris_mason

• Getbig IV
« Reply #65 on: December 04, 2007, 07:45:39 PM »
well, no. he's not. if he went to full lockout that would add, my guess, an extra 5" in each direction (which isn't a whole lot considering he's going flat back), 10" per rep, 290" or ~24 feet total extra distance the bar would have to travel.

chances are he wouldn't have the endurance to go all that distance. i'd say he'd still top 20 reps and get a few above that, but to think he'd still get 29 is just crazy.

You are oversimplifying matters... First, if he were to press to lockout, by definition, there would be a point in the ROM where the weight would be supported primarily by his skeleton.  That would mean less tension on the involved musculature.  Next, changing the ROM would change the stress on the nervous system and also the percentage involvement of the varying muscles involved in the movement.  These factors and more are involved so to say that he would get fewer reps etc. is just fucking stupid.
w

Devon97

• Getbig V
  • Keith lives on...
« Reply #66 on: December 04, 2007, 07:49:44 PM »
full ROM is only qualitative anyway.   I could just widen my grip, pinch my shoulder blades and keep my elbows tucked to shorten my lockout by a few inches.  
That lift was just for fun.  

I spent a month in Poland studying the Holocaust.  
I visited Oswiecim (Auschwitz), Birkenau, and Monawitz.  
I helped clean up a Jewish Cemetary in the town of Wroclaw.  We had to "find" the graves, as it was so over-grown.  
Most of the area hadn't been cleaned or kept in any manner in 60 years.  
I spent a week in Berlin, seeing the Berlin wall, Checkpoint Charlie, the Brandenburg Gate, and other places.  
I spent a weekend in Prague during that trip too.

Published information should be viewed on merit not location.  

LOL I will let you tell the judge at your next PL meet that ROM is only qualitative You can shorten your ROM by arching back, wide grip but  You cant "shorten a lockout" either you fully extend the elbow or you dont.

Seriously , what does cleaning a Jewish cemetary have to do with understanding USSR Eastern Bloc sports science?
You have an undergrad in Exercise science from an American University yet you act as if you are an M.D. with 3 PhD's and that your privy to all this "top secret" training/diet/ medical info lol.

chris_mason

• Getbig IV
« Reply #67 on: December 04, 2007, 08:08:28 PM »
LOL I will let you tell the judge at your next PL meet that ROM is only qualitative You can shorten your ROM by arching back, wide grip but  You cant "shorten a lockout" either you fully extend the elbow or you dont.

Seriously , what does cleaning a Jewish cemetary have to do with understanding USSR Eastern Bloc sports science?
You have an undergrad in Exercise science from an American University yet you act as if you are an M.D. with 3 PhD's and that your privy to all this "top secret" training/diet/ medical info lol.

Lol, he is bigger and stronger than you will ever be, and he has a brain.  Now what do you have to say?
w

dorkeroo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #68 on: December 04, 2007, 08:16:41 PM »
You are oversimplifying matters... First, if he were to press to lockout, by definition, there would be a point in the ROM where the weight would be supported primarily by his skeleton.  That would mean less tension on the involved musculature.  Next, changing the ROM would change the stress on the nervous system and also the percentage involvement of the varying muscles involved in the movement.  These factors and more are involved so to say that he would get fewer reps etc. is just fucking stupid.

I have seen some of your lifts and been very impressed. That being said I am not sure why you aren't agreeing with Magoo. He is right. There is never really a point in a bench press in which the joints support all of it. If there was it would be possible to wait at the top of a press for 2 minutes and then press the weight again. My guess is the triceps would give out and I would probably be right.

The guy is strong and he has been to school, but he isn't perfect and neither are his lifts. If he locked out the reps would drop. By how much nobody will know until the guy tries it.

chris_mason

• Getbig IV
« Reply #69 on: December 04, 2007, 08:33:16 PM »
I have seen some of your lifts and been very impressed. That being said I am not sure why you aren't agreeing with Magoo. He is right. There is never really a point in a bench press in which the joints support all of it. If there was it would be possible to wait at the top of a press for 2 minutes and then press the weight again. My guess is the triceps would give out and I would probably be right.

The guy is strong and he has been to school, but he isn't perfect and neither are his lifts. If he locked out the reps would drop. By how much nobody will know until the guy tries it.

Do a self-experiment.  Train one day like he does and get as many reps as possible with a given load.  Then return 4-5 days later and do whatever you think should be done in terms of a lockout and see how many reps you get.  Get back with us with your results.
w

troponin

• Getbig III
« Reply #70 on: December 05, 2007, 07:52:29 AM »

You asked if I ever studied over-seas. 
I told you what I studied there. 

There's no act.  I've never acted as if I was privy to any secret information.  I have availability to the majority of the information everyone else is. 
As far as where I received my education, the information is available.  Whether you learn yourself, a teacher tells you to learn it, or a German teacher tells you "Verstehen das."  It's up to you to understand and comprehend the information.

And the only russian word I know is the word for Syphilis.  "Ratchakakov"
www.trueprotein.com
Troponin Nutritio

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #71 on: December 05, 2007, 08:58:47 AM »
If I remember right I said on here at sometime Kaz did 405 for 50.  Someone said no way so I called him.  He told me it was 315 for 50 and 405 for 29.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: December 05, 2007, 09:03:18 AM »
no human being on earth can do 50 reps with 405 bench press.

MoralMan

• Getbig III
« Reply #73 on: December 05, 2007, 01:16:00 PM »
But if he could, then im sure onlyme would know him  ::)

dorkeroo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #74 on: December 05, 2007, 02:46:08 PM »
Do a self-experiment.  Train one day like he does and get as many reps as possible with a given load.  Then return 4-5 days later and do whatever you think should be done in terms of a lockout and see how many reps you get.  Get back with us with your results.

Your logic would suggest that the 850lb rack pull you did awhile ago and had a video equates to you doing an 850lb deadlift from the floor. That is nonsense.