Author Topic: Shaq versus Bynum  (Read 4856 times)

jerseyhurricane

• Getbig IV
  • who's next ???
Re: Shaq versus Bynum
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2007, 10:32:20 AM »
As a sixer fan...I would trade 1 championship year for 10 bad ones. We're gonna be bad anyway might as well have at least one championship year in there somewhere.
I Bleed PhillyEagle

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2007, 10:12:37 AM »
I think Bynum had 11 rebounds with 3 assists

Correct.  I was looking at part of Kobe's stats.  Thanks. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2007, 10:22:26 AM »
Bynum on Friday against Golden State:

17 points, 16 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 block, 0 steals, 1 turnover, 1 foul

The kid is really playing well.  I'm impressed. 

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
  • 1687 confirmed kills and counting
« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2007, 11:22:35 AM »
Bynum on Friday against Golden State:

17 points, 16 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 block, 0 steals, 1 turnover, 1 foul

The kid is really playing well.  I'm impressed. 

Me too.

Do you think Kobe feels bad for throwing Bynum under the bus during the summer?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2007, 11:39:28 AM »
Me too.

Do you think Kobe feels bad for throwing Bynum under the bus during the summer?

Maybe.  I'm still not certain they wouldn't have been better off with Kidd instead of Bynum.  But ask me again in about four or five months.   :) 

In his defense, he didn't intend for his comments about "shipping him out" for Kidd to be public, and Bynum had not done much at all before this season. 

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2007, 12:13:22 PM »
Do you guys think Shaq will retire at seasons end this year??? i can guarantee they will not make the playoffs..If he cared for the team he would retire or else lose his dignity in having the owner buy his contract out

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2007, 12:44:23 PM »
It wouldn't surprise me if he went down with an injury before season's end and then quit when the season is over.

Miami can't justify paying him $20 mil for what he is bringing to the table. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2007, 09:51:52 AM »
Bynum looked great again last night.  Played against Kaman of the Clippers, who is playing better than any center in the NBA right now.  Controlled the paint.  He is starting to realize how dominant he can be.  His line:

14 points, 8 rebounds, 3 assists, 1 steal, 6 blocks, 2 turnovers, 4 fouls

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2007, 02:05:00 PM »
Bynum looked great again last night.  Played against Kaman of the Clippers, who is playing better than any center in the NBA right now.  Controlled the paint.  He is starting to realize how dominant he can be.  His line:

14 points, 8 rebounds, 3 assists, 1 steal, 6 blocks, 2 turnovers, 4 fouls

Cool.  You've turned this into a Bynum Update thread.  Thanks!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: December 22, 2007, 10:07:45 AM »
I think we are seeing the emergence of a dominant big man.  A few nights ago against Cleveland, he had 17 and 11, but missed two free throws with seconds left in the game and the Lakers down by two. 

He rebounded against the Knicks yesterday with the following:

24 points (career high on 10-11 shooting), 11 rebounds, 3 assists, 0 steals, 1 block, 2 turnovers, and 0 fouls.   :o 

I have to say that Kobe gets a little credit for this.  Bynum used Kobe's "ship him out" comments as motivation:

Bryant also smiled when asked about the infamous amateur parking-lot video in which he said Bynum should have been shipped out of town for All-Star guard Jason Kidd.

"It seemed to have lit a fire under [him]," Bryant said without a trace of rancor. "It's awesome."

. . .

Bynum, who turned 20 two months ago, said he considered the amateur-video case to be closed when he and Bryant talked the first day of training camp. Of course, winning and playing well tend to ease any lingering tension.

"I think it's just that he respects more how I worked this summer, and during the season, he sees me going into the weight room," he said. "He just doesn't like if he doesn't see people working hard."

http://www.latimes.com/sports/basketball/nba/lakers/la-sp-lakers22dec22,1,2733261.story?coll=la-headlines-sports-nba-lakers

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: December 22, 2007, 11:32:53 AM »
I think we are seeing the emergence of a dominant big man.  A few nights ago against Cleveland, he had 17 and 11, but missed two free throws with seconds left in the game and the Lakers down by two. 

He rebounded against the Knicks yesterday with the following:

24 points (career high on 10-11 shooting), 11 rebounds, 3 assists, 0 steals, 1 block, 2 turnovers, and 0 fouls.   :o 

I have to say that Kobe gets a little credit for this.  Bynum used Kobe's "ship him out" comments as motivation:

Bryant also smiled when asked about the infamous amateur parking-lot video in which he said Bynum should have been shipped out of town for All-Star guard Jason Kidd.

"It seemed to have lit a fire under [him]," Bryant said without a trace of rancor. "It's awesome."

. . .

Bynum, who turned 20 two months ago, said he considered the amateur-video case to be closed when he and Bryant talked the first day of training camp. Of course, winning and playing well tend to ease any lingering tension.

"I think it's just that he respects more how I worked this summer, and during the season, he sees me going into the weight room," he said. "He just doesn't like if he doesn't see people working hard."

http://www.latimes.com/sports/basketball/nba/lakers/la-sp-lakers22dec22,1,2733261.story?coll=la-headlines-sports-nba-lakers

When he had 18 points, 7 rebounds in the first half I was even more amazed.  Soon, hopefully he will be putting entire games together like that.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: December 25, 2007, 10:07:04 PM »
Another career day for Bynum:  28 points (11 for 13), 12 rebounds, 4 assists, and 2 blocks in a win against the Suns.  I'm starting to get a little excited about my Lakers. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2008, 10:54:00 AM »
After two subpar performances in a row, the young man puts up another career high against Philly last night:  "Andrew Bynum dominated inside with 17 points, a career-high 16 rebounds and three blocks to lead the Lakers, going 6-of-8 from the field."  http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=280104013

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2008, 11:53:20 AM »
shaq has aleadygiven up on the team, i bet he will sit out till the all-star break

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2008, 10:26:12 AM »
Bynum out for 8 weeks.   :'(  He was really playing great basketball.  Lakers tied for best record in the Western Conference.  Dang. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2008, 10:38:48 AM »
Kobe on Bynum (right after Bynum's injury):  "We're a championship-caliber team with him in the lineup."

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: January 26, 2008, 08:20:37 PM »
bynum is doing well hope he recovers and picks up where he left off.

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
Bynum to Be Back for Regular Season
« Reply #42 on: May 22, 2008, 11:58:59 AM »

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
Re: Bynum to Be Back for Regular Season
« Reply #43 on: May 22, 2008, 09:27:37 PM »
Good news for Lakers fans, bad news for the rest of the league

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AiK13wfJte2fCCW8friPa7i8vLYF?slug=ap-lakers-bynumsurgery&prov=ap&type=lgns

Great news, but it would have been nice if they figured this out four months ago. 

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
Re: Bynum to Be Back for Regular Season
« Reply #44 on: May 22, 2008, 09:48:19 PM »
Great news, but it would have been nice if they figured this out four months ago. 
exactly, its good there not rushing him, like what miami did with wade, but yeah they probably dont want to bring him in since there in sync

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #45 on: May 23, 2008, 01:33:15 AM »

Thankfully, the guys are performing exceptionally well in his absence, but never a good omen when your 20-year-old future franchise player is having knee surgery.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: June 07, 2008, 09:51:00 PM »
I like this kid.   :)

"It's definitely going to be special," he said. "It'll be my first time playing with Pau [Gasol]. I think once we get that combination going, I can't see anybody stopping us. I think we're going to try and chase the Bulls' record."

Chicago set an NBA record by going 72-10 in 1995-96.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/printedition/la-sp-lakersfyi6-2008jun06,0,7904789.story

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: June 07, 2008, 10:08:30 PM »

I think we're going to try and chase the Bulls' record.

Keep thinking Bynum.. and beach if you believe they will beat the record i'll do a paypal bet with you.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: June 07, 2008, 10:33:57 PM »
Keep thinking Bynum.. and beach if you believe they will beat the record i'll do a paypal bet with you.

Oh no.  I only make about one bet a year and I'm still weighing my 2008 options.   :)  I only recently paid off my 2007 bet.  Bet my son that the Niners would have a better record than the Eagles.  Cost me a Teddy's Bigger Burgers lunch.  (Best veggie burgers in town.)

I don't know if they'll get more than 72, but a healthy Bynum will make them very tough to beat.   

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: June 08, 2008, 12:50:34 AM »
Oh no.  I only make about one bet a year and I'm still weighing my 2008 options.   :)  I only recently paid off my 2007 bet.  Bet my son that the Niners would have a better record than the Eagles.  Cost me a Teddy's Bigger Burgers lunch.  (Best veggie burgers in town.)

I don't know if they'll get more than 72, but a healthy Bynum will make them very tough to beat.   

Cmon $50 bet, well you got to before the season starts to accept.